+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello i am a PR of Canada, is it possible to be the sponsor for my younger brothers PGD. For the purpose of his Visa Application, i hope to attach my bank statements and also my parents. Has that been successful in the past? Thank you
How old is your brother? Does he have any of his own funds? If so he needs to show that.

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Hello i am a PR of Canada, is it possible to be the sponsor for my younger brothers PGD. For the purpose of his Visa Application, i hope to attach my bank statements and also my parents. Has that been successful in the past? Thank you
Yes many people get with family in Canada. My cousin mother and sister were Canadian and she got her visa approved. Make sure you say your younger brother has strong ties like property or job or some real family back home.

Quite

Feb 1, 2022
Please I have done by medical and it has being updated in the ircc website. Does anyone know how long I'll have to wait for the passport request

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Please am looking to apply for a study permit soon. I dont know which route to use.
Either the NSE route or standard application process.

For the NSE route can i apply online? Is there a different portal to upload applications and document. For the IELTS exam for the NSE, which of the IELTS is required? Academic or General Training.

Please send to me the link to the portal for NSE.

Thanks.

Emperorkek

Mar 25, 2022
Please am looking to apply for a study permit soon. I dont know which route to use.
Either the NSE route or standard application process.

For the NSE route can i apply online? Is there a different portal to upload applications and document. For the IELTS exam for the NSE, which of the IELTS is required? Academic or General Training.

Please send to me the link to the portal for NSE.

Thanks.
It's advisable to use the NSE route as the processing time is faster than standard route.

And Yes, you can apply for the NSE route online, same as you do the standard route. The only diff is you get to add IELTS, Upfront medicals, Mybankstatement.

For the IELTS exams, it was never specified which to use. From my experience I have seen people who used general and academic, and none were rejected. General however is easier than academic. P. S my opinion tho.

Best regards,
Kelvin.

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
Please question my people. For study permit application, what's the current processing time plus are you expected to do medical before you submit or you have to wait till you are told to go do it?

Davidaustin123

Jul 19, 2021
Please question my people. For study permit application, what's the current processing time plus are you expected to do medical before you submit or you have to wait till you are told to go do it?
The time for each person defers so you can really ascertain the time. Medical can be done at anytime, either before or after application.

joyohis

Mar 24, 2019
Hello People. I need your advise. I applied for study permit :
25th May 2020
Refused 9th September
Social Work Keyano College Alberta
Applied from UAE, i am Nigerian resident of UAE for 10 years. I have Bachelors of Public Administration
Refused on Financial grounds , employment status. weak home ties, purpose of study

I am trying to re apply again but this time from Nigeria with below profile:
Masters in Public Administration
University of Saskatchewan

How do i go about applying from Nigeria since i am a resident of UAE.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
25th May 2020
Refused 9th September
Applied from UAE, i am Nigerian resident of UAE for 10 years. I have Bachelors of Public Administration
Refused on Financial grounds , employment status. weak home ties, purpose of study

You don’t if you don’t live in Nigeria. If you want to apply from Nigeria, then return and apply.

Reactions: joyohis

Benjena

May 28, 2019
25th May 2020
Refused 9th September

I had the same experience in 2020 and am ready to apply. Also UAE residence. Since you are going for masters which is a A for you, how is your finance? Financial status is a big concern for Canada Gov, I was earlier refused on purpose of study and funds. See what I have done so far to tackle my refusal, I got masters admission as my previous was post graduate diploma. Total Tuition for 2 yrs masters is 33,500cad and I have paid 30k and kept 17k cad in my account here in UAE. Since I dont want to move to Nigeria for application purpose only and I don't have account in Nigeria to show as proof of funds, I want to see if I can apply again in UAE and see it goes.

Ties is hard to proof when in another man's country only when you failed to convince VO on purpose of visit and proof of funds, then ties refusal will follower.

K.O

Oct 12, 2021
Hello, as an international high school student, is it possible to change you school after receiving your study permit, but before leaving for Canada? If yes, what is the way to go about it or do you only need to have a valid letter of acceptance from your new school once you arrive in Canada or are u required to do something before hand?
Thank you very much.

Benjena

May 28, 2019
No one has missed the main admin and sole owner of this group like i do, now we can see what we missed, and for the guy that came from sky and showed fake commitment that he was going to do the able work OMOFAR was doing here, where are you now? you have gone underground for months right? leaving the prospecting applicants stranded. OMOFAR PLS COME BACK, WE NEED YOU.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, as an international high school student, is it possible to change you school after receiving your study permit, but before leaving for Canada? If yes, what is the way to go about it or do you only need to have a valid letter of acceptance from your new school once you arrive in Canada or are u required to do something before hand?
Thank you very much.
Do you have a study permit and want to change DLIs? If so, you need a new study permit.