+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Hissue97

Jul 1, 2019
Good evening omofar im 22 and i completed my OND IN Yabatech in 2018 i applied to CIC early this year after getting my LOA from humber, but i got denied my study permit around june this year, in the period of less than 2-weeks, i never knew of SOP until my denial and i didn't pay my tuition deposit for the first application but proved finance with SOA from my uncle, ive reapplied to humber for the same course, i need an advice on how to show funds, and my sponsor is not ready to pay tuition until visa acceptance due to past experience that any payment before the permit is at owners risk. how can i convince the VO that ill pay my tuition upon arrival. and do i need to talk about my past denial in my new application

Infinitytemmy

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
what other advise do you want other than to get more money???

how much does your schooling costs and how much do you have???
my dad is my sponsorer ,he present 4,000,000 naira while i presented personal account of 3,000,000 naira and the total one year tuition and cost of living is :5,775,000 million naira

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You did not ask me to email you *sad*
1. Please accept my apologies.

2. It's nothing personal, I do not even know who he/she is.

3. It also depends on my mood, I had been quite upset with the handling of people's study permit applications by the IRCC.

4. Besides my email was already on the thread, you could have reached out to me. Look through the post you responded to, you will see that my email was already there.

So do not be sad or offended, feel free to mail me.

Cheers

Reactions: milesdavis
Nov 22, 2019
Please help. This is my first attempt and I got denied for the following reasons:
r• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Below is my SOP. Right now I have no idea how approach these objections. Thanx as you respond.

Statement of Purpose for Preparatory Course for ACCA-Chartered Accountant Examination.

My name is Mustapha Agboola Ishola, a Nigerian national.

I work as a freelancer, offering audio production and accounting services for the music industry.

I have a Diploma in Accounting and Business from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).

I worked briefly as a trainee accountant full-time, in hopes of combining work and study to become a chartered accountant, along with freelance audio production part-time.

As the demand for my freelance jobs increased, I resigned from my job and joined my passion for music with my accounting training, by offering audio production with accounting services specific to the entertainment industry .

Eventually, I abandoned the pursuit to become a Chartered accountant, my self-study pattern was inadequate to pass the exams along with the excitement of my growing clientele base and exposure to the music industry and the business aspects of it.

Over the years I have come to a plateau, as I compete and lose jobs to individuals and companies that have little or no experience of the music industry because they were perceived to be professionals with higher qualifications.

This has motivated me to retrace my steps back to the pursuit of becoming a chartered accountant.

To achieve this, I’ve decided to take a study break, away from my environment and the luring to do “one more job” to focus strictly on my studies. This time I chose a different approach from my unsuccessful self-study pattern, to study with an ACCA accredited tuition provider.The Toronto School of Management is a Gold Partner with ACCA, with a straightforward approach to completing the course in a very short time.

The Nigerian music industry is booming with multiple artistes breaking into the international scene as prominently evident in Beyonce’s “The Lion King: The Gift” album that featured roughly 70% Nigerian content. These and many more have paved the way to a torrential influx of revenue to the industry but there is a huge deficit in the area of financial management impacting both artistes and their art negatively. This is due to the lack of professional accountants with knowledge and expertise in the field.

I have the knowledge and experience of the music industry, I want to gain the expertise and professionalism that comes with being a Chartered accountant with ACCA whose certification is highly valued in my home country.

I hope to return to Nigeria and harness this overlooked and untapped opportunity, by creating a niche service, providing business/financial management and consultancy to Nigerian Artistes, record labels and the Entertainment industry on a professional level.

Canada is arguably the world’s leading study hub with its relatively affordable yet unmatched quality of education. It’s the high quality of living and openness to all cultures attracts everybody to this great nation and I am not an exception. I would love to have the Canadian experience while studying and preparing myself for the future I so desire to attain. I am certain that in no time my pursuit to be ACCA Chartered Accountant shall be achieved given the sophisticated training methods offered in Canada.

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
You confused the visa officer ni, first thing you must note about Canadians is that they value people that are focused on one thing, it's either you are an accountant or a musician, your bachelor's degree should align with your next level of study, even if you don't have experience yet explain why you don't have, don't jump from accountant to musician how will the visa officer understand?
I am a baker but during my application, I threw it away, I focused more on my first degree biochemistry, I told them my exploit in the field and how I was going to do more
Please be more straight forward okay my dear

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help. This is my first attempt and I got denied for the following reasons:
r• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Below is my SOP. Right now I have no idea how approach these objections. Thanx as you respond.

Statement of Purpose for Preparatory Course for ACCA-Chartered Accountant Examination.

I work as a freelancer, offering audio production and accounting services for the music industry.

I have a Diploma in Accounting and Business from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).

I worked briefly as a trainee accountant full-time, in hopes of combining work and study to become a chartered accountant, along with freelance audio production part-time.

