+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I saw quite a few people who applied in May sharing their good news about getting approvals. I don't know if any one of them have applied from the US. someone even said that they got approved without biometrics.
I applied in May as well but havent heard back yet.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-graduate-work-permit-processing-time-pgwp.481328/page-660
It seems like those people applied for work permits not study permits.
They may have not given biometrics, but they probably got them from previous applications.

Austin_williams

Sep 18, 2020
Hey guys, I just received my gcms notes. Can you please review it and let me know if it is in fact approved (but they haven't issued the ppr):

Both the first stage assessment and second stage assessment were completed on the same day for me.
Under the (outgoing: 2) for the correspondence section it states that the passport request has a due date of 08/23/2020 (mm/dd/yyyy) but the status says "Not started".

Under the assessment section the final was left blank for some reason and the counterfoil req has a yes next to it. What does that mean?

Final:
The Counterfoil Req: Yes

As for the notes left by the Visa Officer at the end,

First note: A positive stage one preliminary eligibility assessment has been made on this application.

Second note: LOA provided. Funds ok. Satsified PA is a genunie student and will leave Canda at the end of authorized stay. Approved SP validity: yyyy/mm/dd. SP remarks: may accept employment.... (and so on)

(In the second note it says the SP is approved and they gave me an expiration date for it)

hey, I received my GCMS notes few days ago and I see it’s the same for me too. My passport submission letter due date has passed but I have not yet received updates on my GVKey account. Did you receive any updates on submitting your passport?

May 20, 2020
Hi!~ For those who are currently on OPT status in the US and are approaching the grace period, has anyone started filing for a change of status to stay in the US?

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I haven't filed for anything. I still have about 4 months but I am not planning to change status or extend my stay any further. I am hoping to hear back from IRCC soon since its high time now.

Reactions: hjkojima