+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension 2023

Avi97

Feb 16, 2023
Any update on any of your extensions results??
I applied on Nov 30th, 2022.
Current Permit is valid till Sep 2023, current study finishing in April 3rd, 2023 so I guess once this current study is over so does the present permit expires.
New Course Starting from May 2023.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Any update on any of your extensions results??
I applied on Nov 30th, 2022.
Current Permit is valid till Sep 2023, current study finishing in April 3rd, 2023 so I guess once this current study is over so does the present permit expires.
New Course Starting from May 2023.
I think your current study permit will expire in about 90 days after the completion of your studies (via written confirmation from school) or the expiry date on the study permit, whichever comes first. Your status will turn to maintain since you have an ongoing SP extension application.

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Yes It was very fast. They approved study permit extension in 1.5 months (23.12.22 to 08.02.23). Inf act they didn't send any mail in between and there was no update in the portal until the final approval.
Did you have to physically send them the passport via mail before approval?

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
Did you have to physically send them the passport via mail before approval?
No need of sending your passport for study permit extension. Only scanned pages are to be uploaded. IRCC will send you the extended study permit (single page) through courier. The same can also be downloaded.

Reactions: PM011U and inkpot

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
No need of sending your passport for study permit extension. Only scanned pages are to be uploaded. IRCC will send you the extended study permit (single page) through courier. The same can also be downloaded.
Thanks for the answer. So I guess we only need to send the passport for TRV extension, correct? Also any idea on what happens if our study permit extension is in progress and the TRV (and SIN) expires?

Menzhel1462

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Thanks for the answer. So I guess we only need to send the passport for TRV extension, correct? Also any idea on what happens if our study permit extension is in progress and the TRV (and SIN) expires?
You would have to wait for your study permit to be approved to apply for a new TRV and SIN. Once you get the approval letter in your IRCC account (you don’t have to wait for the physical copy), you can go ahead and make your TRV application and I think the same for the expired SIN

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Just saw that someone applied for an extension in January and got approved this February. So I’m not sure how they handle the applications :oops:
Is it on this forum or do you know someone personally who had this happened? If that's even the case, I hope we get to hear about the outcome soon as the stress level is too high, looking at how even people are getting rejected for extensions and pgwps. I used to think once you have your study permit and landed to Canada future applications were going to be easy but looking at some of the recent rejection cases for extensions and pgwps I was a little concerned about my own application.

Reactions: PM011U

Menzhel1462

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Is it on this forum or do you know someone personally who had this happened? If that's even the case, I hope we get to hear about the outcome soon as the stress level is too high, looking at how even people are getting rejected for extensions and pgwps. I used to think once you have your study permit and landed to Canada future applications were going to be easy but looking at some of the recent rejection cases for extensions and pgwps I was a little concerned about my own application.
Yes I read it on this forum. It was a new post about study visa renewal. I can understand your stress level because I’m also very anxious about the final decision. Now that you mentioned refusals for extensions I’m even more anxious because I had no idea people were getting rejected! Have you read from this forum or it’s from people you know who are being rejected? At this point, I’m just praying and hoping for the best!

Reactions: PM011U

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
TRV is required if you want to go out and enter Canada. It takes time to get it. So first get your study permit extended. Also if the extension is for one year, then you will get TRV for that period only.