+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUCCESS LINKING APPLICATION

ifrahzehra

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
But adding a space after application number(2 letters + 8 digits) is not accepted by the system
You are suppose to add the space after entering the whole Application number and application number consists of only one alphabet and rest is numbers:
for example:
A#########

azteker

Nov 17, 2016
You are suppose to add the space after entering the whole Application number and application number consists of only one alphabet and rest is numbers:
for example:
A#########
When did you apply? My application number is two alphabet and 8 digits

Gillmani

Jul 26, 2019
Hlo friends

Can u tell me that can we link 1 application to 2 diffrent gc key accounts.
Bcz my gc key acc passwrd is with my consultnt. Can i make my own gc key acc and link app to both accounts. Would it cause any prblm ??

ANGELA.M

Aug 6, 2019
Hi guys,

I finally linked my paper application to my online account.
I followed these instructions today:

Permanent Residence
Family class (Spouse)
Application number (I did put in an extra space after the number)
Family name (I did put in an extra space after the family name - all capital letters)
Passport information

Province and city as you filled in the form IMM0008
Number of applicants: 2 (I did put in an extra space after the number)

Key factor: Use internet explorer instead google chrome

Thank you so much, I have been stressing over getting this done, and very happy that it worked on the first try using internet explorer!

Reactions: EStrong

EStrong

Nov 7, 2018
Hi guys,

I finally linked my paper application to my online account.
I followed these instructions today:

Permanent Residence
Family class (Spouse)
Application number (I did put in an extra space after the number)
Family name (I did put in an extra space after the family name - all capital letters)
Passport information

Province and city as you filled in the form IMM0008
Number of applicants: 2 (I did put in an extra space after the number)

Key factor: Use internet explorer instead google chrome

Thank you so much, I have been stressing over getting this done, and very happy that it worked on the first try using internet explorer!
Wow, this worked perfectly! I tried so many methods over the last few weeks but this is the only one that actually worked- thanks for sharing!

VicNik

Jul 3, 2019
Hello,
On August 2 2019, I received an email from CIC informing me about some missing requirements that I should address for my application. I sent them all, but my question is: On the document they sent me, there is an Application Number which starts with an F (and UCI). I am using this number and trying to link my application but it doesn't work. I tried spaces etc but nothing happened. Is there something else I can do?

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi,

I had submitted an Inland application to sponsor my wife, along with an Open work permit (OWP) application on July 8, 2019. On August 17, I received an email from IRCC confirming that CIC has received my application to sponsor my wife. Since then I have also linked my paper application to my online account on CIC website.

The query I have is that the confirmation email from IRCC had no mention of OWP application and even the paper application I have linked online says nothing about OWP. Does this mean that I need to link the OWP application to my online account separately?

Also, will I receive a separate email from IRCC confirming they have received my OWP application or it is part of the overall PR application only?

Thanks in advance.

rajassbj

Jun 9, 2018
I linked my family application today,

I tried with application number with family name(spouse)(first letter caps, no space)
Place of birth, as entered in application
No of family members was the trick, I had entered 2 in my application, but while linking i tried with 3 including dependent and it worked.

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
Thanks alot!! It worked for me.

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here is what I was doing wrong:
Number of people in the application = sponsor + #of people being sponsored + co-sponsor (if applicable)
Didnt put extra space or anything. Only thing, I entered last name with first letter capital.
I hope this helps

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Putting "2" in the number of applicants question , did it for me. I was entering "1" here (because that is what I had put on the Applicant Form) and that is what was creating the issue.

Elaine amj

Mar 20, 2018
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
THANK YOU!! This finally worked. I put all the recommended spaces and also followed all info I submitted in IMM008.

Also, mine is a parent/grandparent application and I finally realized how to count family members:
- applicant and any family (mine was just my widowed mother)
- plus sponsor
- plus co-sponsor
Not including sponsor's children.
In my case, this was "3" .

Maybe it would have worked without the spaces? In any case, THANK YOU!!!!