+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension 2023

Tubiti

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
i am worried, they havent even started the eligibility review. applied on December 5th for sp extension and sowp extension and daughter's sp extension. if they say smth is missing will have to wait more. and then wait for extension of the visas. but I need to get a visa for UK and there wont be any time left for it. should I have applied for my sp extension first and then apply for my husband's and daughter's extensions after getting mine? i am tired of waiting for things in this country. everything takes sooooo long.

Avi97

Feb 16, 2023
i am worried, they havent even started the eligibility review. applied on December 5th for sp extension and sowp extension and daughter's sp extension. if they say smth is missing will have to wait more. and then wait for extension of the visas. but I need to get a visa for UK and there wont be any time left for it. should I have applied for my sp extension first and then apply for my husband's and daughter's extensions after getting mine? i am tired of waiting for things in this country. everything takes sooooo long.
I did hear it is better and faster to apply for extension and then anything like SOWP.
But we already have applied so it is what it is plus there is nothing we need to hide so I don’t see a problem with that personally.
The eligibility review has not started for me as well.
But my webform reply stated, it is already in process and it is not updated on the portal in real time.
My initial work permit as well nothing was updated just Review started after a long wait and next day Approval.

All we can do is wait and inform each other.

danielsp

Jan 6, 2023
Hi,
I applied for my study permit extension with my spouse SOWP,
Submission= Oct 7th, 2022
Updated= March 25th, 2023
Approved= March 27th, 2023
MP did a inquiry on my behalf on March 10, not sure if it made a difference or not, I hop you all get your permits as soon as possible.

Avi97

Feb 16, 2023
Hi,
I applied for my study permit extension with my spouse SOWP,
Submission= Oct 7th, 2022
Updated= March 25th, 2023
Approved= March 27th, 2023
MP did a inquiry on my behalf on March 10, not sure if it made a difference or not, I hop you all get your permits as soon as possible.
Hey, what process you took to contact your MP? What was the inquiry about and iff any associated fees?

cgyt

Apr 3, 2023
Submitted application for SP and SOWP extension on Jan 14, 2023 and still no updates.
Both me and my husband's initial SP and WP have already expired on Mar 16, 2023 and our application has not even gone in review.
This is getting so stressful and is literally affecting my life here.

designnomad

Jan 17, 2022
Submitted application for SP and SOWP extension on Jan 14, 2023 and still no updates.
Both me and my husband's initial SP and WP have already expired on Mar 16, 2023 and our application has not even gone in review.
This is getting so stressful and is literally affecting my life here.
i submitted mine and my spouse on Jan 07, no update, no eligibility review start

Reactions: Boltj194

Vivagogos

Apr 19, 2023
Hi! I applied for study permit extension together with requests for extension of my spouse's SOWP and my daughter's SP on December 5, 2022. Still nothing. eligibility review hasn't started. I learnt that another student in my class applied and got her extension in a month last summer, but she applied alone and she was Iranian maybe they accelerated her application due to the situation in her country. not sure. but normally ppl get an extension in 4 months as far as I see. lets inform each other here re the process of our applications.
I am in same both. Have you received your extension yet? i applied for SP extension, spouse SOWP extension and 2 kids VV record extension and till now, no update not even eligibility has started. I am so worried as i need to apply for my PGWP by May. any news yet from your end?

Vivagogos

Apr 19, 2023
I think your current study permit will expire in about 90 days after the completion of your studies (via written confirmation from school) or the expiry date on the study permit, whichever comes first. Your status will turn to maintain since you have an ongoing SP extension application.
But you are starting another program in May so the 90 days will not apply to him. you are good.

jumboy99

Feb 10, 2022
Hi guys, any updates on SP extension + SOWP extension? I submitted the on 01/14/23. The status till no start review.
Thank you.

Reactions: Boltj194

Tubiti

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I am in same both. Have you received your extension yet? i applied for SP extension, spouse SOWP extension and 2 kids VV record extension and till now, no update not even eligibility has started. I am so worried as i need to apply for my PGWP by May. any news yet from your end?
no, nothing unfortunately :(