+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

sroseok

Feb 7, 2019
Like I said in my comment you dont have to respond if you cannot meet up the unreasonable request made by the IRCC. Just wait for 30 days and they will go back to attending to your application as per normal.

What they are doing is wrong. The SDS program they do for Asian students has a different application portal dedicated to SDS (student direct stream) applications. So if an applicant wants regular application they go through the normal process and follow the rules there, if they want the SDS route they apply through that ans follow the applicable rules. But they a Nigerian applicant should not apply for the regular process and in the middle of the application request for another route and change the rules. That is unprofessional. If they want to set up the express student entry for Nigerians, a different portal should be set up when applicants interested in that route go there, apply and follow the prevailing rules there.

All the best.

Omofar
Hi Omofar
I need ur candid advice. I have gotten a study permit approved counterfoil stamp in November. I wanted to travel to Vancouver in January but there is no space for my quarantine plan till May with my university ubc. Will my study permit issue be cancelled or will I face some challenges as my permit is scheduled to expire may 8th 2022. I have been so worried. My study begin in winter term 2 January and I have paid my tuition

Reactions: Omofar

JYLcarleton

Jun 16, 2019
Hi guys. Kindly find the profile below and advise if it's fine:
Notarized Gift deed from a primary school. 30kcad
-I intend to use the money to pay first-year tuition (17kcad).
- open a GIC account with 10kcad.

In my study permit application, i intend to state that I am going to sponsor myself and thus I will have to show every necessary doc that concerns me like SOA, employment letter, pension account, payslip, etc.

I will also be providing an affidavit of support from my dad (housing property worth 15m).

My question is: as for the gift deed received from the school, the school might not provide it's SOA however they are willing to notarize the gift deed, showing the NBA seal and stamp. Also, school will provide business registration doc.

Will this fly considering the fact that the SOA might not be available?

this fine?

JYLcarleton

Jun 16, 2019
Hello, I got this mail but mine was only asking for IELTS. I advise that you should pick the closest date for IELTS and write it. That’s what I did and I submitted a few days ago.
I am so glad that I am not the only one
Gods grace!
Hi chief. You said you got the NSE and you were only asked for Ielts? Wow!! That's great. That means the doc u submitted for pof were superb. Could u kindly share the list of pof u used, as well as d amount in them... Pls assist as I'm about to apply as well...

Reactions: Ysidro

Benjena

May 28, 2019
If the account history is not up to 12months old but fund is up to 6months, do you feel it will not be eligible for NSE

Mo_steady

Dec 22, 2020
My girlfriend got accepted for a postgraduate program at mohawk college, and her visa application was submitted on OCT 1. Her biometrics and medicals have been done and submitted. Her status changed to reviewing eligibility Dec 1, and it’s been like that since. On Dec 8, she got an email from support@icent saying they recently just received her visa confirmation. Please, does anyone know what this means and why her IRCC portal has not been updated ever since

She Applied October 1st
Biometrics October 7
Medical confirmed November 25
Review of eligibility started December 1st

she got an email from the icent App saying

“Greeting from Mohawk international

We’ve recently received your visa confirmation and are excited as you begin your journey and study at Mohawk college” that’s what the first paragraph of the email says.

The subject was “Mohawk current student icent app- account created.”

We really don’t understand what this means as her school resumes on January 6th, and she’s yet to register because the IRCC portal still says “reviewing eligibility.”

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi,

My online status shows last update passed medicals Oct 29, 2020. I did my medical in Nov 2019 and reapplied for a study visa March 2020.
On Jan 1 2021, got a request to do another medicals, what does this mean?

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Hi,

My online status shows last update passed medicals Oct 29, 2020. I did my medical in Nov 2019 and reapplied for a study visa March 2020.
I think it means to do another medical as the old one has expired. I have a feeling is a positive sign though. So hurry and do it for a quick update.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Omofar
I need ur candid advice. I have gotten a study permit approved counterfoil stamp in November. I wanted to travel to Vancouver in January but there is no space for my quarantine plan till May with my university ubc. Will my study permit issue be cancelled or will I face some challenges as my permit is scheduled to expire may 8th 2022. I have been so worried. My study begin in winter term 2 January and I have paid my tuition
Congratulations on your admission to UBC and also your study permit approval. You have nothing to worry about, your permit will be valid until it expires, unless you are found committing some serious offence such are murder or terrorism.

