+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings!

#ADVISEONCANADASTUDYPERMIT

Think critically before applying for a Canadian Study permit, think critically if it's worth all the hassle and still your application is refused even if you meet the requirements, think critically if Canada is still a worthwhile destination to pursue your international study dreams and plans.

Personally, I may no longer be responding to any queries on Canadian study permit application or refusals unless I see that things have changed in the way the embassy treats applications from Nigerians. The discrimination, bias, and stereotypical disposition by embassy officials towards applications from Nigerians is NOW clear to me. It does not matter what anyone else says or thinks. That is my own finding.

Do not bother to DM me, or mail me. Why? Because I do not think I can help you at this time, and that is the reality of the situation at the moment.

It no longer matters whether you meet the eligibility requirements or not, it's now about the country you come from. What about GCMS notes, waste of time.

Anyone still wishing to pursue this option, I wish you well, but you will have to do it on your own.

Cheers.

Omofar

Reactions: Rift Valley Dreams

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Greetings!

#ADVISEONCANADASTUDYPERMIT

Think critically before applying for a Canadian Study permit, think critically if it's worth all the hassle and still your application is refused even if you meet the requirements, think critically if Canada is still a worthwhile destination to pursue your international study dreams and plans.

Personally, I may no longer be responding to any queries on Canadian study permit application or refusals unless I see that things have changed in the way the embassy treats applications from Nigerians. The discrimination, bias, and stereotypical disposition by embassy officials towards applications from Nigerians is NOW clear to me. It does not matter what anyone else says or thinks. That is my own finding.

Do not bother to DM me, or mail me. Why? Because I do not think I can help you at this time, and that is the reality of the situation at the moment.

It no longer matters whether you meet the eligibility requirements or not, it's now about the country you come from. What about GCMS notes, waste of time.

Anyone still wishing to pursue this option, I wish you well, but you will have to do it on your own.

Cheers.

Omofar
So which other destination can you recommend that’s more lenient to Nigerians ? Thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So which other destination can you recommend that’s more lenient to Nigerians? Thanks
Hello Sky00797,

That is a very good question.

I have a friend. The person was denied a Canadian study permit twice despite meeting all the requirements, trust me I know what I am saying when I say they meet all the requirements. After we brained stormed together, the person decided not to pursue Canada any longer. While thinking of where to go, the person applied for a visitor visa to the UK and got 5 years. Then proceeded (casually) to apply for a visitor visa to Germany, was called for an interview, casually attended the interview and got the visa for 2 years. Now, I can tell you first hand that you cannot casually apply for any form of visa with the Canadian embassy and get it. The person has a choice to either go to the UK or Europe for their masters.

So to answer your question, especially some like you with strong travel history and parents with the financial muscle to support your academic pursuits, consider Europe, consider the US, consider UK. What the heck consider Japan, they have some of the best institutions in the world in terms of technology and engineering.

Let's not kill ourselves over Canada, let us have some self-respect and personal dignity. Is it not your money you want to spend for school, so why should you be treated anyhow? You can't go into KFC and make an order for food that you want to pay for and the gateman will say stay outside under the sun while we prepare your order, while other people who are not ordering as much as you are let in to sit down inside AC to wait for their orders to be ready. You won't take that, so why should Nigerians take such BS from the Canadian embassy.

Whether one goes to Canada or not does determine how successful they will be in life. Its time to look inwards. Disregard the Canadian embassy and look elsewhere, or if you have access to the funds, start a business in Nigeria, and see how far you may go in 5 years, or go to a neighboring country where the cost of doing business is cheaper, where there is power. In 10 years with hard work and prayers when you become a millionaire, the idiots will be begging you to come to their country.

The average cost of tuition and accommodation a year is about N8-10mm, so for 4 years, it will be N32-40mm for what?! Imagine if your parents could give you the fee for the 1st year to invest in farming and start your own company, imagine where you will be in 4-5 years.

So the world is your oyster, if Canada is available to you fine, if it's not, try elsewhere if not, sit down and go to U.I and start a side hustle.

God bless you bro.

Omofar

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hello Sky00797,

That is a very good question.

I have a friend. The person was denied a Canadian study permit twice despite meeting all the requirements, trust me I know what I am saying when I say they meet all the requirements. After we brained stormed together, the person decided not to pursue Canada any longer. While thinking of where to go, the person applied for a visitor visa to the UK and got 5 years. Then proceeded (casually) to apply for a visitor visa to Germany, was called for an interview, casually attended the interview and got the visa for 2 years. Now, I can tell you first hand that you cannot casually apply for any form of visa with the Canadian embassy and get it. The person has a choice to either go to the UK or Europe for their masters.

So to answer your question, especially some like you with strong travel history and parents with the financial muscle to support your academic pursuits, consider Europe, consider the US, consider UK. What the heck consider Japan, they have some of the best institutions in the world in terms of technology and engineering.

Let's not kill ourselves over Canada, let us have some self-respect and personal dignity. Is it not your money you want to spend for school, so why should you be treated anyhow? You can't go into KFC and make an order for food that you want to pay for and the gateman will say stay outside under the sun while we prepare your order, while other people who are not ordering as much as you are let in to sit down inside AC to wait for their orders to be ready. You won't take that, so why should Nigerians take such BS from the Canadian embassy.

