+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

hobasanmi

Jan 15, 2022
Hello, I'm just an intending applicant who wish to apply for a study permit and possibly travel with my husbands and two kids. I'm 37 years... No travel history. I have bsc and masters in microbiology and wish to do my PhD in microbiology. I have over 10 years working experience and currently working in a federal university... Please, what are my chances of getting my study permit?

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hello, I'm just an intending applicant who wish to apply for a study permit and possibly travel with my husbands and two kids. I'm 37 years... No travel history. I have bsc and masters in microbiology and wish to do my PhD in microbiology. I have over 10 years working experience and currently working in a federal university... Please, what are my chances of getting my study permit?
Do you already have Letter of Acceptance for your PhD from any school in Canada? That's tis the first step. If you have, most PhDs are funded by the university through scholarships and grants, because it's research-based. Once you have these, I think you can come with your family if you have enough funds to take care of them. PhD students are the only few that get away with coming with their families these days.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hey guys!, I'm confused ,,, I applied for study permit since June 3, 2021. Till now, I haven't heard from CIC again... I had to defer my admission to September 2022. The last time I enquired, they said it's been processed in Nairobi Office. Pls I need your advice.
Any development on your application? I know 4 people who applied since May 15 and May 21. They are yet to receive any update till date. It's a shame what is going on at IRCC

Quite

Feb 1, 2022
I applied on August 26th and I'm still waiting. I enquired and it turns out my file is in Nairobi. I thought we had a visa office here in nigeria

DameofSJ

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-12-2024
AOR Received.
04-03-2024
Med's Done....
15-06-2022
Use CBN electronic form A.
Good day Everyone, please how can I make payment of school fees from Nigeria to a college in Canada at low rates?

Kay_mi

Feb 1, 2022
Good day all, I'm as new as new can be on this platform. I just got an admission approval from Oulton College, and I'm working towards paying their initial deposit soon and be on the lookout for their admission letter. After this must have been received, what should be my next step? I'm trying to work towards the September admissions.
Thanks for your anticipated responses.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day all, I'm as new as new can be on this platform. I just got an admission approval from Oulton College, and I'm working towards paying their initial deposit soon and be on the lookout for their admission letter. After this must have been received, what should be my next step? I'm trying to work towards the September admissions.
Thanks for your anticipated responses.
You should apply to a different school. This is a private schools where the degrees do not qualify for PGWP. Stick to public colleges and universities.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Reactions: Naturgrl

trendyx

Apr 9, 2019
Good evening all, please who have gone for a judicial review and used the services of ogayemi law firm? Thanks so much.

Froscow

Feb 8, 2022
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Im 32 yrs old,i had a degree in philosophy and public affiars(university of ibadan)...my plan is to further for my PG in canada but my grade is too low to be accepted..so im planning to apply for a second degree programme instead..please i need know the effect this could have on my chances on getting the study visa regarding age and the course programme.
Secondly, regarding the sponsorer POF,,shes is selfemployed(CAC registered) and a mother to me.please whats the minimum amount would you advice to be enough to convince the immigration officer..

Reactions: QuinAby
Nov 25, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for information. Is there a WhatsApp group for applicants through Nairobi?

I applied in late October last year with a UK passport (dual national). Processed in Lagos, as that is where I have been domiciled.

IRCC Info
Eligibility: Application in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Medical: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. (I completed my upfront medical on Jan 24, 2022.)
Documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: Completed.
Background: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Applied in October 2021 for January 2022.

Travel history: I have been to Canada up to 5 times since 2016

Does anyone have information to share? Started classes online but getting worried about the delays.

Nov 25, 2021
Medical updated on February 10, 2022

Eligibility has changed from "in progress" to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for information. Is there a WhatsApp group for applicants through Nairobi?

I applied in late October last year with a UK passport (dual national). Processed in Lagos, as that is where I have been domiciled.

IRCC Info
Eligibility: Application in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Medical: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. (I completed my upfront medical on Jan 24, 2022.)
Documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: Completed.
Background: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Applied in October 2021 for January 2022.

Travel history: I have been to Canada up to 5 times since 2016

Does anyone have information to share? Started classes online but getting worried about the delays.

Last edited:

Creech

Nov 10, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Med's Request
28th September 2021
Med's Done....
14 October 2021, updated on 26th October
Medical updated on February 10, 2022

Eligibility has changed from "in progress" to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
Mine has been on this since October last year