+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
University of Regina
So you have two years study gap which makes you 19yrs you could say after high school you were still caught in-between what you wanted to do like find your path so after you decide to explore the fashion world if it could work for you which did not so you decided to pursue a bachelor degree in biology because you had passion for it and also state why you do....hope this helps.

SophieD

Nov 29, 2018
Lagos
To the glory of God, another success story. Tourist visa approval for family of 5.. Wohoooooooo..

Online Submission: March 19
Biometrics Request Letter: March 20

Biometrics Confirmation Correspondence Letter: April 10
Original Passport Request Letter: April 1
Visa Stamped: Awaiting
Vacation Date: September 2019

Let us hear your own positive stories.

All the best!

Omofar

SophieD

Nov 29, 2018
Lagos
Congratulations to them.

I have read your comments and think my major issue will be proof of fund as I currently have less than 3m in my account.

Can I PM you on visitor visa request for me alone or Hubby and I?

Reactions: Omofar

Stunna12345

Oct 1, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Hi
I was denied in October. But I waited for my notes which took a long time as I just got them last week.

Got my ATIP notes and it stated

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicants incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to home country. The applicants plan of studies appears vague and poorly documented. According to the applicants current or future employment prospects, I have accorded less weight to their employment ties to their home of residence. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for the stay.

I have a B.Sc in computer science in Nigeria going for a Graduate diploma in Information security at Concordia university of Edmonton.
Bio

22 years old male. Working about a year as a Software Developer.
I showed enough financial support of about $50000
Employment letter. Even added screenshots of posted ads for a vacant roles of cyber security official to show prospective employment.

please what can I do? Date of resumption is already past and I have to reapply to the school to get a new admission letter but my deposit is still with the school. I was wondering if I can do a reconsideration of the application or just reapply for the study permit afresh. Thanks

Happiluv

Dec 4, 2019
Hi
I was denied in October. But I waited for my notes which took a long time as I just got them last week.

Got my ATIP notes and it stated

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicants incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to home country. The applicants plan of studies appears vague and poorly documented. According to the applicants current or future employment prospects, I have accorded less weight to their employment ties to their home of residence. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for the stay.

I have a B.Sc in computer science in Nigeria going for a Graduate diploma in Information security at Concordia university of Edmonton.
Bio

22 years old male. Working about a year as a Software Developer.
I showed enough financial support of about $50000
Employment letter. Even added screenshots of posted ads for a vacant roles of cyber security official to show prospective employment.

please what can I do? Date of resumption is already past and I have to reapply to the school to get a new admission letter but my deposit is still with the school. I was wondering if I can do a reconsideration of the application or just reapply for the study permit afresh. Thanks
Hi
Apart from the notes, what was the summary of the denial letter sent to u?

Stunna12345

Oct 1, 2019
Hi
Apart from the notes, what was the summary of the denial letter sent to u?

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Aitar

Jan 15, 2020
M I allowed to use a company's statement of account
And also they asked for national id the one available with me is just the print out slip can I use that one

Happiluv

Dec 4, 2019
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Hi,

The major reason for ur denial is employment history and family ties...

1) U need is a strong SOP and LOE to address these concerns: Purpose of visit & Employment history.

2) Attach property documents of ur Sponsor, mentioning them in d sop & loe to address ties in ur country.

3) Make a research on how to address ur employment situation

Good luck!

Last edited:

Stunna12345

Oct 1, 2019
Hi,

The major reason for ur denial is employment history.

1) U need is a strong SOP and LOE to address these concerns: Purpose of visit & Employment history.

2) Attach property documents of ur Sponsor, mentioning them in d sop & loe

Good luck!
What’s the difference between Sop and LOE?

Stunna12345

Oct 1, 2019
Hi,

The major reason for ur denial is employment history and family ties...

2) Attach property documents of ur Sponsor, mentioning them in d sop & loe

Good luck!
Can you assist with a copy of both so I can see where I lapsed. I used an agent the first time and I ended regretting.
I attached property documents of sponsors as well.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
What’s the difference between Sop and LOE?
It's the same only that sop is more geared to first time applicants who wants to explain all to visa officer and loe is for second applicants who wants to address the vo concerns for denial reasons but no matter what title you put on it sop or loe vo still considers it the same

Stunna12345

Oct 1, 2019
It's the same only that sop is more geared to first time applicants who wants to explain all to visa officer and loe is for second applicants who wants to address the vo concerns for denial reasons but no matter what title you put on it sop or loe vo still considers it the same
Thank you for that. Would it make sense to add the 2? I’ll amend my SOP.
I also read online that submitting paper application in Nigeria is better than online? Is that true? Did you submit yours online or In person?

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Thank you for that. Would it make sense to add the 2? I’ll amend my SOP.
I also read online that submitting paper application in Nigeria is better than online? Is that true? Did you submit yours online or In person?
You can just compile both into 1 like I did first was paper application got denied I plan on doing the second online but it's the same thing