+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I have been refused study permit, I just discovered this forum and wish it was before my application.
Any ways ground of refusal are:
Purpose of visit
Travelling history
Proof of fund
I wish to request for CAIPS but there is this time factor. My acceptance letter will expire 3rd Sept.
I am 38, holds B.Sc (Ed) in Computer Science, About completing M.Sc. (Ed) in Computer Science and have been offered admission on Graphic Communications and Technology Management, Diploma program, full time for 2 years. I need your advice please.
Sorry please can you post the exact sentence they used in refusing you

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Why are you studying diploma program when you have Masters in Computer Science at 38 years old? That's what IRCC thinking. Try to justify best as possible. I recommend go for PHD or at least post graduation diploma in specialized field.
Wow that's a very good observation that's probably the major reason

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello Brian Prince,

Sorry to hear about your situation. You should have first obtained your permit before asking your mother to put in her permit as well.

Secondly find out if the agent signified on the online application if he was applying on your behalf, if he said no, then there is no reasonable way to present deniability. Finally, you can write a letter explaining all these, and hopefully they will be kind enough to do so. In the case of the client I was assisting, they did not believe it was not deliberate and they refused the application and banned her for 2 years. I felt so bad.

I am sorry I don't have more encouraging news for you.

All the best.

Omofar
He didn't signify that he was applying on our behalf we've already replied them

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just pray we all get our visas, i have been a ghost reader but i decided to ask today. i applied may 24th and i did bio-metrics by 27. am from Nigeria, 21 years, just finished nysc, working in a company with base salary of 80k and applied using my father as sponsor, applied for post grad cert in Gis at fanshawe and i studied geology, already paid first semester tuition, and the account my father budgeted for my tuition has 6m inside that is second semester tuition plus cost of living, flight ticket too and extra 8 hundred k, i made sure he put in the sponsor letter that he will make sure i return to Nigeria to take care of asset which we attached all the documents and family which i also did on my SOP. the issue is that i wrote on my sop that i will return back to Nigeria to continue working and also set up side company so as to develop nigeria blah blah stuff but i didn't attach my employment letter and study leave from company. will i have a problem?
Hello vesment,

Thanks for visiting this thread. I think you are on the right track. If you put your application properly, I strongly believe you will get your permit.

Let's know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning, I'm a Nigerian applied for study permit on the 5th of march got my passport yesterday,the letter attached to the passport didn't carry refusal anf a reason.The letter said "final decision is not received"
Please what's does mean.
Hello Theodoreegbreghe,

Thanks for visiting this thread.

This is a new one. The Canadian embassy are always showing us new things every time. I have no clue. Send them an email to follow-up.

All the best.

Omofar

Lolade._

Mar 27, 2019
Hey everyone, I am 19 years old applying for Canada study permit for fall 2019. I got admitted for computer science at memorial university of newfoundland. I don't have any travel history or relatives in Canada. This would be my second time applying this year. The first one was denied based on
1. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds , including income or assets, to carry out your state's purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

I had 3 years gap after leaving secondary school but it was explained in my LoE and I put my parents and brother as my sponsor but I forgot to add statement of support from my brother. My parents had N5million and my brother had $6000 in his account. Also then I hadn't been rejected visa but now I tried applying for USA visa and got denied. Please how do I address this issue and prove I have no intention of staying behind.

Osasstudy

Jun 13, 2019
Sorry please can you post the exact sentence they used in refusing you
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of IRPR, base on your traveling history.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of IRPR, base on your personal assets and financial status .

