+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hello Everyone please see my timeline below
APPLICATION TIMELINE: MAY 2021 INTAKE
Application Date – 31st January 2021 (Submitted with Upfront medical).
Medical Passed – 8th February
Received NSE Request – 26th February
Ignored NSE Request
BVL – 1st June
PPR – 1st June
Congrats and thanks immensely for the updates.

Temi V.

May 21, 2021
Good day everyone. I applied for my SP in November 2020 and I got NSE request in December. I got the required documents and submitted in January. I haven’t gotten any information but I did an upfront medical on April 22 and got a ghost update on the 29th of April. I’ve not heard from IRCC since then. I’ve seen several web forms and I have been getting auto generated messages saying the same thing. I heard about GCMS notes and did a little research on it but I want to ask for advice if it’s okay to request and it’s effect on my application. Thank you in advance for your response.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good day everyone. I applied for my SP in November 2020 and I got NSE request in December. I got the required documents and submitted in January. I haven’t gotten any information but I did an upfront medical on April 22 and got a ghost update on the 29th of April. I’ve not heard from IRCC since then. I’ve seen several web forms and I have been getting auto generated messages saying the same thing. I heard about GCMS notes and did a little research on it but I want to ask for advice if it’s okay to request and it’s effect on my application. Thank you in advance for your response.
As i look at your timeline, i think im lost somewhere when you said you applied Nov 2020 ( Last year ) but you did “UPFRONT” medical April22, ghost update April 29.. which year??

I suppose the year is 2020 after you used the word “upfront”. Now if it is 2021, there is no harm applying for the note, it wont affect your application in terms of decision.

teenie19

Mar 2, 2021
I submitted my application on the 17th of February. Did my biometrics that February but up till today, it's saying that they are yet to review my eligibility. I didn't do upfront medicals actually. What could be wrong? And what is the meaning of BVL?
hey any update?

teenie19

Mar 2, 2021
Hello everyone, I applied since Feb 11 and still nothing has moved. My most recent GCMS notes printed on May 14 revealed they haven't done anything on my file. There were no pre-assessment note or anything. Anyone in similar shoes?

Also, any suggestions on schools that offer practical nursing for jan 2022? I lost my spot with Sheridan College due to this delay...

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I applied since Feb 11 and still nothing has moved. My most recent GCMS notes printed on May 14 revealed they haven't done anything on my file. There were no pre-assessment note or anything. Anyone in similar shoes?

Also, any suggestions on schools that offer practical nursing for jan 2022? I lost my spot with Sheridan College due to this delay...
That is the story of the inconsistency of the Canadian embassy. For now, no news is good news. Just be patient and hope for the best.

Omofar

Reactions: teenie19

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hello Everyone please see my timeline below
APPLICATION TIMELINE: MAY 2021 INTAKE
Application Date – 31st January 2021 (Submitted with Upfront medical).
Medical Passed – 8th February
Received NSE Request – 26th February
Ignored NSE Request
BVL – 1st June
PPR – 1st June
Congratulations

Mary Fawole

Jun 10, 2021
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
What if I already applied before seeing this

• Haha
Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if I already applied before seeing this
Hello Mary Fawole,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this thread. All is not lost.

Pray and hope for the best. God forbid, should it not turn out well, you now have enough knowledge and resource on this thread to put in a killer application.

Wishing you the very best.

Omofar

Mary Fawole

Jun 10, 2021
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
What if I applied before seeing this