+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

rlola

Feb 25, 2021
hello guys i have a two part question and would appreciate your assistance. if it has already been asked and answered please direct to the relevant pages.
i have 10 million in a fixed deposit in my name which i have written in my sop is my inheritance from my late fathers estate. my uncle who reside in the uk and who occasionally send me money says hes willing to do an affidavit of sponsorship and provide me his bank statements and landed properties. is it advisable to add him as a sponsor? or should i just present my own bank statement.( statement of account for fixed deposit is more than six months right now).

also i graduated 2018 and finished my nysc 2020. im 25 years old and havent held any job since .how can i accurately prove ties to home country. my mum has properties but none is in my name .is this enough . other peole in my situation what did you do.tia

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello Omofar,
They have just refused my study permit application today with the reason that i may not come back after my Studies and also that i may reaply if i feel i can respond to this concern and also can demostrate that my situation meets the requirements.please can you tell me exactly how to respond to this?i have paid the total tuition fees of 34k canadian Dollar and also 4,054 canadian dollar for Residence. pls how do i appeal this decision? Thanks and God bless you.
Whats your profile, employment status, source of fund, age, program of study etc

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Good day house,
Please I need the input of the gurus in the house.

A friend got rejected yesterday base on "personal asset and financial status", what can be done? What can be used to prove good financial status and personal assets?

Thanks.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good day house,

A friend got rejected yesterday base on "personal asset and financial status", what can be done? What can be used to prove good financial status and personal assets?

Thanks.
What can be done? Is to provide sufficient proof of personal asset and finance before he re-apply.

Reactions: Omofar

rlola

Feb 25, 2021
hello guys i have a two part question and would appreciate your assistance. if it has already been asked and answered please direct to the relevant pages.
i have 10 million in a fixed deposit in my name which i have written in my sop is my inheritance from my late fathers estate. my uncle who reside in the uk and who occasionally send me money says hes willing to do an affidavit of sponsorship and provide me his bank statements and landed properties. is it advisable to add him as a sponsor? or should i just present my own bank statement.( statement of account for fixed deposit is more than six months right now).

also i graduated 2018 and finished my nysc 2020. im 25 years old and havent held any job since .how can i accurately prove ties to home country. my mum has properties but none is in my name .is this enough . other peole in my situation what did you do.tia
CAN I GET SOME HELP WITH THIS

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

I suppose you have only one concern, that is “financial requirement” and the rest are self sufficient. Back to your question;

IF you have 10m naira (If it is sufficient as POF) in your name, that will be sufficient. At 25, your uncle affidavit wont make your profile strong. It could only, if you are going to pursue first degree after highschool. Student under this category, depends on sponsors but not after your first degree.

second question about how you can prove your ties, If the rest of your family, and if you have children and spouse, thats a strong social tie back home. Properties under someone’s else name doesnt hold water.

rlola

Feb 25, 2021
I suppose you have only one concern, that is “financial requirement” and the rest are self sufficient. Back to your question;

IF you have 10m naira (If it is sufficient as POF) in your name, that will be sufficient. At 25, your uncle affidavit wont make your profile strong. It could only, if you are going to pursue first degree after highschool. Student under this category, depends on sponsors but not after your first degree.

second question about how you can prove your ties, If the rest of your family, and if you have children and spouse, thats a strong social tie back home. Properties under someone’s else name doesnt hold water.
YES. the money in my account is enough as proof of funds im unmarried no kids so ill have to use my family as proof of ties. hopefully that will be enough. thanks for your assistance

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day house,

Thanks.
Please send me the visa officer's address, I will go and slap him for you.... :D:D

Just joking through, kindly refer to what @Simba112 said.

All the best.

Omofar

Pirazo

Aug 18, 2019
Hello Omofar,
I am 44 years old ,I have the following qualifications OND,HND (Quantity Surveying),PGD in Environmental resource management and Masters in Environmental management. I am looking to apply for a certificate program in Construction management in Lambton college ,2 year duration.
I also want my family to accompany me to Canada and I understand that the proof of funds for spouse $4,000 and each additional member is $3000 and $10,000 for me as an international student plus Tuition fee.
My question now is how do I go about this application in order not to be rejected?
Secondly do I need to submit my personal income tax or just my pay slip from my company as evidence of the genuity of the funds.

Alomob

Jun 28, 2021
Hello guys, I was denied boarding my flight on June 27th on the premise of getting a secondary confirmation from a “discretionary group” from Canada, I was told without this confirmation I would not be allowed to enter the plane, the response from the group came 3 hours after my flight had left and I was told I could only travel 4 weeks before my classes start. Now the problem is that my student visa would have expired by then. Any advice please?

Background info:
-I already have a visa and acceptance letter from my school
-My school is a registered DLI
-My program starts September but I won’t be able to enroll until mid august.
- I was denied boarding in Abuja international airport in Nigeria

Please is this secondary check only happening in Nigeria or what? or has anyone else in Nigeria had a similar experience recently?