+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Good day sir, I have seen your efforts in on this forum in making Nigerian Students transit to Canada easily and I wish to recommend you for that, may God continue to strengthen you in wisdom and wealth, am a lawyer, 23 years of age, I have a Canadian tourist visa, my sponsor are my parents who are well to do, I wish to know the chances I have to secure a study permit in Canada, I have also been rejected for a student visa in US.
Best of regards sir.
Anthony.
Good afternoon. Being honest , no one can access your chances of getting a study permit except the VO.
However , your age is okay . I’m guessing you’re going for a post graduate study. Are you going to study a course relating to law? If yes perfect. If no , can you convince the VO that there’s a genuine reason for the change of study field? In terms on finance , you stated that your parents are well to do . So I’m guessing that they can pay for your one year tuition and still have a substantial amount required to show on the statement . About the US visa rejection, I don’t know how much that can influence your application. If you have a travel history to other developed countries, you’re alright . If not , you may be denied based on the VO not believing you will return after your studies based on your travel history. Then again , it all depends on the VO accessing your application and how good your SOP is. Some people have had all the requirements and excellent travel history , but still got denied . Then you have people that have never crossed border and get accepted. It’s more like chance of luck now . You can submit your application and hope for the best . Don’t forget to look at other countries as well before your final decision to apply .

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Omafar pls advice me. Since i base in dubai and work here, should i apply from here in uae or from Nigeria. The reason why am asking because must people who have temporary residence outside their country of citizenship always get refusal for the reason of being a temporary residence from a third country

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Omafar pls advice me. Since i base in dubai and work here, should i apply from here in uae or from Nigeria. The reason why am asking because must people who have temporary residence outside their country of citizenship always get refusal for the reason of being a temporary residence from a third country
You already have a clue to your question . If you’re not in a hurry , apply when you’re in Nigeria

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
well, you might have a point from what you have said but I believe if you have a good job in Dubai and also have a bank account in Dubai with enough money in it which is ok for you to pay your fees and the rest... another thing is your ties back home which you really have to prove to the VO as it is the important thing... well, if you also a good travel history to any of those developed countries like the US and UK during your stay in Dubai then you are good to go.
All being said, there is someone on this forum @PrettyFRanca by name, he or she is staying in Dubai and a Nigerian who has applied for the visa... just try and get in touch with the person then you take it from there... I stay in Dubai too but not yet processing anything...
stay blessed

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Thank you all for your reply. I am a site supervisor here since 2014 with salary of 500k per month. My wife is office incharge of her company wit ofh 400k salary. She is the one applying for study permit. She have account here in UAE with 110k dhr which is 11m so she can sponsor herself.we havr two kids born here. I have come across alot of people from here get refusal for having temp residence in uae and many who base here got approval applying from their home country. Temp residence is a minus from what am seeing

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Yes o. I am still here, I am Nigerian but I applied from Dubai
Application date- 21 nov
Biometrics. - 1st December
Ghost update 5th December
I am still waiting patiently, school resumes 6th of January

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Temporary residency visa is not a minus, my husband's friend got his study permit around August for Alberta, he is from Nigeria, he applied from Dubai too. Visa officers give visas depending on their mood, if you are a Christian just keep praying, all my friends that applied for study permit from November 15th till now received approval, maybe the visa officers are celebrating something, but like I said it's about their own mood

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Temporary residency visa is not a minus, my husband's friend got his study permit around August for Alberta, he is from Nigeria, he applied from Dubai too. Visa officers give visas depending on their mood, if you are a Christian just keep praying, all my friends that applied for study permit from November 15th till now received approval, maybe the visa officers are celebrating something, but like I said it's about their own mood
You have said it all Prettyfranca... all is by luck nothing more... no one can predict the VO decision, so many people who has every requirements still get denial... one should just pray for favour that’s all...

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hi pretty than you for your reply. Pls did u or ur husband friend state that u will be going back to your home country after studies or returning to dubai.