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hey please I need help as I said earlier on this thread I was rejected after 1 year and 1 day's worth of waiting
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
I ordered gcms notes 21 days ago, I wanted to read them before reapplying but I don't know if its worth the wait as I want to resume in September and every passing day delays time.
My question is this is the gcms note worth waiting for and can someone please send me gcms notes so I can have an idea of the information contained in it as I have never ordered one before and I am not sure if I might understand it
Lastly could there be any delay in getting the gcms notes (should I be 100% sure that I'll get them on or before the 30th day)

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey please I need help as I said earlier on this thread I was rejected after 1 year and 1 day's worth of waiting
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
I ordered gcms notes 21 days ago, I wanted to read them before reapplying but I don't know if its worth the wait as I want to resume in September and every passing day delays time.
My question is this is the gcms note worth waiting for and can someone please send me gcms notes so I can have an idea of the information contained in it as I have never ordered one before and I am not sure if I might understand it
Lastly could there be any delay in getting the gcms notes (should I be 100% sure that I'll get them on or before the 30th day)
Dear Brian prince,

I am sorry to hear about this news of your refusal after waiting for so long. I know how you feel, but you need to try to calm down and control those feelings. I get a strong sense of desperation, and if the VO gets wind of this, they are likely to turn down your application again.

Firstly, you application failed on all counts that are required to be met before your application can be approved. For whatever reason the VO felt you were not clear on purpose of travel, and that your finances were not convincing enough to demonstrate that you could sustain yourself in Canada. So it is important that you wait for the gcms notes, it is important that you critically and objectively appraise your ability to pursue this venture, or else you will apply again and get the same results.

Finally, it will be unproductive if some else sends you their own gcms notes. Imagine you go to the hospital, and because you want to leave the place quickly, you want the doctor to give you the results of another person's blood test. That cannot help you, because each person's blood test result will be different, same as the gcms notes. You need the one that is for your specific application. If I send you one that I have, how do you know if you have the same problem with the person, how do you know if its the same VO that treated both applications, how do you even know if both applications were treated at the same location.Too many variables to consider here.

Please calm down, wait for the gcms notes, when they come, study them, address the issues raised and re-apply.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: FNO

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Dear Brian prince,

I am sorry to hear about this news of your refusal after waiting for so long. I know how you feel, but you need to try to calm down and control those feelings. I get a strong sense of desperation, and if the VO gets wind of this, they are likely to turn down your application again.

Firstly, you application failed on all counts that are required to be met before your application can be approved. For whatever reason the VO felt you were not clear on purpose of travel, and that your finances were not convincing enough to demonstrate that you could sustain yourself in Canada. So it is important that you wait for the gcms notes, it is important that you critically and objectively appraise your ability to pursue this venture, or else you will apply again and get the same results.

Finally, it will be unproductive if some else sends you their own gcms notes. Imagine you go to the hospital, and because you want to leave the place quickly, you want the doctor to give you the results of another person's blood test. That cannot help you, because each person's blood test result will be different, same as the gcms notes. You need the one that is for your specific application. If I send you one that I have, how do you know if you have the same problem with the person, how do you know if its the same VO that treated both applications, how do you even know if both applications were treated at the same location.Too many variables to consider here.

Please calm down, wait for the gcms notes, when they come, study them, address the issues raised and re-apply.

All the best.

Omofar
The reason why I asked for another persons gcms notes was because I wanted to have an idea of what is contained in gcms notes not that I wanted to act on what was written in it
2ndly travel history wasn't part of the reasons for my rejection it was about purpose of visit and personal assets/financial status

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
The reason why I asked for another persons gcms notes was because I wanted to have an idea of what is contained in gcms notes not that I wanted to act on what was written in it
2ndly travel history wasn't part of the reasons for my rejection it was about purpose of visit and personal assets/financial status
I'll wait for the gcms notes thank you I just don't want to wait too long

May 14, 2019
He didn’t say you were refused based on your travel history, he said purpose of travel which is the same as purpose of visit.
Your GCMS note will tell you the heart of the VO. More explanation on the generic reasons stated in your refusal letter. So hang in there, your note will come soon and your reapplication will end in praise IJN.

Reactions: Omofar

JYLcarleton

Jun 16, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Hi, my name is Joseph. I am 27 years, have my B tech in Civil Engineering. I wanna apply for an M.Eng course based program in civil engineering at a Canada school. My GPA is 3.17 on a 4 point scale. Please what are my chances.

Musky

Jun 13, 2019
I applied for student visa online and have equally done my biometrics. However, my SOP was not accepted at the visa application centre but my other documents where accepted.

Please can i send a mail online to the canadian embassy and attach the SOP?