+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Romeo34

Jun 2, 2019
Dear omofar,
I'm about reapplying , but my police certificate validity is for 3 months which is abt to end... is it possible to still use it or i should just get another one .

KateBen

Jun 20, 2019
Hello KateBen,

Thanks for visiting this thread. I am sorry that I am just responding to your query, I must have missed it.

It is unfortunate that your application for study permit was refused. I will strongly suggest you apply for the caips/gcms notes, study the rationale given by the VO for refusing your application, address the issues raised then re-apply. I wish all the best.

Omofar
Thank you so much.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear omofar,
I'm about reapplying , but my police certificate validity is for 3 months which is abt to end... is it possible to still use it or i should just get another one .
Hi Romeo34,

Hope well. If you submit before 3 months date, I think you are fine. However, if not then I would suggest you apply for another one. All the best on your re-application.

Omofar

Romeo34

Jun 2, 2019
Hi Romeo34,

Hope well. If you submit before 3 months date, I think you are fine. However, if not then I would suggest you apply for another one. All the best on your re-application.

Omofar
It expires july 3rd and I intend to apply this week.. do i need to still get another one

Gentlepal

Feb 21, 2019
Good day, Pls can someone who is 35 years go for a post degree diploma or certificate in Canada. Please what are the things needed to apply for student visa from Nigeria. Also do i have to include my marriage certificate when applying. Please Omofar advice. Thanks

easy4kay

Mar 9, 2019
I guess so I applied online through agent . I ask the agent he said they have updated medical pass on the first application so they won't update that again. Is there anyone that have applied for the second time?
i think when you submit upfront medical (online app) you don't get anything like pass. you will only see (You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes) well am not an agent or professional in V. processing but a guru in I.T who dig deep for info.

easy4kay

Mar 9, 2019
Greetings!

To the glory of God, another success story. This one was a big testimony, the original application was initially rejected on the 13th of May for some flimsy excuses. We responded to it and here we are..

Online Submission: May 15, 2019
Biometrics Request Letter: N/A re-application
Biometrics Confirmation Correspondence Letter: N/A re-application
Original Passport Request Letter: June 19

Visa Stamped: Awaiting
Resumption: Sept 1st 2019

Let us hear your own positive stories.

All the best!

Omofar
wow good news and congratulations.... if i may ask what's the likely time frame (between the Bio-metrics Correspondence letter and Original Passport request letter) from your experience , bear in mind medical done upfront?

Niola200

Jun 26, 2019
I'll be 24 by September, Since I Had my Bsc Degree in 2014..I did my NYSC from 2015 to 2016...since then I've been working as an Assistant Store Manager, my Sponsors are my Mother(A Police Inspector earning #200,000 monthly) and my Uncle(Owns a Big Primary and a Secondary School Registered by the Government) Besides will I need to evaluate my certificates?....Thanks for these Information Sir

Niola200

Jun 26, 2019
I'll be 24 by September, Since I Had my Bsc Degree in 2014..I did my NYSC from 2015 to 2016...since then I've been working as an Assistant Store Manager, my Sponsors are my Mother(A Police Inspector earning #200,000 monthly) and my Uncle(Owns a Big Primary and a Secondary School Registered by the Government) Besides will I need to evaluate my certificates?....Thanks for these Information Sir

Niola200

Jun 26, 2019
Please Omofar can you reply abolaji question, i am in same shoes,i graduated secondary school 2011,i didn't get admission till 2014...you know how the admission issue is in Nigeria, so i had to go to benin Republic to school, i studied computer science the thing is I've not really seen students for benin republic having their Master's in Canads, is it possible? And i will be 25 by September... Please reply

easy4kay

Mar 9, 2019
wow good news and congratulations.... if i may ask what's the likely time frame (between the Bio-metrics Correspondence letter and Original Passport request letter) from your experience , bear in mind medical done upfront?
In addition, will upfront medical also change to (pass) in the account, it just remain there with ( you do not need medical, we will let you know if this change) does it look alright ?

Jessevly

May 11, 2019
Has anyone used her brother inlaw as sponsor , he has 17000000 as his balance, that's the only statement of account I submitted but it's fixed deposit since 2017,he's been withdrawing from it time to time, I ddnt add his source of income, is that a problem? my tuition is 18,788, I paid 9,753.77 already,No travel history, I did my nysc in 2017,im 28yrs, I applied for post graduate program, I mentioned I managed my mum small business after service , no pay, what is my chance?​

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It expires july 3rd and I intend to apply this week.. do i need to still get another one
Probably safer to get a new one. However, did you get your gcms notes, did you properly address the issues raised by the visa officer?

If you have not done these, please don't rush to reapply.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day, Pls can someone who is 35 years go for a post degree diploma or certificate in Canada. Please what are the things needed to apply for student visa from Nigeria. Also do i have to include my marriage certificate when applying. Please Omofar advice. Thanks
Hello Gentlepal,

Thanks for visiting this thread. Kindly refer to my GIS #2 post on the assessing your self, before apply for visa application, its a few pages back..

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Easy4Kay,

Thanks for visiting this thread. I think it depends on whether it is online application or physical submission. I usually prefer the former. Usually its almost always immediately. If you don't get the request immediately after the biometrics correspondence letter, it is highly likely that your application has been refused.

All the best.

Omofar