+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Congratulations man!
Was it on the same date as the one on your GCMS notes?
Also, do they want it sent to LA or NY?
No it was not the same date as it stated on my GCMS notes.
Currently, there is only VAC NY in function. LA seems to be closed forever. my only option is to send to VAC NY.

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
No it was not the same date as it stated on my GCMS notes.
Currently, there is only VAC NY in function. LA seems to be closed forever. my only option is to send to VAC NY.
Sounds good, keep us updated with what you get back after they return your passport to you.

hjkojima

Aug 10, 2020
Did your university give you any documents saying that you need to be in the university for conducting research? I am also a PhD students. That's why I am wondering what type of documents will be needed?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Did your university give you any documents saying that you need to be in the university for conducting research? I am also a PhD students. That's why I am wondering what type of documents will be needed?
Yes, my supervisor and Dept. coordinator are willing to provide me a letter of support to show the border agents. Also, I will have to fill out the quarantine plan pdf form. But from what I heard a person from my school flying there, the admission at the border is very smooth. The only issue he mentioned to me is the airline people like they checked him very details more than the border agents did to him.

Austin_williams

Sep 18, 2020
Hi everyone, I read all your discussion in this forum and I have some concerns.

I am same as you all. I finished my undergrad in May 31 and I applied for my student VISA for Canada with a complete file including medical exam, biometrics from last year tourist visa.
I received my AIP and still waiting on final decision to be made. I submitted my application when I was still waiting for my OPT card. I do not know if I should send them a copy of my OPT now after I got my AIP letter early August. In terms of my I-20 I did not upload a copy of it. I have scanned my passport pages where they have my US Student visa copy.

My question is should I send them a copy of my new I-20 which includes my OPT start and end date with a copy of my OPT card? If so, then how can I send them?

Please Help, I am stressed.