+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Deeza1

Feb 17, 2022
Please I am applying for a study permit. My Husband is sponsoring but he has transferred all the money i need to my account and I have also set up a GIC with 15000CaD. Should i fill him as sponsor or just state i would be paying myself as the money is already in my account.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Please I am applying for a study permit. My Husband is sponsoring but he has transferred all the money i need to my account and I have also set up a GIC with 15000CaD. Should i fill him as sponsor or just state i would be paying myself as the money is already in my account.
Transferring lump sum into bank account is a red flag and they may or may not question. As you are asking advice after transfer was already been made, then you can have your spouse write support letter to your SP Application

KING EDWARD

Oct 25, 2021
Please can anyone share a sample of what a study leave approval letter should look like. My org request a sample to prepare one for me. Thanks

KING EDWARD

Oct 25, 2021
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Please I need a sample letter of a study leave approval so my org can use to prepare one for me.. Thank you

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Hi guys, has anyone recently travelled to Toronto via the Lagos. How is the experience like please. What and what is necessary to have in mind? Any lead will be appreciated

Reactions: Mkisrael

Covenant

Jul 3, 2021
Hi @Omofar on the new portal under education costs. It requires one to fill in cost for all the years of study. In the case of 2 years does one now need to show pof for the 2 years or under funds available just put the funds for one year? Please respond

jlusi

Oct 13, 2021
Has anyone's study permit application taken over a year to receive a decision? My brother applied in May 2020 and still no decision (no approval, no rejection, just processing). Sent multiple emails, webforms, and even got gmcs notes. No idea why it's taking so long. Has this happened to anyone?

Murad1629

Jan 11, 2021
Hello there,

My Name is Murad I am from Ethiopia, recently I applied for study permit Canada for Jan 2022 intake and was refused. I planning to re- apply for the second time can you please help me. I eagerly need your support thank you in advance.
The GCMS reports is down below

I have reviewed the application.

Taking the applicant's plans of studies into account, the documentation in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available.

Financial support from Brother/the third party noted. Insufficient documentation on file to establish relationship to the person providing funds. I have concerns with the availability and reliability of 3rd party funds for duration of studies. I have concerns that the funds are for demonstration purposes only. The applicant has presented very limited information regarding personal and family finances or establishments in COR.

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as temporary resident, I note that:

- The client is married or has dependents or states to have close family ties in their home country, but is not sufficiently established.

The applicant is 30 years old, and is seeking to pursue 3 years Bachelor's degree in Women and Gender Studies. The applicant has provided little documentation regarding past schooling including University in Ethiopia. The applicant declares that he has completed a study of Public Health on 2013. Then he worked as a project officer after graduation. The applicant provided limited supporting documents to explain the details of the employment history. Lack of career progression concerns me regarding applicant's motivation to pursue this course at high cost in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies.

The applicant's prior travel history or lack thereof is insufficient to count as a significant positive factor in my assessment.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized to stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there,

My Name is Murad I am from Ethiopia, recently I applied for study permit Canada for Jan 2022 intake and was refused. I planning to re- apply for the second time can you please help me. I eagerly need your support thank you in advance.
The GCMS reports is down below

I have reviewed the application.

Taking the applicant's plans of studies into account, the documentation in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available.

Financial support from Brother/the third party noted. Insufficient documentation on file to establish relationship to the person providing funds. I have concerns with the availability and reliability of 3rd party funds for duration of studies. I have concerns that the funds are for demonstration purposes only. The applicant has presented very limited information regarding personal and family finances or establishments in COR.

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as temporary resident, I note that:

- The client is married or has dependents or states to have close family ties in their home country, but is not sufficiently established.

The applicant is 30 years old, and is seeking to pursue 3 years Bachelor's degree in Women and Gender Studies. The applicant has provided little documentation regarding past schooling including University in Ethiopia. The applicant declares that he has completed a study of Public Health on 2013. Then he worked as a project officer after graduation. The applicant provided limited supporting documents to explain the details of the employment history. Lack of career progression concerns me regarding applicant's motivation to pursue this course at high cost in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies.

The applicant's prior travel history or lack thereof is insufficient to count as a significant positive factor in my assessment.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized to stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application
What is your profile? Past education.

- If you are 30, you should be funding your studies, not your brother. It seems you didn't provide documentation on the finances. Don't believe you can afford it. Can you personally afford it?
-Why do you need to take a Women and Gender studies program? What better career will it give you in your country after spending tens of thousands of dollars. Women and Gender studies is a generic program.
- What was your past education? They don't believe your complete studies.
- No travel history so they don't know if you will return home.
- What are your close family ties.