+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Musky

Jun 13, 2019
Please i have done by biometrics for 2 weeks now but the VFS refused to accept my SOP as accompanying documents for my visa processing...please can i send the SOP online?

Musky

Jun 13, 2019
To the glory of God, another success story.

Online Submission: Feb 28, 2019
Biometrics Request Letter: March 1

Biometrics Confirmation Correspondence Letter: April 3
Original Passport Request Letter: April 3
Visa Stamped: Awaiting
Resumption: May 1st 2019

Let us hear your own positive stories.

All the best!

Omofar
Congratulaations to you

Please i will like to askbif you SOP was taking from you at the VSF office or how did you send your SOP???

Please i will aporeciate your response

babsin02

Jun 3, 2019
LANDED..........
11-05-2023
Hi everyone, please I would like to know if I can do my medicals for my study permit application upfront. I've already done my biometrics and I would like to know if I can do my medicals to speed up time.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, please I would like to know if I can do my medicals for my study permit application upfront. I've already done my biometrics and I would like to know if I can do my medicals to speed up time.
Hello Babsin02,

Based on your commentary, it is too late to do the medicals upfront, I suggest you wait for the embassy's instruction

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: babsin02

Osasstudy

Jun 13, 2019
Please can somebody help me with Canada approved translation agent in Nigeria. I urgently need to translate my documents from Italy to English

Korede felix

Jun 18, 2019
Hi guys, I'm new here pleased to meet you, I'm a student permit applicant I went for submission of my passport on 1st of April ever since I haven't gotten any email or SMS about collection of my passport, when I tracked my application myself it shown "No records found" does anyone has the same issue or better still can anyone engliten me about the meaning of that status because I'm actually stranded Thanks in advance

Jun 18, 2019
Thank you for your assistance. I'm About to Apply for Business Administration Diploma program, I would like to know if I must write an English Proficiency Test. I'm from Nigeria and I finished my Secondary education in the year 2011, I have my Waec and Gce Certificates issued by the examination body..must I write an English proficiency test?

Jun 18, 2019
Hello Omofar
I finished my Secondary school 2011 afterwhich I went for Bsc in Economics at the Republic of Benin, got my certificate and transcripts translated..now I want to apply for january 2020 diploma program..1. Is it Compulsory I sit for an English Proficiency test? 2. Is it Advisable I pay only my International Student Deposit and then show proof of funds for 1year tuition fee + addition 10,000cad which is like #7m. What are my chances of getting an approved Visa for january 2020?
God Bless you
Abolaji

Amaka12

Jun 18, 2019
Hello worshipper,

Thanks for your post. However, I find your story quite far-fetched.

Are you talking about a Canadian Institution that is a DLI that refuses to refund all your money after you have proved that your visa was refused? I have been in this business since 2013, never have I had trouble withdrawing funds from a Canadian DLI on grounds of visa refusal. I know they will charge about $200CAD admin fee for the refund but that is already stated within the withdrawal policy. In fact most withdrawal policies are such that when a student has even gotten their permits, and are in Canada already and have only attended lectures for a specified period of time and then decide to quit the program, they are entitled to get their full refund. So name the school here, I will investigate why... I will rather pay money to a Canadian DLI and go to sleep than borrow my neighbor money. The reason is simple. I am 100% certain that I will get the refund back!

For others reading this, the Canadian study permit approval rates for Nigerians as at 2017 is less than 15%, by now it will be about 10%, 2018 report is not yet out. What is the implication of this, it means if 1,000 people apply for study permits from Nigeria only 100 will get their visas approved. This means you must do everything necessary to convince the VO of 3 basic things

1. Clear purpose of visit- Study via your LOA

2. Ability to Fund item (1)- Best you pay at least a semester, if you were working with me, I would demand you pay for a year, or else I would not touch your application. Even this is not a Guarantee, but its better than not paying at all.

3. Intention to return to home country after studies- This is the trickiest part of any Canadian study permit.

Many people do not actually have the funds, they just get a third party to put money in their accounts for them to present to the VO, well the embassy is very aware of this fact, and unless your parents are well known multimillionaires, just showing bank statement in an account will not convince the VO that the funds are actually at your disposal when it is time to put in the application. Please note that one of the major reasons it takes forever to get your study permit decision is the amount of investigation the VO is doing on your application and documents submitted, as well as background checks on source of income.

In the end its your choice, if you choose, pay your tuition, if you like don't pay, wetin your see, na you know.

Cheers

Omofar
Thanks for your help here. I will like a little clarification.
1.Please can you suggest example of strong proof of return after study.
2. The document a sponsor should summit
3. How the letter should start?
Thanks

Amaka12

Jun 18, 2019
Hello Brian,

I am really sorry to hear about your current predicament. I hate it when the Canadian embassy does that. In my experience, when it takes this long for them to get back to you, it is not a good sign, please prepare your mind. But God can still do it for you. It is possible that your application did not demonstrate a strong intention to return to Nigeria upon completion of your studies, it could also be that your friend has a strong travel history and you don't have one, it could also be that they feel your sponsor's finances are not strong enough. It could be anything honestly.

So keep hoping for the best and let me what the outcome is when you eventually get it.

All the best.

Cheers

Omofar
Please give example of strong intention to return to Nigeria after studies. Thanks.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar
I finished my Secondary school 2011 afterwhich I went for Bsc in Economics at the Republic of Benin, got my certificate and transcripts translated..now I want to apply for january 2020 diploma program..1. Is it Compulsory I sit for an English Proficiency test? 2. Is it Advisable I pay only my International Student Deposit and then show proof of funds for 1year tuition fee + addition 10,000cad which is like #7m. What are my chances of getting an approved Visa for january 2020?
God Bless you
Abolaji
Hi Abolajiolayanju,

Your plan is not tight. You should not be going for a 'Diploma' rather you should be going for a 'post graduate diploma' they are two different things. Also your last qualification was more than 5 years ago, I am not sure you will find any school that will offer you admission into their program. English proficiency is not usually required for Nigerian students, but since you studies in Benin republic, they may ask you for one. Based on face value, I cannot make any assessment since I do not have enough information, what have you been doing since you graduated, have you been working, how old are you, have you ever traveled out of the country before, what is the net worth of your parents or sponsors, many things to consider. But honestly it is not looking good as it stands.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please give example of strong intention to return to Nigeria after studies. Thanks.
Hello Amaka12,

You are the one that can really determine a strong intention to return to Nigeria. Maybe your parents have a company you will be coming back to take over and inherit, or maybe they will give you enough money to start up your business, maybe you have a job offer waiting for you upon your return, it depends.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Amaka12
Jun 18, 2019
Hi Abolajiolayanju,

Your plan is not tight. You should not be going for a 'Diploma' rather you should be going for a 'post graduate diploma' they are two different things. Also your last qualification was more than 5 years ago, I am not sure you will find any school that will offer you admission into their program. English proficiency is not usually required for Nigerian students, but since you studies in Benin republic, they may ask you for one. Based on face value, I cannot make any assessment since I do not have enough information, what have you been doing since you graduated, have you been working, how old are you, have you ever traveled out of the country before, what is the net worth of your parents or sponsors, many things to consider. But honestly it is not looking good as it stands.

All the best.

Omofar
I'll be 24 by September, Since I Had my Bsc Degree in 2014..I did my NYSC from 2015 to 2016...since then I've been working as an Assistant Store Manager, my Sponsors are my Mother(A Police Inspector earning #200,000 monthly) and my Uncle(Owns a Big Primary and a Secondary School Registered by the Government) Besides will I need to evaluate my certificates?....Thanks for these Information Sir

Jun 18, 2019
Hi Abolajiolayanju,

All the best.

Omofar
I'll be 24 by September, Since I Had my Bsc Degree in 2014..I did my NYSC from 2015 to 2016...since then I've been working as an Assistant Store Manager, my Sponsors are my Mother(A Police Inspector earning #200,000 monthly) and my Uncle(Owns a Big Primary and a Secondary School Registered by the Government) Besides will I need to evaluate my certificates with wes?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings!

To the glory of God, another success story. This one was a big testimony, the original application was initially rejected on the 13th of May for some flimsy excuses. We responded to it and here we are..

Online Submission: May 15, 2019
Biometrics Request Letter: N/A re-application
Biometrics Confirmation Correspondence Letter: N/A re-application
Original Passport Request Letter: June 19

Visa Stamped: Awaiting
Resumption: Sept 1st 2019

Let us hear your own positive stories.

All the best!

Omofar