+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit extension delay? May2019

Manpreet950

Nov 10, 2019
Good news , finally got my approval today
Applied on July 3rd got approved today Oct 26th ( 114 days).
Hope everyone else get his approval soon.
My name is Manpreet. I applied for my study permit extension and my spouse’s work permit extension. I didn’t hear anything back yet. I applied on 23 July and its been 110 now. Do you know how long its gonna take more

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello Friends,
I applied for my study permit extension along with spouse open work permit extension on September 17, 2019.
Does they process both applications separate or together?
When I applied, processing time was 40 days and now its 75 days? For my application which they count ? total days or business days?

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Unfortunately no you can’t it must be valid and they will issue the Co-Op work permit or the open work permit the same validity as your original study permit.
Let’s say you got a new study permit and you didn’t apply for your wife or your kids in the same time then you have better option then applying online and wait too long time you can apply for a spouse open work permit or visitor record at any port of entry & you can get it in the same day which is easier & faster. But this doesn’t apply in your situation
Hello,
My study permit is valid up to December 31, 2019. Due to early passport expiry date, my spouse was issued open work permit upto November 16, 2019. We both had applied for renewal on Sep 17, 2019. I want to extend my spouse permit date same as mine SP. Can I use port of entry option to request them extend my spouse open work permit upto Dec 31, same as my SP expiry. She already renewed passport. Will they do in same day???

Manpreet950

Nov 10, 2019
Any updates on extensions applied after June 23 ?
My name is Manpreet. I applied for my study permit extension and my spouse’s work permit extension. I didn’t hear anything back yet. I applied on 23 July and its been 119 now. Do you know how long its gonna take more.

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi guys,

So my current study permit expires on Jan 8, 2020 and I applied for an extension on Sep 28. At the time processing time was 44 days. Now it has increased to 99 days, which is ridiculous.

I intend to travel back home over the winter break and ideally I was hoping to leave with my Extended study permit but now I guess that will be unlikely. If I return to Canada before my permit and visa expire i.e., before Jan 8th; will I be able to enter without any problems? Given the situation, I am planning to return on the 3rd of January but wondering if Border immigration services would create any problems? Is it advisable to travel? Any of you tried entering with an expiring permit/visa?

Thanks

vityan12

Nov 8, 2019
URGENT
Is it possible to apply for trv with in canada approval letter, because it can take long to receive physical copy of study permit by mail?

Manpreet950

Nov 10, 2019
Hey Everyone... sorry to tell you a little late but i got my visa approved.
I applied on 23 rd July
Get approval on 27 November

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Yes, it joint application for me and my spouse
I applied as joint application.

CIC call centre told me that your application for SP extension will be processed before as it has less processing time than work permit extension and spouse for OWP extension will be processed later. Is it true?? Or they will respond together?? What happened to you.

both applications were submitted through same principal applicant GCkey.

Manpreet950

Nov 10, 2019

CIC call centre told me that your application for SP extension will be processed before as it has less processing time than work permit extension and spouse for OWP extension will be processed later. Is it true?? Or they will respond together?? What happened to you.

Hello, Me and My spouse applied on same and got visa on same day so there’s nothing like that the processing time difference. And one more thing, we got our answer in 4 months . i called IRCC many times they always give unuseful answers so just relax . i know its delaying but you will get it for sure

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Work permit and SP will be processed together.

For the last 5 months it’s the same trend.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi guys,

So my current study permit expires on Jan 8, 2020 and I applied for an extension on Sep 28. At the time processing time was 44 days. Now it has increased to 99 days, which is ridiculous.

I intend to travel back home over the winter break and ideally I was hoping to leave with my Extended study permit but now I guess that will be unlikely. If I return to Canada before my permit and visa expire i.e., before Jan 8th; will I be able to enter without any problems? Given the situation, I am planning to return on the 3rd of January but wondering if Border immigration services would create any problems? Is it advisable to travel? Any of you tried entering with an expiring permit/visa?

Thanks
Hey did you get your extension approved yet ? or still processing ? I applied on Oct 15.