Whether one goes to Canada or not does determine how successful they will be in life. Its time to look inwards. Disregard the Canadian embassy and look elsewhere, or if you have access to the funds, start a business in Nigeria, and see how far you may go in 5 years, or go to a neighboring country where the cost of doing business is cheaper, where there is power. In 10 years with hard work and prayers when you become a millionaire, the idiots will be begging you to come to their country.

The average cost of tuition and accommodation a year is about N8-10mm, so for 4 years, it will be N32-40mm for what?! Imagine if your parents could give you the fee for the 1st year to invest in farming and start your own company, imagine where you will be in 4-5 years.

So the world is your oyster, if Canada is available to you fine, if it's not, try elsewhere if not, sit down and go to U.I and start a side hustle.

God bless you bro.

Omofar
I get your point but this your friend that applied for visit visas, what’s the intention behind it ? Because I know that visit visa restricts work . So was he/she just applying to visit or to migrate there?

Also as you may already know , most Nigerians applying for Canada are after the PR option after studies .
Now most countries don’t offer that .

US is only one year OPT
U.K. is 6 months , although they’ve introduced 2 years but it’s not certain atm because Borris might not win the election and it’s not automatically given with your visa . You have to apply later and meet certain conditions .
I don’t know about Japan but the language barrier comes in .
Europe I hear Germany offers free tuition and 2 years post study visa , but then again racism plays in and being honest , you may not get a job because of that . If you do , you will spend your life leaving in a country where people see you as a black shit. Other European countries also have their flaws . If it’s not racism, living cost is extremely expensive (eg Switzerland , Netherlands, Sweden ) etc.

I mean it’s a shame that countries are rejecting Nigerians . But then again you blame Nigerians too and if you look at it , I don’t blame them either for the strictness.

you talk about business in Nigeria? Damn it’s hard with the current administration. Money inflow is one sided . Infact , it’s not even circulating . Even connections barely work these days . Startsup are closing because of the economy . The ones who already had a business are barely trying to keep it on .
Except you’re in politics or have a relation or a very very very good connect , there’s no hope for young Nigerians . I’ve also understood that You can’t even do a 100% genuine business and make a good income . At the long run , you will be tempted to either do a dirty work for politicians or dodgy companies which will come back to hunt you anyway.

Nevertheless, you’ve done a good work supporting Nigerians here and giving them hope . That’s a commendable work

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The point I was trying to say is how is it possible someone who was denied study permit twice in Canada easily casually gets visit visas in two other countries.. the point is ease of acquisition. The person still plans to study but obviously not with tourist visas. But if you have tourist visa and travel for holiday and return your chances of getting a study permit if you meet the requirements is almost 100%.. Getting a tourist or study permit from Canadian embassy has the same level of difficulty...

I hear everything else you say about the Nigerian system perfectly, I worked in the financial sector, I know. I said one can consider the smaller surrounding countries where things are not as bad.

I agree that Nigerians are the problems of Nigerians... However, the embassy needs to fine tune its process to sieve out genuine applicants from fraudulent ones. Or simply decide not to offer study permits anymore, but to assess everyone based on the actions of others is unfair.

Now what if all the countries decide they no longer want us, will we not have to look inward and fix our own damn country?

Time is going, what is the point applying for the same thing twice, thrice, 4 times and getting refused.. one is growing older, looking more desperate, instead of one to continue to live their life. Is Canada the only place of salvation or refuge... if one door closes,will you not look for an alternative door? Must one go to Canada?

My comments are just to get our people thinking that's all.

Is all the Canadian hullabaloo worth it, you think it's worth it, then by all means continue to try, I just feel there's no need to continue to hit one's head against the wall, to force one's self on people who clearly do not want you...

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
The point I was trying to say is how is it possible someone who was denied study permit twice in Canada easily casually gets visit visas in two other countries.. the point is ease of acquisition. The person still plans to study but obviously not with tourist visas. But if you have tourist visa and travel for holiday and return your chances of getting a study permit if you meet the requirements is almost 100%.. Getting a tourist or study permit from Canadian embassy has the same level of difficulty...

I hear everything else you say about the Nigerian system perfectly, I worked in the financial sector, I know. I said one can consider the smaller surrounding countries where things are not as bad.

I agree that Nigerians are the problems of Nigerians... However, the embassy needs to fine tune its process to sieve out genuine applicants from fraudulent ones. Or simply decide not to offer study permits anymore, but to assess everyone based on the actions of others is unfair.

Now what if all the countries decide they no longer want us, will we not have to look inward and fix our own damn country?

Time is going, what is the point applying for the same thing twice, thrice, 4 times and getting refused.. one is growing older, looking more desperate, instead of one to continue to live their life. Is Canada the only place of salvation or refuge... if one door closes,will you not look for an alternative door? Must one go to Canada?

My comments are just to get our people thinking that's all.

