+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension 2023

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
Thank you for the update. It looks like they prioritize the ones with a study permit expiry date reaching soon or have already passed the expiry date.
There is no fixed time line or pattern for extension of study permit. It seems now they are approving it in one and a half month. One should file the application three months before the expiry date of previous study permit.

harsgeet

Oct 8, 2018
My cousin's Study permit extension along with her spouse WP extension got approvals today.

Timeline:
Study permit & SOWP extensions applied together: September 22nd 2022
Medicals passed for SOWP: Feb 3rd 2023
Eligibility started for both: Feb 27th 2023
Approved: Feb 28th 2023.

If we apply SP extension along with SOWP extension, then WP processing times are considered. Best example is our file. Our file was processed per In Canada WP timelines.

Reactions: PM011U

Menzhel1462

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hey guys! Just casually checked my profile and I have been finally APPROVED!

I can see my document status but no in-canada approval letter yet in my portal! What should I do? Should I wait for a while? I didn’t receive any email about status change either

Here’s my timeline again
File submitted: 20th Jan 2023
Eligibility started: 2nd March 2023
Final Approval: 3rd March 2023

*Still waiting for the in-canada approval letter
Goodluck to everyone still waiting!

peterkim777

Nov 12, 2020

I can see my document status but no in-canada approval letter yet in my portal! What should I do? Should I wait for a while? I didn’t receive any email about status change either

Here’s my timeline again

Congratulations:)
I also received the mail the day after it approved. And today I received the document via letter.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada

Here’s my timeline again

Congratulations! You might receive the physical copy of the study permit within a week of the approval.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Nov 30th,2022 along with SOWP.
Oh, yes, for applicants with SOWP unfortunately, the processing time shown on the website is applicable. But it had come down to a little over 3 months (109 days) now. So hopefully you might hear about your application soon. I would suggest raising a webform if you do not hear from them past the processing time.

Avi97

Feb 16, 2023
Oh, yes, for applicants with SOWP unfortunately, the processing time shown on the website is applicable. But it had come down to a little over 3 months (109 days) now. So hopefully you might hear about your application soon. I would suggest raising a webform if you do not hear from them past the processing time.
Just saw processing time is now 85 days.

I am on 105th day from application date. Should I raise a webform or wait till processing time of SWOP (152 days).

I am more concerned about my extension coming in time as May 2023 my session starts

sheilackm

Mar 17, 2023
Hi! I applied on Nov 11 (Sp + Owp extension) and I still havent received any update on my application. The wait is driving me crazy
I was going to travel back home at the end of march but I'm losing hope to have the permits extended by the travel date .