+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Infinitytemmy

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
It looks like @Sky00797 is the more than capable to manage queries on this forum without me... I was looking through some of @Sky00797's responses and I thought I was the one that typed the response. I am very happy that at least one person has got it.

Well done @Sky00797!

Omofar
hello Omofar ,

I am a Nigerian ,resides in nigeria ,can my sister who is a citizen of united state eligible to sponsor my education in Canada ?

Piecoco

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Good family, I did online application and also upfront medical. But I got an update medical passed dec 5, how long does it take to get the final decision?

Rhoda Amaka

Feb 21, 2019
Hi

Did any one from the expectant got approval
Hi,

I got an approval on the 28th of November, and a passport request, which I submitted on the 29th. However, I haven't received any other information from IRCC, and my tracking code from VFS keeps saying "no records found".

overtwopoint5

Dec 4, 2019
i want to know if VO consider RESUMPTION date when review an application, My program starts on 6th January and i submitted my online application on the 26th of Nov, Bio 27th.

Kings3&41

Dec 7, 2019
Hello bro I submitted paper submission for my study permit how do I track my application since I have gotten the Tracking ID number from VFS global

Timi01

Aug 4, 2019
Good evening Gurus in the house!!
Have been a silent reader in the house for 1 year.
My study permit was refused 3months ago based on:

The VO wasn’t satisfied that I will depart back to my home country after my study based on

Family ties.
Purpose of visit
Employment situations.

I finished my NYSC March 2019 and I applied for study permit August 2019
Submitted reference letter from my PPA
Finished BSC 2016
NYSC 2018-2019
I did education course for my undergraduate and I applied for masters of education.
I submitted a letter of introduction for an employment which I started after my NYSC..
I paid 9kCAD for my first semesters school fees
Living expenses was transferred to my account by my brother in law and elder brother.
My elder brother is my main sponsor and I submitted his company account worth of 65million then.
My brother in law works with an international company and his SOA was 13million I submitted them.
While my own personal account was 2.7million

Please I want to reapply and I don’t know how to go about it.i am depressed because I spent a lot and so many things added to it.
@Omofar and the rest.
I need your contributions I also want to post a success story on this thread which I believe I will by next year!! @frank you can inbox me your cell number for me to share some private infos with you as well
Thanks and God bless you all!!

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019

The VO wasn’t satisfied that I will depart back to my home country after my study based on

Family ties.
Purpose of visit
Employment situations.

Finished BSC 2016
NYSC 2018-2019
I did education course for my undergraduate and I applied for masters of education.
I submitted a letter of introduction for an employment which I started after my NYSC..
Living expenses was transferred to my account by my brother in law and elder brother.
My elder brother is my main sponsor and I submitted his company account worth of 65million then.
My brother in law works with an international company and his SOA was 13million I submitted them.

Please I want to reapply and I don’t know how to go about it.i am depressed because I spent a lot and so many things added to it.
@Omofar and the rest.
I need your contributions I also want to post a success story on this thread which I believe I will by next year!! @frank you can inbox me your cell number for me to share some private infos with you as well
If you have read previous threads, you will get the answer to your question. Omofar cannot really give you that hope you’re looking for cuz she/he ain’t a VO.

education? Were you able to prove the need to study education in Canada as Nigerian universities offer that ? Were you able to prove that after studying education, you’d get a job in Nigeria or start up a business? . Nysc is not a determinant for future job prospects.
Also why submitting multiple bank statements ? That’s confusing and looks dodgy . The VO will be wondering why your brother’s acc is not enough with 65m that you had to add your in-law’s as well ? What’s their benefit for investing in your graduate studies?

If you can consider these points and rewrite your SOP & organise your application , you might stand a chance .

getting the study visa is really hard now & its all about luck . You can have everything & still be denied. Two of my friends recently applied . The one that only paid $500 tuition deposit , studying international business, SOP is okay , & mum’s bank statement got the visa. The other one that paid her tuition in full , dad’s statement is on point , SOP was written by a professional, studying accounting- didn’t get the visa. It makes you really wonder.

goodluck in your future application.
dont forget to checkout other countries .

Reactions: Omofar

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019

Family ties.
Purpose of visit
Employment situations.

Finished BSC 2016
NYSC 2018-2019

@Omofar and the rest.
I forgot to add . About the family ties , do you have any properties or land or partner? Anything/one that could literally motivate you back to Nigeria after studies? Does your parents have any business you can manage after studies ? If none , can you explain in your SOP realistically?

The employment situation I already answered that in the other message. Education is not in demand really especially in Nigeria , except you’d like to own a school someday . Can you explain in your sop what you really plan to do after studying that?

purpose of visit I already mentioned . Why spending mullions to study education in Canada ? Why Canada ? Can you prove in your sop that you’re strictly going there for studies ? (Hard one).

Personally, I would advise you to study a more employable course that’s still slightly related to your previous study . It’s not even about the visa , but getting a job in Canada after studies. Will you be able to get a job easily with education? Plus you don’t also have much work experience except from nysc . Just think about it xx

goodluck again

Reactions: Omofar

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I forgot to add . About the family ties , do you have any properties or land or partner? Anything/one that could literally motivate you back to Nigeria after studies? Does your parents have any business you can manage after studies ? If none , can you explain in your SOP realistically?

The employment situation I already answered that in the other message. Education is not in demand really especially in Nigeria , except you’d like to own a school someday . Can you explain in your sop what you really plan to do after studying that?

purpose of visit I already mentioned . Why spending mullions to study education in Canada ? Why Canada ? Can you prove in your sop that you’re strictly going there for studies ? (Hard one).

Personally, I would advise you to study a more employable course that’s still slightly related to your previous study . It’s not even about the visa , but getting a job in Canada after studies. Will you be able to get a job easily with education? Plus you don’t also have much work experience except from nysc . Just think about it xx

goodluck again
you have really mentioned everything he needs to put into consideration...