Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guyss I have some couple of questions
I paid $1500 deposit fee of my school
And I got rejected twice
Are they really people that get visa with just deposit???
And some of my friends even didn’t even pay a dime and got approved

Here’s what my last rejection gcms says:
I am not Satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident,I note that : The client is Single,Mobile, is not well established and has no dependents

Now I’ve done affivadit both of my parents swearing they’re my dependents. @Omofar
Hello Fawaz123,

Two refusals?

Please reconsider something else look into Europe.

You are unlikely to get an approval, that is my honest opinion, I may be wrong.

All the best.

Omofar

Angelamam

Jun 14, 2021
You can call again and see if the one you sent is now readable. Im not advising people to take online studies prior to AIP or SP approval. If the outcome is not what one expected then more depressed, time lost and financial resources. Letter from school may somehow speed up the process but may not impact determination.
I have tried calling the Nairobi office where my application was sent to but couldn’t reach them. Is there any other number I can reach any of their offices with. I will be grateful to receive this. Thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have tried calling the Nairobi office where my application was sent to but couldn’t reach them. Is there any other number I can reach any of their offices with. I will be grateful to receive this. Thanks
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your unique situation. Even if you have their number and call them, they will not pick up. Those working within the Canadian embassy can been likened to Sloths. This is why it is your duty and responsibility to make sure the initial application is update to date as possible so you that have this back and forth.

From my own personal experiences with people's applications, the Canadian online systems operates a cueing system. Every time the embassy contacts you for one thing or the other, your application goes to the back of the line. They will continue treating the applications of others who applied after you until they get back to yours again, that is why someone who puts in a very strong application from the start and submits medicals, mybankstatement, IELTS etc, in addition to the standard requirements is likely to get approval much faster than some who wants to wait for the embassy to make the request for either of these documents.

I will honestly encourage you to get a mybankstatement token and send to the embassy and hope for the best.

Cheers.

Omofar

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your unique situation. Even if you have their number and call them, they will not pick up. Those working within the Canadian embassy can been likened to Sloths. This is why it is your duty and responsibility to make sure the initial application is update to date as possible so you that have this back and forth.

From my own personal experiences with people's applications, the Canadian online systems operates a cueing system. Every time the embassy contacts you for one thing or the other, your application goes to the back of the line. They will continue treating the applications of others who applied after you until they get back to yours again, that is why someone who puts in a very strong application from the start and submits medicals, mybankstatement, IELTS etc, in addition to the standard requirements is likely to get approval much faster than some who wants to wait for the embassy to make the request for either of these documents.

I will honestly encourage you to get a mybankstatement token and send to the embassy and hope for the best.

Cheers.

Omofar
Does mybankstatement replace the regular printed statement attached during Submission?

Larrykerry

May 26, 2021
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Hello, i am married but my husband is not financially capable of taking care of my tuition and expenses. My father has deposited 8 million naira into my account to sponsor my studies my question is, is it a red flag that my father is sponsoring my studies instead of my husband?

i hold a post gradute certificate of education. And im married with two kids. However my husband does not reside in Nigeria. He is in the UAE.

my total fee per year is 15700CAD and he was able to pay the first semester fee and accomodation totalling 11k CAD

My dad saves with a credit union and i hear credit union statements are not accepted. I am confused if i must use my father affidavit of support, or an aunty of mine who is willing.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
A
Hello, i am married but my husband is not financially capable of taking care of my tuition and expenses. My father has deposited 8 million naira into my account to sponsor my studies my question is, is it a red flag that my father is sponsoring my studies instead of my husband?

i hold a post gradute certificate of education. And im married with two kids. However my husband does not reside in Nigeria. He is in the UAE.

my total fee per year is 15700CAD and he was able to pay the first semester fee and accomodation totalling 11k CAD

My dad saves with a credit union and i hear credit union statements are not accepted. I am confused if i must use my father affidavit of support, or an aunty of mine who is willing.
Are you intend to move with your spouse and children to Canada? And what program are accepted to? I suppose 8mn naira is CAD 24k Equivalent

