+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Seems like the November people have been skipped for some reason and they've moved onto December. Personally, I'm kinda happy as I applied in March but it probably sucks for you guys who applied in Nov.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
So I sent a web form asking about the status of my application and they gave a very generic reply. Kind of shocking that Dec/Jan applications are being processed earlier than Nov.

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."
Also, can you please check and monitor your CIC account tomorrow to see if there's any update. Assuming the other guy applied on November 18th and got approved last Friday, and you applied two days later, might be indicative of a return to normal if they update your account tomorrow.
Hopefully they do!

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Also, can you please check and monitor your CIC account tomorrow to see if there's any update. Assuming the other guy applied on November 18th and got approved last Friday, and you applied two days later, might be indicative of a return to normal if they update your account tomorrow.
Hopefully they do!
I'll monitor it for sure, I have been for the past few days. I also applied on Nov 18th so it's really frustrating.

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Applied November 30, since then it has been showing we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.