+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

abee007

May 1, 2019
Thank you for your assistance. I'm About to Apply for Business Administration Diploma program, I would like to know if I must write an English Proficiency Test. I'm from Nigeria and I finished my Secondary education in the year 2011, I have my Waec and Gce Certificates issued by the examination body..must I write an English proficiency test?
yes its better to write the test. It adds more value to your application.

Jun 19, 2019
I'm a medical student, still in my preclinicals, I'm hoping to go to Canada to continue my clinicals latest by next year September, what can I do to achieve this?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a medical student, still in my preclinicals, I'm hoping to go to Canada to continue my clinicals latest by next year September, what can I do to achieve this?
Hi Oluwatosin Adekanle,

You will need to do more personal research on studying medicine in North America is like. What you desire to do is IMPOSSIBLE.

Cheers

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings Dear Friends,

I may be able to advise or offer suggestions before you put in your application, but once your application has been rejected, it becomes 10x much harder to just offer advise over a plat like this without getting involved personally, which I may not be willing to get into because it takes a lot of time. You are better off coming to this thread, getting info and advise before putting in your application.

All the best.

Omofar

Jun 19, 2019
Hi Oluwatosin Adekanle,

You will need to do more personal research on studying medicine in North America is like. What you desire to do is IMPOSSIBLE.

Cheers

Omofar

Hi omofar
Thanks for your reply
I'd also like to ask
Asides just moving there for the whole clinical session
Can I just go over there for some postings
Some international students are able to come to Nigeria to do some postings in Nigerian teaching hospitals before going back
Is this possible in Canada?

abee007

May 1, 2019
Hi, you need to find out from your school if you are allowed to do your rotations in canada before doing anything else. And i know some schools help with rotations over there. It all depends on your school and what they accept.

Wineth02

Jun 19, 2019
Hello house, pls I need an explanation. I submitted my application on 16th of May for student visa, I received BVL on 14thof June this year no upfront medical and medical request wasn't sent to me, today I received an email that, my process passport is ready for collection. Paper route, please can anyone explain to me the outcome pls.

Omofar pls attend to my question. Am new here

Last edited:

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi omofar
Thanks for your reply
I'd also like to ask
Asides just moving there for the whole clinical session
Can I just go over there for some postings
Some international students are able to come to Nigeria to do some postings in Nigerian teaching hospitals before going back
Is this possible in Canada?
Unfortunately, this is not possible.. Developed countries are extremely protective of the medical industry, it is highly regulated. So some random students from some random countries cannot just come and start interfacing with patients, its a no-no...Even landed immigrants who are already qualified doctors in Nigeria, have to pass some certain exams before they can be allowed to practice. Even after passing such exams, they still have to prove that they really know their stuff because they were not trained in Canada. So its just impossible. Please consider something else.

Cheers.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings omofar,
But how i can i get denied for tuition fees when i paid all in full
Hello Romeo34,

I am sorry to hear that your application was refused. The best answer to the question is to order the GCMS notes. Furthermore, finances is not the only thing the VO will use in coming to a final decision.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, you need to find out from your school if you are allowed to do your rotations in canada before doing anything else. And i know some schools help with rotations over there. It all depends on your school and what they accept.
Sorry to butt in.. Its not possible..

Nigerian universities do not have such high level expertise as to negotiate such collaborative efforts, besides the difference between our educational system and that of the Canadian is totally night and day.. What we call *Clinicals* is what the Canadian call Medical School. It is at post graduate level, Everyone in medical school in Canada already has a first degree, some masters, some PhD. So there is no way they will bring an undergraduate from a Nigerian university to do rotations in Canada, it is just impossible.. Even UK and Europe that has comparable educational standards will not accept Nigerian students to come into the NHS clinics and start interfacing with patients.. The standards are different, the culture and way of interacting with patients is different, there is just no way it is happening. Please you need to be realistic in your expectations. That is why I said you need to go and do some personal research and see why what you are proposing IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Cheers

Last edited:

Romeo34

Jun 2, 2019
Hello Romeo34,

I am sorry to hear that your application was refused. The best answer to the question is to order the GCMS notes. Furthermore, finances is not the only thing the VO will use in coming to a final decision.

All the best.

Omofar
Sir, it was based on only finance ..i paid my sch fees for the whole year, 10 Cad for my expenses.. i don't still understand why they still told me this
Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir, it was based on only finance ..i paid my sch fees for the whole year, 10 Cad for my expenses.. i don't still understand why they still told me this
Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada
I feel your pain, but that is what we go through as Nigerians.. Embassies and VOs can do as they please without recourse to anyone. I will say order for the GCMS notes.. There is nothing you can do by continuing to complain about it here, it won't change much. Just order the notes, study the rationale behind the VOs decision, and then do a rebuttal. Hopefully that will get the decision over turned.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar

Ayeni babajide

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Goodmorning Omofar. Please I sent a web form to ircc and they replied back telling me my file is being processed in the nrobi office. So I went ahead to message the Nairobi office and they replied that they are having technical hitches and are working on their system. My issue is it's been more than 14 weeks still no medical request or anything only a biometrics validity letter that they sent last month

KateBen

Jun 20, 2019
Hello Omofar!
Pls kindly help me with some advice here.
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
Thank you.