+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I thought to give you all an update to bring up some hope. I just received my OPR today. I am a non-U.S. citizen who applied for a study permit in the United States.

Here is my timeline:

Mar. 28 Submitted Application
July. 13 Submitted Biometrics
Oct. 27 Biometric Correspondence Letter and Original Passport Request Letter came in at the same time.

Visa office: CPC Ottawa

I contacted IRCC a few times because I applied for OPT to extend my legal status in the United States. I sent IRCC a webform on OCT 19 with my approved OPT card. My DLI was also on the COVID-19 readiness list, and I received my answer today. Moreover, I have never received my AIP.

Hang in there, don't lose hope!

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I thought to give you all an update to bring up some hope. I just received my OPR today. I am a non-U.S. citizen who applied for a study permit in the United States.

Here is my timeline:

Oct. 27 Biometric Correspondence Letter and Original Passport Request Letter came in at the same time.

I contacted IRCC a few times because I applied for OPT to extend my legal status in the United States. I sent IRCC a webform on OCT 19 with my approved OPT card. My DLI was also on the COVID-19 readiness list, and I received my answer today. Moreover, I have never received my AIP.

Congratulations! That's phenomenal news! They're finally processing applications then.

Reactions: Ln_

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020

Here is my timeline:

I am so happy now! Congratulations the time has finally come! I also sent them a webworms yesterday asking and update with my letter of enrollment to show that I am studying! Hopefully will come back soon here to give you guys an update! Thanks for sharing!

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I think if your DLI is on that COVID-19 readiness list, then you should expect to hear back from IRCC soon.

Reactions: AnaCamp

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations. Please keep us posted with the passport sending back and forth with VAC and stamping as well.

I also saw some posts on Facebook groups sharing their approval applying from USA. The only difference I found out between these approvals and mine is the date Biometric Correspondence Letter. Mine was the date after I took biometrics, theirs were the same date with the approval PPR letter.
Hopefully, good news comes to all of us soon

Austin_williams

Sep 18, 2020

Here is my timeline:

Hi, do you think sending my OPT card picture will help? Because I received my card after I applied for Student VISA. And also I am taking online class right now from my Uni in Canada. Please recommend and give I’m your opinion on it. I am also a non US Citizen I finished y undergrad in May this year. I would highly appreciate it!

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Congratulations. Please keep us posted with the passport sending back and forth with VAC and stamping as well.

I also saw some posts on Facebook groups sharing their approval applying from USA. The only difference I found out between these approvals and mine is the date Biometric Correspondence Letter. Mine was the date after I took biometrics, theirs were the same date with the approval PPR letter.
Did you get an approval (PPR) as well? When was it?

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Did you get an approval (PPR) as well? When was it?
Sorry, I forgot to mention. I haven't received the approval yet. I mean so far it seems those who received PPR letter also received biometrics correspondence on the same day.

My timeline is:
Applied April 15
Biometrics July 20
Biometrics Correspondence July 21
AIP Aug 21

Still waiting for results :oops:

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020

Both letters for me were issued today. (Oct.27.2020) After some research, we will have to mail our passport one either the VAC in New York or Los Angeles. You have to email them to pay a fee to get the shipping envelope. You can find more information on their website.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/how_to_apply.html

You can find more relevant information by clicking on the "Submit Passport and Other Documents" section.

Reactions: lanp2606

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Both letters for me were issued today. (Oct.27.2020) After some research, we will have to mail our passport one either the VAC in New York or Los Angeles. You have to email them to pay a fee to get the shipping envelope. You can find more information on their website.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/how_to_apply.html

You can find more relevant information by clicking on the "Submit Passport and Other Documents" section.
Thank you so much for your information.

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi, do you think sending my OPT card picture will help? Because I received my card after I applied for Student VISA. And also I am taking online class right now from my Uni in Canada. Please recommend and give I’m your opinion on it. I am also a non US Citizen I finished y undergrad in May this year. I would highly appreciate it!
Hi Austin,

I attached the following documents to IRCC in a webform.
1. A letter explaining that I applied for OPT to extend my legal status in the U.S.
2. The front and back side of my OPT card
3. Updated I-20 with the section that says OPT approved on the second page.
4. I-94 form that has the "D/S" status.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Austin_williams