Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
Sorry i did not mention anything relating to my background. A healthcare practitioner , got admitted to St Lawrence to do my postgraduate in healthcare administration. Working in a private firm, as a rural healthcare officer. My office is giving me one year study leave with payment all this was stated in my SOP backed up with letter from the companycoupled with good financial stand and traveling history. About the third reason I'm 32yrs old
Ok. So in my opinion these info are still vague. Try to give a little more detail about what u mean by 'financial stand'. How did u address ties issues. Healthcare what, a clinician, nurse, administrator or what etc?. Your prospective advisers need to have good info so they can better advice u.
Order that gcms and see what is in there.
Best of luck.

Nascoajet2

Aug 2, 2019
Ok. So in my opinion these info are still vague. Try to give a little more detail about what u mean by 'financial stand'. How did u address ties issues. Healthcare what, a clinician, nurse, administrator or what etc?. Your prospective advisers need to have good info so they can better advice u.
Order that gcms and see what is in there.
Best of luck.
Okay. MY financial stand means i have close to 11million naira in my account. And I'm working as a Rural healthcare officer which means i carry medical messions (medical outreaches, supply of medical equipment amd all) not into clinical aspect of medicine. And thats why i opted for post grad in healthcare administration.

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Okay. MY financial stand means i have close to 11million naira in my account. And I'm working as a Rural healthcare officer which means i carry medical messions (medical outreaches, supply of medical equipment amd all) not into clinical aspect of medicine. And thats why i opted for post grad in healthcare administration.
For the first two refusal reasons the best you can do is:
to show strong familial ties to Nigeria like kids, spouse,
Demonstrate logical academic progression. E.g. you hold a BSc and your are going in for MSc. If ur current circumstance doesn't fit this type of progression. Then provide very sound detail on how the proposed study is related to your current job and how it will benefit u short term and long term. I see the VO did not comment on your financial status which suggests it was good enough.. In all you ll need to tidy up the LOE to address the officer's concerns. But see your gcms note to get an idea on how to address the concerns.
In my opinion, statistically, students of many of the colleges have been the most affected by study permit refusals recently. If u must apply using a college or academy admission ensure the application stands out. Then fast and pray.

Last edited:

EmoAbs

Nov 12, 2019
Hello,

Thank you for the information you have provided so far. This is my issue. I have gotten admission into a reputable college for advanced diploma. I have already completed my bachelor's degree and the advanced diploma I am going for is different from what I studied in my bachelor's. However, I have gained one year vocational training experience and additional personal experience in the advanced diploma I am going for in the college. How do I convince CIC in my statement of purpose that I am pursuing a genuine program. What is your advice.

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello,

Thank you for the information you have provided so far. This is my issue. I have gotten admission into a reputable college for advanced diploma. I have already completed my bachelor's degree and the advanced diploma I am going for is different from what I studied in my bachelor's. However, I have gained one year vocational training experience and additional personal experience in the advanced diploma I am going for in the college. How do I convince CIC in my statement of purpose that I am pursuing a genuine program. What is your advice.
It s doesn't sound like a smoking gun profile. But since the proposed diploma is related to your current job description then there is a chance. In my opinion, to address the purpose of visit factor, you will need to painstakingly justify the BSc to Diploma situation in your SOP and show how the course will benefit you UPON RETURN to Nigeria. Obviously there is nothing wrong in having a career change at some point in life.
I assume you have addressed ties concern and your finances are good.

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hey, I’m not sure how soon I can get a reply but I will leave this here .

I’m about starting my university application but thought I’d be sure first before proceeding. I’m a graduate of university of Newcastle in business with economics (2:2). I graduated September 2018 . I am 22 years old .

I’ve recently started my Nysc programme which will end by next August. I intend to pursue my masters degree next fall session but in MA in sociology. I have always wanted to study sociology by my parents wouldn’t let me as they were sponsoring my studies .
I have written to the MUN enquiring if I can apply for MA in sociology with my Economics degree , I was told I could but with a good statement of purpose . I have already drafted that (will appreciate if you can read it ) and I also have transcripts to show that I performed better in sociology related modules whilst studying .

I do not want to study economics as I have no passion in it and that’s why I performed poorly in my degree . I have been told I don’t need IELTS as I have a UK degree and sociology does not require GRE/GMAT.

If I do get the letter of acceptance, I have to face the study permit part .

In terms of Travel history , I have been to over 18 countries . I started travelling from the age of 5 . I have had multiple US (2) years visit visas , Multiple U.K (2) years visit visas and (4) schengen (7) months visit visas. (1) Chinese Study Abroad VIsa and (4)years U.K. study visa . I have never been denied visa or over stayed my visa .
I currently also have UK (2) years visit visa valid till 2021. I also intend to renew my US visa this month .

In terms of funds , as my parents are not willing to sponsor me because they believe I should get married first (tradition), my elder brother who is a PR in the US has chipped in to help . He works with an engineering company in Atlanta and has over $30K CAD in his account . I’m also personally able to pay my one year tuition fee (approx $7k CAD )straight up without stress .

In terms of ties to Nigeria , I have 3 siblings here and my parents of course . My dad is reputable businessman and politician. He has houses and companies. My mum has business as well . All registered. I have always visited Nigeria every year whilst studying . I do not have any assets but I intend to open a travel company after my studies and possibly join in my dad’s oil business. I also intend to join politics to help in amending some laws especially for the LGBT people living in Nigeria. I also have never been to Canada or have any relatives or friends there . I was also offered a 3 years job opportunity with visa sponsorship by my ex employer in Newcastle late March but I delcliened to return to Nigeria for nysc . (Proof available)

In terms of clear purpose of stay , I have chosen to study in Canada because of the affordability of tuition as compared to going back to Newcastle. Also , despite though the course it’s available in Nigerian universities , I will prefer to have an international recognised certificate.

Hence , do you think I’m on the right track? Should I renew my US visa to add a bonus? Should I register my travel company before or after my studies? Is my source of funds (Brother) sufficient ? Is my ties to Nigeria sufficient ?

Thank you .
I look forward to seeing your reply .

Esmond1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Ok I got admission from university of Regina in may,which is 6 month ago and decided to go for January intake to pursue a bsc in computer science...
So I proceed and apply from Nigeria on September 6 with biometric done same day...
Receive my medical on the 9 oct
Got it done on 16th of oct
Pass my medical on 22 oct
Received my biom corresponds letteron 25 oct and got my visa on 13 November
Doc submitted: high school certificate
Date of birth cert,admission letter from Regina uni,acceptance fees, sponsored statement of account of 110k cad, but forgot to add proof sponsorer source of income,sop,letter of sponsor from my mom and from my computer training institute,and my personal statements of my account of 12k cad,including proof of paid flight, police report,passport with a Canada form, i think that all and even apology letter for not submitting all required documents and my visa got approved today... I applied from nigeria this is the 10th week thanks
Congratulations, I am so happy for you.
Please share your timeline and documents submitted.

Esmond1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
What was the processing time stated from your country?
It was 8 weeks on cic when I started but later changed to 7 weeks but I got my visa after 10 weeks,applied in paper ,the minimum time on cic web is 8 weeks and i think the Maximum time is16 weeks I guess,thanks that my profile and timeline below I hope that helps you too...

Reactions: milesdavis