+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Demure178

Oct 10, 2019
The application number is the current one but the content of the letter refered to the outstanding as relating to my previous application. Below is the letter

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence.
You have an outstanding debt to the Crown of CAD $150.00 for previous Immigration service(s)
rendered.
Kindly contact Collection Services at 1-888-448-4426 or by email to: IRCC.FINDebtstotheCrown-
DettesalaCouronneFIN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with application number
The processing of the current application or any future applications will be on hold until the debt is
cleared.
This must be received at this office by: 2021/06/21
Then it’s the one the agent used. There was a charge back on the payment. You have to pay it though.

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hi guys, just got a medical request letter for a study permit application. What does this mean? How often are study permits rejected after passing medicals? Thanks.

Reactions: Omofar

Donaldp007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Hi guys, just got a medical request letter for a study permit application. What does this mean? How often are study permits rejected after passing medicals? Thanks.
Just thank God you finally got a medical request from ircc, that shows a good sign for your application. You don't need to ask for rejection rate after medicals.. key in your faith

Reactions: Obinnakaka

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
May 3rd. But I was just told by some people that this could be part of the Nigerian Student Express requirement since it's too close to my application date :confused:
Hello Jackie Tomson,

This may also not be the case. There has been quite a delay with the NSE stream since its introduction. From my observations, May applicants are beginning to get swift responses from IRCC.

If your study is for the Fall 2021 session, then it may be the planned swift processing of Fall 2021 applications submitted before May 15 and with the hope of being finalized by August 6, in time to resume Fall classes.

For updates on Canadian immigration pathways, follow GCMSWriters on Twitter, Instagram, and/or Telegram.

Best of Luck

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hello Jackie Tomson,

This may also not be the case. There has been quite a delay with the NSE stream since its introduction. From my observations, May applicants are beginning to get swift responses from IRCC.

If your study is for the Fall 2021 session, then it may be the planned swift processing of Fall 2021 applications submitted before May 15 and with the hope of being finalized by August 6, in time to resume Fall classes.

For updates on Canadian immigration pathways, follow GCMSWriters on Twitter, Instagram, and/or Telegram.

Best of Luck
Yes, I heard about it. That was why I hurried and submitted before May 15. But I got an NSE letter last week to provide online myBankStatment for my proof of funds since I already submitted IELTS general with the application. I complied with it before getting this medical request. Either way, am keeping my hopes up.

Dpaul4505

May 26, 2021
Hi

I’m planning to apply for a study permit, I’ve done everything needed for NSE. I scored 6.5 all through in my ielts, I’ve done my medicals on the 26th of may 2021, I got an admission with a $3,000 scholarship in university of Regina, I’ve done my police clearance also.

I have a business with my brother since 2018, a phone and gadgets store which I can provide the CAC and other docs, I can also provide a land document I got this year together with my statement of account with just about 5 million balance with a history up to a year

I’m actually working on using a sponsor’s bank account with the same surname as mine and also attach my own bank account statement.

My sister got in there this year February on a PR with her two kids. Her husband is a Canadian and I’m not planning to include this info in my application

Do you see anything wrong doing that and is there anything I need to include.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi

I’m planning to apply for a study permit, I’ve done everything needed for NSE. I scored 6.5 all through in my ielts, I’ve done my medicals on the 26th of may 2021, I got an admission with a $3,000 scholarship in university of Regina, I’ve done my police clearance also.

I have a business with my brother since 2018, a phone and gadgets store which I can provide the CAC and other docs, I can also provide a land document I got this year together with my statement of account with just about 5 million balance with a history up to a year

I’m actually working on using a sponsor’s bank account with the same surname as mine and also attach my own bank account statement.

My sister got in there this year February on a PR with her two kids. Her husband is a Canadian and I’m not planning to include this info in my application

Do you see anything wrong doing that and is there anything I need to include.
You need to be honest with full disclosure. If you intend not to include your sister, did your sister do the same? I know you are trying to avoid question of family tie in Canada but if she fell family information including you, then you should do the same…

You didnt say what program you are applying, whats your profile.. i cant comment further