+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Romeo34

Jun 2, 2019
I feel your pain, but that is what we go through as Nigerians.. Embassies and VOs can do as they please without recourse to anyone. I will say order for the GCMS notes.. There is nothing you can do by continuing to complain about it here, it won't change much. Just order the notes, study the rationale behind the VOs decision, and then do a rebuttal. Hopefully that will get the decision over turned.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar
Thank you Sir, I'm about to make and appeal through an immigration lawyer

Reactions: Omofar

longw

Jun 18, 2019
Please is it possible to do Medical Upfront for student visa before submitting the student Visa application?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings!

To the glory of God, another success story!

Online Submission: May 16, 2019
Biometrics Request Letter: May 17, 2019
Correspondence Letter: June 21
Original Passport Request Letter: June 21

Visa Stamped: Awaiting
Resumption: Sept 1st 2019

Let us hear your own positive stories.

All the best!

Omofar

Richy2

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Greetings!

To the glory of God, another success story!

Online Submission: May 16, 2019
Biometrics Request Letter: May 17, 2019
Correspondence Letter: June 21
Original Passport Request Letter: June 21

Visa Stamped: Awaiting
Resumption: Sept 1st 2019

Let us hear your own positive stories.

All the best!

Omofar
Got correspondence letter today too. I applied offline on 17th may with biometric taken the same day. Waiting for decision.

longw

Jun 18, 2019
Yes please. You can add it to your application and submit
Thank you!

Please I need another clarification, my mum bears another surname apart from my Dad's name and also on my birth certificate and my siblings birth certificate her surname the same as my current surname but different from her own surname that she uses presently

How can I reconcile this? Please note that her present surname is another name of my Dad's father

Richy2

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Thank you!

Please I need another clarification, my mum bears another surname apart from my Dad's name and also on my birth certificate and my siblings birth certificate her surname the same as my current surname but different from her own surname that she uses presently

How can I reconcile this? Please note that her present surname is another name of my Dad's father
I seriously don't understand what you are talking about. Kindly break it down

longw

Jun 18, 2019
I seriously don't understand what you are talking about. Kindly break it down
For instance, My Surname is Adams which is also my Dad's name but the surname my Mum uses for her official documents is James which is also one of my Dad's surname

But on my Birth Certificate and my Siblings birth certificate, The Name of the mother there bears Adams as the surname of my mother which could also raise a concern to the VO, how do i tackle this

Also in applying for this study permit one of the document I need to submit is evidence of business registration done by me and my Mum and but I mainly own the business because I use it to get Projects which will be use as part of my funding for schooling in Canads, Now I need to convince the VO that the co-owner of the business registration is my Mum and not a stranger

I hope this explains clearly

coajnr19

Jun 21, 2019
Hello everyone. I just received a study permit refusal letter from Canadian embassy. The reasons for my refusal are Travel history, Family ties and Purpose of visit.

Any solution(s) pls. I would appreciate it. I’m morally down

Ademutiu123

Jun 22, 2019
Good morning and thanks for helping, pls I was refused a study permit because of two reasons.
1. based on travelling history and
2. based on purpose of my visit though I have being given addmision and I sent my admission letter together with other documents but still I was denied. what do you advice?

Debrahbabs

Jun 20, 2019
Hello Omofar,

I am very new on this forum and I wish I had seen your thread/post before I applied last month. I received a decision letter this week, refusing my visa application. The underlisted were stated on my final Visa decision letter:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I would like to know if a personal statement of purpose and a study leave letter from my present employer will satisfy the first and second visa denial reasons respectively. (OR YOU CAN ADVISE ME ON IT)

On the third reason, the total funds in my personal bank account statement and my sponsor's (Spouse) bank account statement uploaded on my application is NGN13,000,000. By estimate, based on the information from my school of choice, the sum is sufficient as tuition and funds available for my stay at Canada.

The school resumes this Sept, 2019 and I intend to reapply as soon as possible. CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE ME ON HOW EARLY I CAN REAPPLY AND WHAT I CAN DO TO SATISFY THESE DENIAL GROUNDS.

Thank you.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. I just received a study permit refusal letter from Canadian embassy. The reasons for my refusal are Travel history, Family ties and Purpose of visit.

Any solution(s) pls. I would appreciate it. I’m morally down
Hello Coajnr19,

I am sorry to hear about the refusal you received from the embassy. Please try to order for your GCMS notes, to study the rationale for the refusal, perhaps you will be able to address it properly on your next application.

I sincerely wish you the very best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning and thanks for helping, pls I was refused a study permit because of two reasons.
1. based on travelling history and
2. based on purpose of my visit though I have being given addmision and I sent my admission letter together with other documents but still I was denied. what do you advice?
Hello Ademutiu123,

I hope well. I am sorry to hear about the refusal of your application. However, you need to critically review your position if you meet the minimum requirement for getting a Canadian Study Permit approved. The embassy expects you to exceed the minimum requirements, that is show beyond reasonable doubt that you are capable successfully sponsoring yourself to Canada, and have a strong intention to return to your home country. Please order the GCMS notes and study the reasons for the denial. Then address the issues raised and re-apply.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar