+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUCCESS LINKING APPLICATION

King Of the RIng

Dec 18, 2018
Hi, I am not able to link application online.
Received a letter today stating that "We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor."
in the same letter it says "
How do I check the status of my application?
You may use your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this correspondence
to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and
select “Check your application status”."
I, The Sponsor, logged in using Partner Key and entered the information. I understand that the application number is same and UCI is different. But my letter says you may link using UCI on this correspondence(see Above). So I used the application number, UCI, principal applicants last name, 1/2/4 as number of applicants, place of birth but I am still not able to link. I can see the status through "online Tool" and it says in process and I also received the request for Medical exam. Will I be able to see more information if I can link application or it will be the same as online tool. ( I read somewhere in one of the threads about some table which shows the status and also the status as decision made for sponsor approval, which I can not see on online tool).
I have sponsored my wife and in case you are wondering why I put 4, I have 2 kids and I have applied for their Proof of Citizenship.
Please advise.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Try
Hi, I am not able to link application online.
Received a letter today stating that "We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor."
in the same letter it says "
How do I check the status of my application?
You may use your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this correspondence
to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and
select “Check your application status”."
I, The Sponsor, logged in using Partner Key and entered the information. I understand that the application number is same and UCI is different. But my letter says you may link using UCI on this correspondence(see Above). So I used the application number, UCI, principal applicants last name, 1/2/4 as number of applicants, place of birth but I am still not able to link. I can see the status through "online Tool" and it says in process and I also received the request for Medical exam. Will I be able to see more information if I can link application or it will be the same as online tool. ( I read somewhere in one of the threads about some table which shows the status and also the status as decision made for sponsor approval, which I can not see on online tool).
I have sponsored my wife and in case you are wondering why I put 4, I have 2 kids and I have applied for their Proof of Citizenship.
Please advise.
Try what this girl did on the 1st page. Something about hitting the space bar Also I seen a girl in the "family spouse forum the said she was finally able to link today so I tagged you. Maybe she can help you. I'm not sure why this damn thing so difficult!! :(

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
I succeeded in linking my application to my GCkey after weeks of struggle. Maybe the tips provided by friends on this forum were useful. Interestingly the date submitted is mentioned as December 25, 2018. Hong Kong is 15 hours ahead from my time. Perhaps people who have gone through appeal process are able to linking only after information form their updated forms is entered in the system. I submitted updated forms on 13th December.

Aliceno

Dec 16, 2018
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
I've tried 3 times today, your direction give me hope :). Which one is application number? How can I get this number? Million thanks

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I see, not get AOR yet, hopefully soon. Thanks shalenabennie )))
Chances are, you wouldn't be able to link until you got aor anyways. It takes them a while to put applicants into the system. By the time you get aor, your file should be in their system and hopefully you'll be able to link :)

Reactions: Aliceno

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
Can you link the application without getting AOR ? I did inland application i contacted IRCC and they confirmed temporary file number is created. Is that mean i can link the application need some help

hapl

Mar 16, 2016
Category........
PNP
Hey Everyone

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
Thank you very much!! this worked for me!!
Have a great day!

andygps

May 29, 2018
After almost 20 attempts, I’m glad that finally, I was able to link my application to the GCkey account I created! Adding a space trick didn’t work for me. It’s important that you have a copy of the IMM0008 form for reference. Because I sponsored my spouse, I selected Permanent Residence as the category->then Family Class(Spouse) for the subcategory->then I selected Application number and Family name for the details I will be providing (include the F for the application number and the Family Name should be the Applicant’s Last Name exactly as it is as how you typed it in the form cause it’s case sensitive, in my case it was all caps e.g. SMITH) ->For Applicant’s Personal info, I selected Passport then filled up passport number, date issued and expiry date, again exactly the same as it is on the form or in his passport ->Select the province and city/town the applicant intend to live in from the drop-down menu and it should match the details in the form->current marital status should be Married and lastly, number of family numbers I typed in was 2 (that includes me/the sponsor and my husband/principal applicant) unless you have kids or you have dependents included in the application NOTE: I didn’t add any space at the end of each detail in fields without drop-down menu. Don’t forget to hit the search button once your finished filling up the fields.

I was surprised when the message said “an application has been found” instead of the upsetting “no application has been found”.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope this would help others who are still having trouble linking their application.
Thanks, tried the space trick too and it didn't work, continued reading the thread and followed your post and it worked! Well I think...
I thought it said "no application has been found" again after I clicked on Search, and I was kind of disappointed and didn't pay attention to what button I pressed but on the next page I found my application linked!

However, when I go into the details and click on "View submitted application", the "Supporting Documents", "Optional Documents", and "Fees" are all empty. Anybody knows if this is normal?

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Thanks, tried the space trick too and it didn't work, continued reading the thread and followed your post and it worked! Well I think...
I thought it said "no application has been found" again after I clicked on Search, and I was kind of disappointed and didn't pay attention to what button I pressed but on the next page I found my application linked!

However, when I go into the details and click on "View submitted application", the "Supporting Documents", "Optional Documents", and "Fees" are all empty. Anybody knows if this is normal?
Did get AOR email from CIC or did you link your paper application without getting the application number ? When did you apply ?