+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guyss I have some couple of questions
I paid $1500 deposit fee of my school
And I got rejected twice
Are they really people that get visa with just deposit???
And some of my friends even didn’t even pay a dime and got approved

Here’s what my last rejection gcms says:
I am not Satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident,I note that : The client is Single,Mobile, is not well established and has no dependents

Now I’ve done affivadit both of my parents swearing they’re my dependents. @Omofar

• Sad
Reactions: Omofar

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
And I got rejected twice

I am not Satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident,I note that : The client is Single,Mobile, is not well established and has no dependents

Now I’ve done affivadit both of my parents swearing they’re my dependents. @Omofar
I believe the school deposit part has to do with Proof of Funds which is not the reason for your rejection. I think Ties to Home Country is the problem you need to tackle. This usually involves having a job here, immediate family if you are married, investments, business or landed property of verified substantial value.

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
I believe the school deposit part has to do with Proof of Funds which is not the reason for your rejection. I think Ties to Home Country is the problem you need to tackle. This usually involves having a job here, immediate family if you are married, investments, business or landed property of verified substantial value.
Sir, I just turned 18 this month.
The gcms also says :Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account , the documentation provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied thy the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

Lyzdz

Apr 21, 2021
Sir, I just turned 18 this month.
The gcms also says :Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account , the documentation provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied thy the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.
Which country did you apply from?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
And I got rejected twice

You cant just change home ties by swearing in both your parents as dependants. It doesnt gothat way. How does that work when you submit proof of fund from your parents as sponsor, and now you change they are your dependant

Last edited:
Reactions: Omofar

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Yes maybe
I feel you should probably look for an experienced agent (with good known referrals or IRCC regulated) that will help you review your unique situation, analyze all your gcms notes and properly guide u on the way forward. Else we will just be giving you blind advice with half information.

Angelamam

Jun 14, 2021
Good morning, please I need your special counsel, I applied for my study visa last year Aug. for fall 2020, was studying online due to the lock down and pandemic. I have not received my visa , last month I emailed the IRCC and they replied telling me that my application was stalled because I didn’t send my proof of fund documents which they said was unreadable, actually I sent it to then then. I resent it again to them with the letter from my school asking them that I need to be in school to finish my lab works which is necessary before I graduate. Do you think there is anything I need to do here again. It’s really depressing.

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Good morning, please I need your special counsel, I applied for my study visa last year Aug. for fall 2020, was studying online due to the lock down and pandemic. I have not received my visa , last month I emailed the IRCC and they replied telling me that my application was stalled because I didn’t send my proof of fund documents which they said was unreadable, actually I sent it to then. I resent it again to them with the letter from my school asking them that I need to be in school to finish my lab works which is necessary before I graduate. Do you think there is anything I need to do here again. It’s really depressing.
What form is your proof of funds, bank statement, or GIC. Did you pay school fees (since you have started classes) I have noticed they tend to take MyBankStatement version more serious these days than the normal bank printout. Are you self-sponsored or you have a sponsor.

Angelamam

Jun 14, 2021
What form is your proof of funds, bank statement, or GIC. Did you pay school fees (since you have started classes) I have noticed they tend to take MyBankStatement version more serious these days than the normal bank printout. Are you self-sponsored or you have a sponsor.
I sent a bank statement, also paid for my first semester fees. I have work experience for more than 6years, so am sponsoring myself with my husband support too. He also sent a letter to attest to this.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I sent a bank statement, also paid for my first semester fees. I have work experience for more than 6years, so am sponsoring myself with my husband support too. He also sent a letter to attest to this.
You can call again and see if the one you sent is now readable. Im not advising people to take online studies prior to AIP or SP approval. If the outcome is not what one expected then more depressed, time lost and financial resources. Letter from school may somehow speed up the process but may not impact determination.