+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I am surprised that yours says this as well considering I and @ree14 applied a good 10 days before you and both are just still processing.

Pathetic really!
I agree it's pathetic. I've never had to wait this long before. Plus the delays due to COVID 19 started after Mar 16. As per the 120 day processing time, our applications should've been processed by that date or at least now before the Dec/Jan applicants.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I agree it's pathetic. I've never had to wait this long before. Plus the delays due to COVID 19 started after Mar 16. As per the 120 day processing time, our applications should've been processed by that date or at least now before the Dec/Jan applicants.
That is my biggest gripe. Under no circumstance should one have to wait 120 days for an extension in the first place, but even then you'd expect that when they are up and running the application should continue in the order they were being processed initially - there is a reason I applied in November and someone else in January.

With this chaos you cannot even tell what dates they are processing, and to make it worse there has been little to no correspondence from them on the application or maintaining our statuses post completion. I have never being in this kind of limbo in my whole life, I cannot work because I am done with school and I cannot apply for CERB because I was not laid off. If you don't laugh you'd cry!

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
That is my biggest gripe. Under no circumstance should one have to wait 120 days for an extension in the first place, but even then you'd expect that when they are up and running the application should continue in the order they were being processed initially - there is a reason I applied in November and someone else in January.

With this chaos you cannot even tell what dates they are processing, and to make it worse there has been little to no correspondence from them on the application or maintaining our statuses post completion. I have never being in this kind of limbo in my whole life, I cannot work because I am done with school and I cannot apply for CERB because I was not laid off. If you don't laugh you'd cry!
I'm in the same situation as you lol. Lets stay hopeful.
I'm trying to check my application status but I can't login. I think their servers are down rn so I'll try again in an hour and keep you guys updated.

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Status of my application:
Applied November 30th, 2019
Total days so far: 128
Currently under process.
Review of eligibility started about 2 months ago. It currently says we are currently reviewing your eligibility.
No update since then.

rony patel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Status of my application:
Applied November 30th, 2019
Total days so far: 128
Currently under process.
Review of eligibility started about 2 months ago. It currently says we are currently reviewing your eligibility.
No update since then.
Reviewing eligibility started two months ago! Wow, so that means they don't go by order! Now I am super confused lol I thought they go by order because the processing time tool used to show what date of application they working on :/