+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Stunna12345

Oct 1, 2019
You can just compile both into 1 like I did first was paper application got denied I plan on doing the second online but it's the same thing
Thanks. This has been helpful.

Do you have an idea how to tackle this

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicants incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to home country.

I don’t have a car or house or family yet. Just my family and I proved all that with a family picture and birth certificate also a letter of sponsorship from my dad

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicants incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to home country.

I don’t have a car or house or family yet. Just my family and I proved all that with a family picture and birth certificate also a letter of sponsorship from my dad
Mine was based on purpose of visit are you going for an undergraduate degree

Hissue97

Jul 1, 2019
Hi
I was denied in October. But I waited for my notes which took a long time as I just got them last week.

Got my ATIP notes and it stated

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicants incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to home country. The applicants plan of studies appears vague and poorly documented. According to the applicants current or future employment prospects, I have accorded less weight to their employment ties to their home of residence. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for the stay.

I have a B.Sc in computer science in Nigeria going for a Graduate diploma in Information security at Concordia university of Edmonton.
Bio

22 years old male. Working about a year as a Software Developer.
I showed enough financial support of about $50000
Employment letter. Even added screenshots of posted ads for a vacant roles of cyber security official to show prospective employment.

please what can I do? Date of resumption is already past and I have to reapply to the school to get a new admission letter but my deposit is still with the school. I was wondering if I can do a reconsideration of the application or just reapply for the study permit afresh. Thanks
I think the problem here is you didn't prove the relevance of the diploma you want to get after you already have a degree which is higher than a diploma... You have to prove the diploma would be needed to pursue your career back in Nigeria

Stunna12345

Oct 1, 2019
W
I think the problem here is you didn't prove the relevance of the diploma you want to get after you already have a degree which is higher than a diploma... You have to prove the diploma would be needed to pursue your career back in Nigeria
I thought a graduate diploma is higher than an undergraduate degree. I applied for that cuz I was scared I might not meet up with the requirements of masters degree as I had a 3.2cgpa.

Hissue97

Jul 1, 2019
Thank you for that. Would it make sense to add the 2? I’ll amend my SOP.
I also read online that submitting paper application in Nigeria is better than online? Is that true? Did you submit yours online or In person?

I'll advice concerning your SOP give as much details as you can, no page is too much for an SOP some people would say two pages 5 lines and co, I believe all those that assume that are agents and have lots of work in front of them, the V.Os wants yo be convinced, don't just say it prove it with documents, if you say you went to primary school prove it, if you were say you went to computer school show the certificate...Family ties cannot be proven that much only if you have a DNA test showing the owner of this property is your dad, but what they want is to show you'll be coming back, show you have employment opportunity waiting for you, state that at the end of your study you will come back to your family in Nigeria cos you don't have ties in Canada, show you have to come back to Nigeria for your NYSC service.. Just convince them you're coming back.. And I pray you get accepted

Hissue97

Jul 1, 2019
W

I thought a graduate diploma is higher than an undergraduate degree. I applied for that cuz I was scared I might not meet up with the requirements of masters degree as I had a 3.2cgpa.
Graduate diploma is not higher than digree, its like doing HND and wanting to have a degree equivalence in Nigeria by doing Post graduate diploma... You have to convince them you really need it, some people have Masters and apply for diploma and gets accepted provides they explain the relevance of the study to their career

Hissue97

Jul 1, 2019

This is saying the probability of you staying back is higher than you going to your country, Maybe because you have a family tie in Canada or you didn't prove beyond doubt that you'll be coming back to Nigeria

Joeblaze

Jan 20, 2020
Hi, pls I did my biometric last year Nov 16 which what for study permit ( University of Regina) and I av not done any medical report, pls help my first time of applying

Joeblaze

Jan 20, 2020
Hi ,pls if ur application has reached 4wks after biometric and there is no information from about vfs ( medical report) ,it my first time of applying and I have already paid my first semester fees