+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUCCESS LINKING APPLICATION

Van2020

Aug 10, 2020
Thanks so much for all sharing, I successfully linked my application.
I chose the option Family name and Given name. The tips are
- capitalize the first letter of each word
- adding A SPACE at the end of your typing
Good luck!

NasimOm

Oct 2, 2020
HELP US PLEASE!!! we couldn't be able to link my husband's open work permit application to our account, anybody has any idea how to solve the issue?

Van2020

Aug 10, 2020
HELP US PLEASE!!! we couldn't be able to link my husband's open work permit application to our account, anybody has any idea how to solve the issue?
You should look thru all comments and try. I at least tried 3 days. Good luck.

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
Hello thank you for sharing this but i have a question for you
Do I need to put space after first letter of my name?

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Hi All,

Give those a try and hopefully one of them works out.

Steps that have successfully worked to link your application to your online account! (myCIC)

1. Log in with GC Key account
2. Permanent Residence - Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/paste application number from email (including the F) and enter PA's last name
3. City of Birth - enter 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Select PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Do not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependents)

OR...

1. Log in with GCKey account
3. Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) - Insert application number and UCI from email
4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth
6. Passport Info - Insert Passport number, issuance and expiration info
7. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application (Province, City and marital status) and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependent, if any)
8. Click on the 'Search for myapplication' tab
9. Then on 'Link my application' tab

OR...

1. Log in with GCKey account
3. Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) - Insert application number and UCI from email
4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)
6. Passport Info - Insert Passport number, issuance and expiration info
7. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application (Province, City and marital status) and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependent, if any)
8. Click on the 'Search for myapplication' tab
9. Then on 'Link my application' tab
This is all on 1st page of this thread/post.
Sorry to ask
If somebody doesnt have any dependent then should enter what number for the number of member in app?

MAKabir

Jul 20, 2018
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
----------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much. I have been trying everything this method worked instantly.

Mar 1, 2022
Just want to add again that choosing SINGLE instead of Married if you had a previous temporary visitor application worked for me to link.

I also kept a record of 15 attempts, all with a different combination.

Mamta5493

Jul 8, 2022
HELP US PLEASE!!! we couldn't be able to link my husband's open work permit application to our account, anybody has any idea how to solve the issue? i tried every way as here mentioned and also generate web form but no reply

Mamta5493

Jul 8, 2022
Hello all,

if your GC key account was revoked dont stressed,

Create a new Gc key account and try to link Old application.
if still you are not able to link then
login to your new GC key and enter your details step by step and take a screen shot for all combination as possible with your application type

now create a web form and select technical difficulties
after that in Your query box enter all details as you have with passport no,application no UCI date of birth name category all
Also mention new Gc key account Details like Login id and Password

after that submit button they ask you to upload documents in that upload all screenshot which you taken for all combination and submit

after you submit your web form dont try again and again to link your account. just wait after 5 business days try to link your account it will work for me. still if not work for you wait for reply of your webform they will definately reply and also tell that your mistake as well as they are link your application to new Gc key account

Naafer

Mar 1, 2024
Help please, my GC account was locked.
I created a new account and I’m unable to link my application to the new account- account category Temporal resident visa( study permit) please help !!!