+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3. The preconceived bias/stereotypic disposition VOs have about Nigerian applicants: In my personal opinion, I did not think this mattered in the past. However, based on recent reports, I can surmise that it now does. Whether you agree or not Nigerians do NOT have a good reputation globally. However, the media does not balance the way it reports stories about Nigerians around the world. The world gets the good, the bad and the ugly of Nigerians, which actually common to all other nationalities of the world. There are good Nigerians, and there are bad ones. There are good Canadians and very bad Canadians, there are good Indians, and very useless ones, there are good Americans and there are psycho ones too, maybe the pyscho ones are even more than the good ones, there are good Britons, and there are very lazy ones that live only on welfare etc, you get my gist. However, when the news is being reported about Nigerians, they won't report about the Doctors, Engineers, IT gurus, Professors, those in entetainment, real- estate doing great things, No. They will only report on the corrupt and bad ones, this forms a preconceived bias in the minds of the VOs. The country's govt is not helping matters, for example, Japan's study permit approval rate is about 95%, why Japanese don't even care to leave their country in the first place to go study in Canada, they have better Universities, technology, and will not have to struggle with the language, so when a VO sees a Japanese application they are delighted, and quickly approve, even if the Japanese person omits a thing or two in their application, they will mail them and ask them to bring that document, but that will NEVER happen if its a Nigerian applicant. It is unfortunate, but that is the stack reality. So, at the end of the day, it boils down to how your entire application looks to the VO. The VO would have considered all of the above, and then takes a decision whether is it worth the risk of approving the applicant's study permit or not.

So FINANCES ALONE IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO ASSESS ONE"S CHANCES OF VISA APPROVAL.

Use this guide to assess yourself. Take a decision about whether to proceed with your application. Prepare everything properly and make sure the application makes sense (Logic), then finally whatever God you call on, call on Him/Her/Them and hope they can touch the VO's heart. I will not discuss this again.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar (Theophilus1980@gmail.com)

Last edited:
Reactions: Happiluv

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
3. The preconceived bias/stereotypic disposition VOs have about Nigerian applicants: In my personal opinion, I did not think this mattered in the past. However, based on recent reports, I can surmise that it now does. Whether you agree or not Nigerians do NOT have a good reputation globally. However, the media does not balance the way it reports stories about Nigerians around the world. The world gets the good, the bad and the ugly of Nigerians, which actually common to all other nationalities of the world. There are good Nigerians, and there are bad ones. There are good Canadians and very bad Canadians, there are good Indians, and very useless ones, there are good Americans and there are psycho ones too, maybe the pyscho ones are even more than the good ones, there are good Britons, and there are very lazy ones that live only on welfare etc, you get my gist. However, when the news is being reported about Nigerians, they won't report about the Doctors, Engineers, IT gurus, Professors, those in entetainment, real- estate doing great things, No. They will only report on the corrupt and bad ones, this forms a preconceived bias in the minds of the VOs. The country's govt is not helping matters, for example, Japan's study permit approval rate is about 95%, why Japanese don't even care to leave their country in the first place to go study in Canada, they have better Universities, technology, and will not have to struggle with the language, so when a VO sees a Japanese application they are delighted, and quickly approve, even if the Japanese person omits a thing or two in their application, they will mail them and ask them to bring that document, but that will NEVER happen if its a Nigerian applicant. It is unfortunate, but that is the stack reality. So, at the end of the day, it boils down to how your entire application looks to the VO. The VO would have considered all of the above, and then takes a decision whether is it worth the risk of approving the applicant's study permit or not.

Use this guide to assess yourself. Take a decision about whether to proceed with your application. Prepare everything properly and make sure the application makes sense (Logic), then finally whatever God you call on, call on Him/Her/Them and hope they can touch the VO's heart. I will not discuss this again.

I wish you all the best.

You didn’t reply to my message tho

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Pl

I wish you all the best.

please let me know what you think of my profile

Ashimolowo yusuf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019

I wish you all the best.

Hello omofar i need your help

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello I applied for a Canadian study visa and got rejected last week for this reason "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit." please can anyone help me out with this issue. Thanks
Hi @Iamdoyin ,

I hope well. Were you able to re-apply for the study permit, and were you able to get it?

Cheers

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pl
please let me know what you think of my profile
Hello Sky00797,

The reality of the matter is that what I think of your profile does not hold any water, it is what the VO thinks of it that counts. The Canadian study permit process is now like a lottery, you play and you may hit the jackpot or you may not. Kindly refer the last 3 posts I made about this matter, read carefully, it will help you assess your chances.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Reactions: milesdavis

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I linked the application to my daughters too. Yes mine too is london. I'm just tired but still hoping sha. I'm praying I get answers before the end of the month. My school resumes 3rd of September, and with my daughters going with me a lot of preparation needs to be put in place. So I'm seriously praying o.
@Tweetydaln,

How are you, long time. I just thought I should follow-up if you got your study permit application approved and that of your daughter's.

Wish you all the best.

Cheers

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received this from the dakar when i asked whil is my application taking so long!!

« In accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, every applicant must be subject of different verifications, namely: Health Security and Criminality. We must conduct background verifications or proceed with an in-depth verification of your application and no action is required on your part at this time. »
Pls can someone explain.?
Hello @Brickemayou,

Long-time, I just thought I follow-up. Were you able to get an approval for your permit?

Any plans for re-application?

All the best.

Omofar

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hello Sky00797,

The reality of the matter is that what I think of your profile does not hold any water, it is what the VO thinks of it that counts. The Canadian study permit process is now like a lottery, you play and you may hit the jackpot or you may not. Kindly refer the last 3 posts I made about this matter, read carefully, it will help you assess your chances.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar
Thanks very much for the response and luck

sticosisi

Nov 19, 2019
I just received my passport and was declined a study permit based on the following reasons,
1)I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on the purpose of your visit.Please any advise on this.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi Guys,

Canada has recently changed the Minister of immigration. This could be a positive thing for study permit applications, I don't know. You can find the article here. All the best to all those waiting for decisions.

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/11/marco-mendicino-appointed-new-canadian-immigration-minister-1113215.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-20191120#gs.hgrxwu

Cheers.

Omofar
thanks for your good work Omofar...
i am new on this forum and am so impressed with the good work you have been doing so far.. plz i need help...
i wish to sponsor my wife to study in one of the Atlantic College and the situation seems so confusing to me..
she has no formal higher education, in short she dropped out of Poly when her family had one kind of issue and she is 25years of age right now.. no travel experience yet but she will surely visit me this coming year in Dubai... what is your advice for me before i start any process plz..
thanks and God bless