+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
The passport request letter has not started for me too and the due date is 2020/11/16. I have also passed in eligibility.
My guess is our study permits have been approved. I thought they would send the passport request letter before the due date but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Yeah, it has been more than 5 weeks since mine passed. But yes, since the VO who reviewed my application said it has been approved and gave me an expiration date for it, I will continue studying online.

I think there's a long delay because the Los Angeles office recently opened up (2 weeks ago) and they might be working on catching up.

Are you going to continue studying online?

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Hey guys, I just received my gcms notes. Can you please review it and let me know if it is in fact approved (but they haven't issued the ppr):

Both the first stage assessment and second stage assessment were completed on the same day for me.
Under the (outgoing: 2) for the correspondence section it states that the passport request has a due date of 08/23/2020 (mm/dd/yyyy) but the status says "Not started".

Under the assessment section the final was left blank for some reason and the counterfoil req has a yes next to it. What does that mean?

Final:
The Counterfoil Req: Yes

As for the notes left by the Visa Officer at the end,

First note: A positive stage one preliminary eligibility assessment has been made on this application.

Second note: LOA provided. Funds ok. Satsified PA is a genunie student and will leave Canda at the end of authorized stay. Approved SP validity: yyyy/mm/dd. SP remarks: may accept employment.... (and so on)

(In the second note it says the SP is approved and they gave me an expiration date for it)
Did you apply online regular? Or sds?

hjkojima

Aug 10, 2020
Yeah, it has been more than 5 weeks since mine passed. But yes, since the VO who reviewed my application said it has been approved and gave me an expiration date for it, I will continue studying online.

I think there's a long delay because the Los Angeles office recently opened up (2 weeks ago) and they might be working on catching up.

Are you going to continue studying online?
Yes. I taking onine classes.

Reactions: lamen22

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
You are welcome! I think the IRCC will start approving applications soon now that they have announced the easing of border restrictions for international students.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for posting that update, I would've never come across it.
That's good news! We finally have a date to look forward to. October 20
Would wait and see what happens. Not sure how these policies can be justified when both large areas of Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and other regions of Quebec are in more severe lockdown or heading towards that.

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Would wait and see what happens. Not sure how these policies can be justified when both large areas of Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and other regions of Quebec are in more severe lockdown or heading towards that.
Well, the health minister has pointed out that the international travel is only responsible for 2% of transmission which is why they are letting the students in finally of course if their universities have covid-19 readiness plan which is reasonable. So I dont see any reason they can have to hold on to our approvals.

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I saw quite a few people who applied in May sharing their good news about getting approvals. I don't know if any one of them have applied from the US. someone even said that they got approved without biometrics.
I applied in May as well but havent heard back yet.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-graduate-work-permit-processing-time-pgwp.481328/page-660
This thread is for PGWP. People inside Canada are getting approvals but I haven’t heard any news from the ones with complete application and AIP getting approval or passport request.