+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

rony patel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
November applicants.. what are our options now?
I don’t think there are any options for us, we can’t call to ask, webform agents don’t answer the questions. I reached to a point where I don’t want to think about it at all, for the last month I have thinking about every minute non stop and if I continue I will go crazy

rony patel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
I don’t know the purpose of the webform if they just answer with canned responses. I sent them last week and I got the same response I got two weeks ago

samderlust

Apr 21, 2020
I applied to extend my study permit on Nov 23. Of course still no update. My current study permit expired on Apr 1st. and I've already finished school last week.
Is it possible that I can apply for PGWP later with the implied status of study permit?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Safe to say they aren't thinking of going back to our applications anytime soon.

Does anyone remember the poster threatening to self harm last week? Did anyone check up on him? I can't seem to find the post. I hope he's fine.

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
I applied to extend my study permit on Nov 23. Of course still no update. My current study permit expired on Apr 1st. and I've already finished school last week.
Is it possible that I can apply for PGWP later with the implied status of study permit?
Yes. with the recent update from IRCC, people who are waiting for SP extension (under implied status) can apply for PGWP.

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
Can you please share the link?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

look for this point within above link --> "they are on implied status, meaning they submitted an application to extend or change their status to visitor or student before the expiry date of their study permit and no decision has been made"

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Alright, so for those of us who are planning to apply for PGWP on implied status whose previous enrollment letter have elapse (Meaning IRCC can decide to request a new enrollment letter or outrightly refuse).

Is it reasonable to add a new enrollment letter to the PGWP application showing we were registered at some point in the current term? @canuck_in_uk @scylla @canuck78

**The new enrollment letter covering up to at least July (with the 90 days window)**

ssandhuuuu

Mar 31, 2020
Alright, so for those of us who are planning to apply for PGWP on implied status whose previous enrollment letter have elapse (Meaning IRCC can decide to request a new enrollment letter or outrightly refuse).

Is it reasonable to add a new enrollment letter to the application showing we were register in the current term?

**The new enrollment letter covering up to at least July (with the 90 days window)**
I dont think they need new Enrollment because they extending December applicants too .