+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT EXTENSION TIMELINE 2022

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Hello, I am still waiting. This is the first time I have had such a long wait after the review of eligibility started.
Oh that's sad, have you called them and asked for the progress? I got my status switched to under review last week, and I called them last Friday for an update, the agent said that my eligibility check is passed, but I am still under review for some reason.....
Hope this will help

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
Oh that's sad, have you called them and asked for the progress? I got my status switched to under review last week, and I called them last Friday for an update, the agent said that my eligibility check is passed, but I am still under review for some reason.....
Hope this will help
I tried to call them, but their phone number is always busy. My eligibility is still under review for 3 weeks. Have you received your study permit?

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
I tried to call them, but their phone number is always busy. My eligibility is still under review for 3 weeks. Have you received your study permit?
No not yet, but I called them again this morning. The agent said there are no changes on my application since the last call (last Friday) (so they know you called them). I forgot what exactly I asked them, but the agent told me that my application was approved. I was super confused and he said the application is processing to be printed..... I guess I have to wait. I also asked him the new expiration date for my study permit because I was not sure if that "approved" was another frikin IRCC internal terminology on something else, and he told me it's going to be July 31 next year! So I was pretty sure (hopefully) I am good and the only thing for now is to wait

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
AHHH, another thing. I called them continuously with no break for an hour and a half and got myself into the call back queue along with PC running text now on browser and my cellphone, so I can do ~ 2 calls/min. Also having yourself in the queue is just the beginning; I believe that the calls are randomly transferred to different call centers (I guess), some of them have the callback option on, some of them don't, and some of them will tell you how long you need to wait, some of them don't, for those doesn't enable the callback option, you have to wait without hanging up and there is a really high chance (100% at least for me) for the phone to cut off by itself, which is extremely stupid.
Finger crossed and hopefully you will hear that callback option.
Regarding the callback option, you have to wait ~ 70 mins. GL

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
No not yet, but I called them again this morning. The agent said there are no changes on my application since the last call (last Friday) (so they know you called them). I forgot what exactly I asked them, but the agent told me that my application was approved. I was super confused and he said the application is processing to be printed..... I guess I have to wait. I also asked him the new expiration date for my study permit because I was not sure if that "approved" was another frikin IRCC internal terminology on something else, and he told me it's going to be July 31 next year! So I was pretty sure (hopefully) I am good and the only thing for now is to wait
Does it show approved when you sign in to your GCKEY account or just like mine we are reviewing eligibility?

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Does it show approved when you sign in to your GCKEY account or just like mine we are reviewing eligibility?
It shows "we are reviewing whether......" stuff. I will never spend a few hours trying to call them if the website is telling me that I've got approval.

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
I got really confused since the agent told me that it is waiting to be printed..... Never thought printing could cost that much time. It looks like I am all good but still some kind of worried since I saw people stuck here for few months...

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
I got really confused since the agent told me that it is waiting to be printed..... Never thought printing could cost that much time. It looks like I am all good but still some kind of worried since I saw people stuck here for few months...
Did you receive your study permit?. I tried to call CIC, but no success so far.

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Did you receive your study permit?. I tried to call CIC, but no success so far.
Just had the call with them, it looks like the agent doesn't know much about how long it's going to be, he told me that my case is waiting to be printed in the queue, and I asked him which office is handling this kinda stuff, he told me it is Ottawa.... So nothing to do with CPC Edmonton. He also told me that there are delays since Ukraine stuff, and I should get it by next month.... great...

wiener

Oct 21, 2018
Just had the call with them, it looks like the agent doesn't know much about how long it's going to be, he told me that my case is waiting to be printed in the queue, and I asked him which office is handling this kinda stuff, he told me it is Ottawa.... So nothing to do with CPC Edmonton. He also told me that there are delays since Ukraine stuff, and I should get it by next month.... great...
Thanks for the update. Please let me know when your study permit is approved online in GCKEY.