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No, I intend to travel alone. My total available fund showing in the bank statement is 34kCAD
You meet pof requirement. But as you just said, at your age and marital status your father sponsoring you can be red flag, so is amount deposited into your bank account as lumpsome. Your husband live and work in UAE brings social tie issue. As you dont want to disclose program of study and your background, thats a only i can comment. I know this one was directed to @Omofar he may chip in and share his input

Reactions: Omofar

Larrykerry

May 26, 2021
You meet pof requirement. But as you just said, at your age and marital status your father sponsoring you can be red flag, so is amount deposited into your bank account as lumpsome. Your husband live and work in UAE brings social tie issue. As you dont want to disclose program of study and your background, thats a only i can comment. I know this one was directed to @Omofar he may chip in and share his input
Sorry, I forgot to mention my program choice, I have been admitted to study for masters of education. yes, the money was deposited in lumpsum and a gift deed was made. I hold a Bsc in computer science and then a technical teacher post-graduate certificate of education as an information technology teacher. I have been teaching for 4 years now

Reactions: Omofar

Larrykerry

May 26, 2021
Sorry, I forgot to mention my program choice, I have been admitted to study for masters of education. yes, the money was deposited in lumpsum and a gift deed was made. I hold a Bsc in computer science and then a technical teacher post-graduate certificate of education as an information technology teacher. I have been teaching for 4 years
please, how can i reconcile the fact that my husband lives and works in the UAE, and the fact that my father is the one sponsoring me

Angelamam

Jun 14, 2021
Hi,

Cheers.

Omofar
Thank you you so much for the insight, it’s over one month I responded to their query, I don’t know if it’s still valid to send the estatement. Hope it won’t through my application further back.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Dear LarryKerry,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this thread. @Simba112 has clarified some things, I may also chip in some info as well to reinforce some of the things he said.

1.You have a lot of red flags, if you are yet to submit your apllication, I will encourage you to hold on until you sort these things out.

2. Please go to page 155 of this thread and read through the self assessment post, it will really help you.

3. Your purpose- Your purpose is clear. A masters in Education is good since you have been teaching for the past 4 years. However, given your humble income as a teacher, you will need to justify why you would make such an investment if the prospects are not so promising upon your return to Nigeria.

4. POF- This is where your major problems start. I have said it before, it's not the amount that is your account that matters, but its source. You will need to convince the VO where you got the funds from. Your Dad should write a letter of sponsorship, stating his source of funds and why he is keen on making such an investment in your studies, when he could easily have used it to start a business for you both.

5. Intention to return- You need to fix this area as well. Firstly your husband is not in Nigeria. If the VO gets wind of this, your apllication will be refused. Secondly, you plan to leave your children in Nigeria, without you and their father to be there for them. That will sound like child abandonment to the VO, they will refuse the application. On the other hand applying with all your kids could also be seen as intention to migrate.

In summary, your case is complicated, I suggest you find a reputable agent, and seek guidance on how to over come these obstacles.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Nduson

Mar 24, 2021
Hello Omofar,
They have just refused my study permit application today with the reason that i may not come back after my Studies and also that i may reaply if i feel i can respond to this concern and also can demostrate that my situation meets the requirements.please can you tell me exactly how to respond to this?i have paid the total tuition fees of 34k canadian Dollar and also 4,054 canadian dollar for Residence. pls how do i appeal this decision? Thanks and God bless you.

Donaldp007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Hello Omofar,
They have just refused my study permit application today with the reason that i may not come back after my Studies and also that i may reaply if i feel i can respond to this concern and also can demostrate that my situation meets the requirements.please can you tell me exactly how to respond to this?i have paid the total tuition fees of 34k canadian Dollar and also 4,054 canadian dollar for Residence. pls how do i appeal this decision? Thanks and God bless you.
Sorry about that when did you apply