The way I see it you have to options.

1. Wait until the May when the quarantine plan for UBC is in place to accommodate you.

2. Alternatively, you can make your own quarantine plan. Look for a hotel or Air BnB and ask if you could lodge there, as you are an international student who will be under quarantine. Quarantine is only for 10-14 days or so. I don't think you should allow that to delay your plans to move as soon as possible.

In 2021, I encourage to have faith not fear, push forward to reach your dreams and you will get there.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Pascalala

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My girlfriend got accepted for a postgraduate program at mohawk college, and her visa application was submitted on OCT 1. Her biometrics and medicals have been done and submitted. Her status changed to reviewing eligibility Dec 1, and it’s been like that since. On Dec 8, she got an email from support@icent saying they recently just received her visa confirmation. Please, does anyone know what this means and why her IRCC portal has not been updated ever since

She Applied October 1st
Biometrics October 7
Medical confirmed November 25
Review of eligibility started December 1st

she got an email from the icent App saying

“Greeting from Mohawk international

We’ve recently received your visa confirmation and are excited as you begin your journey and study at Mohawk college” that’s what the first paragraph of the email says.

The subject was “Mohawk current student icent app- account created.”

We really don’t understand what this means as her school resumes on January 6th, and she’s yet to register because the IRCC portal still says “reviewing eligibility.”
I will advise you contact the school to verify the origin of the email, be sure it is not a scam.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

The medical report only lasts for 12 months. So check your medical report, if it is now more than 12 months you will need to do it again, however, if its less than that period, then contact them through the webform and let them know you have done it already and it is still valid. you can upload the copy again.

All the best.

Omofar

JYLcarleton

Jun 16, 2019
Hi guys. Kindly find the profile below and advise if it's fine:
Notarized Gift deed from a primary school. 30kcad
-I intend to use the money to pay first-year tuition (17kcad).
- open a GIC account with 10kcad.

In my study permit application, i intend to state that I am going to sponsor myself and thus I will have to show every necessary doc that concerns me like SOA, employment letter, pension account, payslip, etc.

I will also be providing an affidavit of support from my dad (housing property worth 15m).

My question is: as for the gift deed received from the school, the school might not provide it's SOA however they are willing to notarize the gift deed, showing the NBA seal and stamp. Also, school will provide business registration doc.

Will this fly considering the fact that the SOA might not be available?

this fine?
This question is directed to our boss, omofar.
We understand how busy you are, preparing for the year...we r sorry for any inconvenience...

Mo_steady

Dec 22, 2020
I will advise you contact the school to verify the origin of the email, be sure it is not a scam.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you, but I doubt it’s a scam because the email came from ICent official contact email, and she was able to create her school's current student account through the link sent with the email. She just can’t register for her classes without a study permit visa or AIP.

Thanks

Bear42

Dec 18, 2019
Hi, I’m from Afghanistan I got accepted into dental hygiene in VIU. My visa was rejected because of 4 reasons :1-statement of purpose 2-financial problem 3-current job 4-future employment . Now I have been accepted into Algonquin college so it’s cheaper and I also can add more money into my bank account. Do you have any advice what should I do for 1,3 and 4 ?

Oyioche1

Jan 6, 2021
Good morning Omofar and other members here.
I just got my study permit application rejected yesterday. The only reason given was '' I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit''.
However, I provided enough reasons to return after my studies such as proof of marriage with wife and two children, proof of employment, landed property documents to show my strong tile to Nigeria.
Is it possible that I was rejected my course of study is a Diploma in Finance? I have a degree already. But on the other hand, they did not make reference to the course.
Please advise how to response to the rejection I am to reapply immediately.

JYLcarleton

Jun 16, 2019
Good morning Omofar and other members here.
I just got my study permit application rejected yesterday. The only reason given was '' I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit''.
However, I provided enough reasons to return after my studies such as proof of marriage with wife and two children, proof of employment, landed property documents to show my strong tile to Nigeria.
Is it possible that I was rejected my course of study is a Diploma in Finance? I have a degree already. But on the other hand, they did not make reference to the course.
Please advise how to response to the rejection I am to reapply immediately.
You have a degree already, and you going for a diploma (that's a program that's lesser to your current degree) surely it won't fly. Hence the statement "purpose of visit"... Your purpose of going to Canada to pursue a lower degree to what you already have is a reason for the denial...