Is all the Canadian hullabaloo worth it, you think it's worth it, then by all means continue to try, I just feel there's no need to continue to hit one's head against the wall, to force one's self on people who clearly do not want you...
One thing that confuses me the most is how they deny study permits but still open the express entry program for the same Nigerians. You can’t create another channel for citizens of a country you don’t want. It’s very contradictory . They can apply their express entry genuineness check energy to study permits , but they’re just being silly.

But anyway You’re absolutely correct . We cannot keep running to places that don’t want us , when we can fix ours .

Goodluck to everyone in whatever they do.

Reactions: milesdavis

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One thing that confuses me the most is how they deny study permits but still open the express entry program for the same Nigerians. You can’t create another channel for citizens of a country you don’t want. It’s very contradictory . They can apply their express entry genuineness check energy to study permits , but they’re just being silly.

But anyway You’re absolutely correct . We cannot keep running to places that don’t want us , when we can fix ours .

Goodluck to everyone in whatever they do.
You are absolutely correct!

They claim people will not return to their home country, but they are inviting thousands of people for Express Entry. They claim people will not return to their home countries, yet they put a mechanism in place to retain foreign graduates. They are absolutely confused, and it would not make sense for serious minded people to join their confusion. Another irritating thing is they let the ease of entry of Indians, and other Asians who struggle to speak basic English into the country, while barring very exposed Nigerians.

In summary, it is not the only country or option available, so everyone should consider other places.

About 10years ago, The UK stopped the post-study work visa. What happened, Nigerians had sense and stopped going there, in fact it was what made Canada come on the radar of Nigerians, few people were considering the country in those days. It was either UK, Europe or US. So everything is a cycle, the cycle where Canada closes her doors has started, it's time for people to open their eyes and consider other places.. The Canadian embassy will continue to collect money for application when they know they will refuse the visas.. Is that not similar to a scam?

Like you said, good luck to everyone what ever they decide to do

zoeyyy

Sep 19, 2019
Nothing is wrong with your application, but somethings are not quite right with the Canadian embassy at the moment. Perhaps you may want to consider pursuing your Masters in the UK. When you finish you get two post-graduate work permit. You can gain two years of work experience in the UK, when you are done, you can either pursue the Express Entry option to Canada, stay back in the UK or return to Nigeria. You are young, the world is ahead of you, do not waste time on Canadian study permit.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you Omofar, very wise words. We're on the same page, already applied to the Uk for my masters, will allow life lead me and put in the work where needed.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Omofar, very wise words. We're on the same page, already applied to the Uk for my masters, will allow life lead me and put in the work where needed.
You will make it brother/sister.

Canadian study permit will not hold you ransom. Continue to reach for your dreams. :):)

Stay blessed and keep in touch.

Omofar

Reactions: milesdavis

Infinitytemmy

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
I get your point but this your friend that applied for visit visas, what’s the intention behind it ? Because I know that visit visa restricts work . So was he/she just applying to visit or to migrate there?

Also as you may already know , most Nigerians applying for Canada are after the PR option after studies .
Now most countries don’t offer that .

US is only one year OPT
U.K. is 6 months , although they’ve introduced 2 years but it’s not certain atm because Borris might not win the election and it’s not automatically given with your visa . You have to apply later and meet certain conditions .
I don’t know about Japan but the language barrier comes in .
Europe I hear Germany offers free tuition and 2 years post study visa , but then again racism plays in and being honest , you may not get a job because of that . If you do , you will spend your life leaving in a country where people see you as a black shit. Other European countries also have their flaws . If it’s not racism, living cost is extremely expensive (eg Switzerland , Netherlands, Sweden ) etc.

I mean it’s a shame that countries are rejecting Nigerians . But then again you blame Nigerians too and if you look at it , I don’t blame them either for the strictness.

you talk about business in Nigeria? Damn it’s hard with the current administration. Money inflow is one sided . Infact , it’s not even circulating . Even connections barely work these days . Startsup are closing because of the economy . The ones who already had a business are barely trying to keep it on .
Except you’re in politics or have a relation or a very very very good connect , there’s no hope for young Nigerians . I’ve also understood that You can’t even do a 100% genuine business and make a good income . At the long run , you will be tempted to either do a dirty work for politicians or dodgy companies which will come back to hunt you anyway.

Nevertheless, you’ve done a good work supporting Nigerians here and giving them hope . That’s a commendable work
yes ! it is high time the teaming youth of nigeria ,lets fix our country ,Canada and the likes countries should stop feeling to special

Nov 29, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Hi,
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers

Hi, thank you for your insight. My question is this, will I be granted a study permit if I would like to come to Canada with my six months old daughter. Note that my sponsor is my husband with over 7 million naira in his account monthly, business is registered with CAC. So there's enough money for day care or nanny.

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi,

Hi, thank you for your insight. My question is this, will I be granted a study permit if I would like to come to Canada with my six months old daughter. Note that my sponsor is my husband with over 7 million naira in his account monthly, business is registered with CAC. So there's enough money for day care or nanny.
You will be given study permit if you meet their requirements & the visa officer is in a good mood . Having a 7 months daughter won’t make them deny you , because she’s still an infant and needs you