+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Afrank

Mar 25, 2021
Hi Afrank,

I would prefer to make the job of the Visa officer easier. So I suggest you find a way to merge both letters into one and its should not be more than 1,500 words or 3 pages.

Wisbung you the very best.

Omofar
Hello Omofar,
I had the same idea in mind. Thanks a lot. I plan to apply through the NSE process. I have my IELTS result which I scored above their cut-off, and my sponsor will generate a bank statement. I've been told the NSE process takes just 2weeks before the VO's decision is made. Can you help confirm if this is true or does it take longer?
Also, how exactly are all the numerous documents meant to be arranged in an orderly manner through this online application cause that's where I faltered before. Any advice on this?

Thank you for your swift response and I look forward to your reply again.

Reactions: Babatunde721

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Holding; BSc Quantity Surveying (graduate 2016)

Experience; 5yrs in Construction Industry

Going for; Diploma in Construction Management Technology
Age; 29yrs, Single

Application: 25 April 2021
BIL: 26 April 2021
BIL done: 26 April 2021
BIL Updated; 28 April 2021
Eligibility Review: 07 June 2021
ADR ( Police Clearance): NIL
Medical Request: 07 June 2021
Medical Done: 16 June 2021
Medical Submitted; 23 June 2021
Medical passed: 25 June 2021
ADR Uploaded: NIL
ADR Review: NIL
BVL: 30 June 2021
PPR: 30 June 2021

Country; TANZANIA
Congrats. Good to hear some good news.

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hello Omofar,
I had the same idea in mind. Thanks a lot. I plan to apply through the NSE process. I have my IELTS result which I scored above their cut-off, and my sponsor will generate a bank statement. I've been told the NSE process takes just 2weeks before the VO's decision is made. Can you help confirm if this is true or does it take longer?
Also, how exactly are all the numerous documents meant to be arranged in an orderly manner through this online application cause that's where I faltered before. Any advice on this?

personally, I don't think no timeline is guaranteed with these guys. Also, ensure you have upfront medicals done if you didn't do it in the previous application. Best of luck.

Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar,

I totally agree with @Jackie Tomson.

NSE taking 2 weeks is a myth!

It will take a minimum of 8-12 weeks if all your documents are in order. The volume of applications received by the Canadian embassy coupled with the sloths working there ensures that no application can be completely dealt with in 2 weeks.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Afrank

Afrank

Mar 25, 2021

It will take a minimum of 8-12 weeks if all your documents are in order. The volume of applications received by the Canadian embassy coupled with the sloths working there ensures that no application can be completely dealt with in 2 weeks.

All the best.

Omofar
Got it man. Thanks a lot for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020

All the best.

Omofar
Hello omofar what do you think about a boy of 18 years going for a 2 years diploma program? He doesn’t have any degree is that a red flag

gwenn

May 13, 2021
Hello guys. Hope you are all well. I do have a question on how I will write/defend my SOP.
Background: I graduated in 2009 and I enrolled in MBA and completed 4 subjects only way back in 2010. I did not complete it.
Plan: I plan on getting Business Management in Canada.
Concern: VO might have questions on why I did not pursue my MBA in my country and it seems like I'm downgrading from MBA to business management. Also, he might have concerns on why I want to study in Canada if it's available back home.

Can you please help me/advise on what possibly can I include my SOP as justification/reason? Thank you very much! :)

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hello omofar what do you think about a boy of 18 years going for a 2 years diploma program? He doesn’t have any degree is that a red flag
Not a problem with respect to purpose. But he still has sponsorship and most especially ties to his home country to battle with.

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hello guys. Hope you are all well. I do have a question on how I will write/defend my SOP.
Background: I graduated in 2009 and I enrolled in MBA and completed 4 subjects only way back in 2010. I did not complete it.
Plan: I plan on getting Business Management in Canada.
Concern: VO might have questions on why I did not pursue my MBA in my country and it seems like I'm downgrading from MBA to business management. Also, he might have concerns on why I want to study in Canada if it's available back home.

Can you please help me/advise on what possibly can I include my SOP as justification/reason? Thank you very much! :)
What was your first degree. What areas do you have work experience in?

Reactions: Chyka

teenie19

Mar 2, 2021

@Omofar please do you have any idea as to what could be delaying my file? I am still yet to hear back since Feb 11, 2021. Have you seen this type of case before? If yes, what did client do? My file will clock 5 months with them in 3 days...

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
Hi guys. Do you think having Tier 4( Uk study visa) for September 2021 intake in the UK but yet to leave home country could be an issue if the person equally applied for Canada Student Permit? Thanks guys.

Pls I need urgent response guys. Thanks

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hello. How long before my course start date im i allowed to come into Canada. Also, will I be allowed to work full time during that time?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello. How long before my course start date im i allowed to come into Canada. Also, will I be allowed to work full time during that time?
Safest time is 4 weeks before your semester starts.

You cannot work before the school starts. You are only allowed to work part time (max 20hrs per week) during regular semester.

Reactions: Omofar