As the demand for my freelance jobs increased, I resigned from my job and joined my passion for music with my accounting training, by offering audio production with accounting services specific to the entertainment industry .

Eventually, I abandoned the pursuit to become a Chartered accountant, my self-study pattern was inadequate to pass the exams along with the excitement of my growing clientele base and exposure to the music industry and the business aspects of it.

Over the years I have come to a plateau, as I compete and lose jobs to individuals and companies that have little or no experience of the music industry because they were perceived to be professionals with higher qualifications.

This has motivated me to retrace my steps back to the pursuit of becoming a chartered accountant.

To achieve this, I’ve decided to take a study break, away from my environment and the luring to do “one more job” to focus strictly on my studies. This time I chose a different approach from my unsuccessful self-study pattern, to study with an ACCA accredited tuition provider.The Toronto School of Management is a Gold Partner with ACCA, with a straightforward approach to completing the course in a very short time.

The Nigerian music industry is booming with multiple artistes breaking into the international scene as prominently evident in Beyonce’s “The Lion King: The Gift” album that featured roughly 70% Nigerian content. These and many more have paved the way to a torrential influx of revenue to the industry but there is a huge deficit in the area of financial management impacting both artistes and their art negatively. This is due to the lack of professional accountants with knowledge and expertise in the field.

I have the knowledge and experience of the music industry, I want to gain the expertise and professionalism that comes with being a Chartered accountant with ACCA whose certification is highly valued in my home country.

I hope to return to Nigeria and harness this overlooked and untapped opportunity, by creating a niche service, providing business/financial management and consultancy to Nigerian Artistes, record labels and the Entertainment industry on a professional level.

Canada is arguably the world’s leading study hub with its relatively affordable yet unmatched quality of education. It’s the high quality of living and openness to all cultures attracts everybody to this great nation and I am not an exception. I would love to have the Canadian experience while studying and preparing myself for the future I so desire to attain. I am certain that in no time my pursuit to be ACCA Chartered Accountant shall be achieved given the sophisticated training methods offered in Canada.
You are welcome to this thread. Please read through all my posts to learn a thing or two about the Canadian application process.

Here are my suggestions

1. Forget that accounting business and face your music production.

2. Investigate either of the following courses and apply for either or all of them
a) https://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/full-time/music-industry-arts-performance/

b) https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/apr1-audio-post-production/next

c) https://academics.sheridancollege.ca/programs/music-scoring-screen-stage?utm_medium=website&utm_source=ontariocolleges&utm_campaign=ocas-programs

3. Repackage yourself and application, get yourself a website, or YouTube page where you can build a portfolio of your body of work, upload them there incase the VO would like to verify your proficiency in music production.

I think there is a lot of potential for you to get your approval, you just need to have a clear purpose, ability to fund it and show intent to return which you have partially shown here.

All the best.

Omofar

Yelnats

Nov 22, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers

As a Nigerian who recently got denied this last week. Reason that

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay. Based on your family ties in Canada and in your home country

so please how do I go about it ?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a Nigerian who recently got denied this last week. Reason that

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay. Based on your family ties in Canada and in your home country

so please how do I go about it ?
Hello Yelnats,

I am sorry to hear about the refusal of your application. If that is all you have been refused for then it means you did well. Your purpose was clear, your funding was adequate, you were unable to convince the visa officer of your intention to return to Nigeria upon completion of your studies.

I would suggest you get the gcms notes, read through critically and address the issues raised. You are more likely to get your approval if you address those issues.

All the best.

Omofar

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Yo

Canada is arguably the world’s leading study hub with its relatively affordable yet unmatched quality of education. It’s the high quality of living and openness to all cultures attracts everybody to this great nation and I am not an exception. I would love to have the Canadian experience while studying and preparing myself for the future I so desire to attain. I am certain that in no time my pursuit to be ACCA Chartered Accountant shall be achieved given the sophisticated training methods offered in Canada.[/QUOTE
Your SOP is terrible o

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your SOP is terrible o . Very confusing .
Your choice of words for someone's SOP is poor. If it were about how impeccable one's SOP is, your application would not have been refused. You may have suggested that he needs to critically review it and work on it to make it better.

Cheers.

Omofar

Fitz_1900

Sep 27, 2019
My name is Anthony; a HND graduate in Business Administration from Delta state polytechnic, Ogwashi-uku, Nigeria.
I gained admission into Niagara college, Canada for my post graduate program in International Business, paid for half my tuition fee. Then, i applied for a study permit about a month ago, but i received a refusal letter to my application from the embassy yesterday evening and this was their reason/s:

"Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1013
00621 - Nairobi
Kenya
Application Enquiry: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-".

What am i suppose to do now, please?.. Thank you