+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension 2023

dre 44

May 12, 2023
i am worried, they havent even started the eligibility review. applied on December 5th for sp extension and sowp extension and daughter's sp extension. if they say smth is missing will have to wait more. and then wait for extension of the visas. but I need to get a visa for UK and there wont be any time left for it. should I have applied for my sp extension first and then apply for my husband's and daughter's extensions after getting mine? i am tired of waiting for things in this country. everything takes sooooo long.
Hi, I am in same boat with you applied 8 December,2022 for study permit extension with wife's Sowp till now no update The wait is frustrating since one has to have a valid sp in order to be eligible to work after applying for pgwp.

C.O.Okwara

Apr 25, 2023
Hi, I am in same boat with you applied 8 December,2022 for study permit extension with wife's Sowp till now no update The wait is frustrating since one has to have a valid sp in order to be eligible to work after applying for pgwp.
I just want to share my experience. I flagpoled to get my pgwp last week at the Windsor border on an implied status with an expired SP and TRV. I went with only my kids and got visitors records for them as well. This week I applied to renew my TRV.

Jonismash

Jun 20, 2019
Submitted application for SP and SOWP extension on Jan 14, 2023 and still no updates.
Both me and my husband's initial SP and WP have already expired on Mar 16, 2023 and our application has not even gone in review.
This is getting so stressful and is literally affecting my life here.
Hi have you got any update yet?

Jonismash

Jun 20, 2019
Hello, I applied for SP and SOWP together on the Jan 30th but haven’t got approved till now.
Do I need to send a web form to the IRCC?

Jonismash

Jun 20, 2019
I applied for extension on 26th Dec 2022, review started on 10th feb followed by approval on 13th Feb.(with my previous study permit expiring on 31st Dec 2022)
hi has your application been approved yet?
I applied on jan 30th and haven’t got approval yet till today.
Should I send a web form?

kartik20012021

Sep 13, 2020
I just want to share my experience. I flagpoled to get my pgwp last week at the Windsor border on an implied status with an expired SP and TRV. I went with only my kids and got visitors records for them as well. This week I applied to renew my TRV.
Where can I know more about the border services?

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
Just thought of sharing my timeline for my 2nd-time study permit extension:
Application started: March 27
Eligibility review started: May 9
Application Approved: May 10

designnomad

Jan 17, 2022
Hello, I applied for SP and SOWP together on the Jan 30th but haven’t got approved till now.
Do I need to send a web form to the IRCC?
I submitted my study permit extension with my spouse OWP on Jan 07, no update from IRCC. Not even an eligibility review.

Jonismash

Jun 20, 2019
I applied on the 6 December.2022 together with my wife SoWP. I raised a web form 3 days ago to express my concerns over the delay
I noticed my eligibility review started yesterday.
did they reply to your webform?
And when is your current study permit expired?
Mine is expiring on the end of June.
And if there is no approval till my graduation, I won’t be able to work if I apply for the PGWP without study permit validity

dre 44

May 12, 2023
did they reply to your webform?
And when is your current study permit expired?
Mine is expiring on the end of June.
And if there is no approval till my graduation, I won’t be able to work if I apply for the PGWP without study permit validity