+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

kkd10

Apr 22, 2019
Hello kkd10,

Thank you for visiting this thread. Happy Easter.

It is better if you can make arrangements for accommodation before applying for visa, however, it is not a requirement. If you have paid for your tuition, then you need to sum a minimum of a sum of $12,000CAD in your account for living costs for a year.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best
Omofar
i applied without booking accommodation in Canada and i got the visa. thanks for the advice

Reactions: MrOhizzy

t.a

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 aug 2010
Doc's Request.
persoanl history plus additional proof were snt in oct 2010
File Transfer...
11 sep2010
Med's Request
waitng for remed,, received REPCC 20th dec 2011,REPCC snt 29 dec 2011
Med's Done....
march 2010--- remed 27 april 2012
Passport Req..
6th december 2012:)
VISA ISSUED...
17th December 2012:) and received on 3rd jan 2013
Hello guys!!
I need ur help. I applied for study permit from Pakistan under non sds stream . I couldn't find any option to attach my 1 year college fee receipt in online application.
Is it really necessary ? Can I upload it now after submission of my file??
Plz reply me I am really worried.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys!!
I need ur help. I applied for study permit from Pakistan under non sds stream . I couldn't find any option to attach my 1 year college fee receipt in online application.
Is it really necessary ? Can I upload it now after submission of my file??
Plz reply me I am really worried.
Hello t.a,

Thanks for visiting this thread.

I know the online submission portal does not tell you everything and where you should upload stuff. You could have made your LOA and 1 year fee receipt as a single PDF and uploaded it as a single document. It is very important to demonstrate your ability to fund your studies. Unfortunately, I am not sure you will be able to add it to your application. If you have the email address of the visa office handling your application you can mail them and attach the receipt to the mail, kindly requesting that they add it to your application.

All the best.

Omofar

Peteru

Jun 11, 2018
Nice job brother.

I have B. Sc in Mathematics and NCE in Mathematics/Computer Science. Also, I have worked in bank and resigned.

I have two LOA, 1. Seneca college(to study Computer Programmer) and 2. Toronto school of management (To study Data analytics).

I was refused three times based on the following reasons:

1. Purpose of visit is vague and poorly documented, I have requested for deferral to September 2019. (appears in the second and third rejections).

2. Finance. (I used a sponsor for the my first and second application, while the third application I used my term deposit in the tune of N9,4m. However, I had paid tuition deposit of CAD 7,150 to the college in Toronto. If I add my tuition fees balance CAD 7,450 plus upkeep and other expenses it should amount to like CAD29,000. yet my application was rejected)

3. Travel History (I had travel to some part of west Africa I guess the VO is not satisfied with that. I recently traveled to Dubai spent some few days and came back home. I hope this will assist. )

In preparation for the fourth application I have a sponsor with over 70m who he is willing to give me some evidence to support his source of income. Also, an offer letter that after my studies in Canada I will return home to work in his organisation.
I some documents like Police report and upfront medical report(from IOM).

I think I need a convincing SOP and LOE.

Please I will appreciate your advice and guidance. Hope you will not be offended if ask for your contact.

Last edited:

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hi all

I got admission for a two yrs post degree diploma in BC. I want to know if paying outright two yrs tuition fee and keep 12k cad living expense and paying 1yr tuition fee and keep above 20k cad. Which will increase my visa approval chance

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice job brother.

I have B. Sc in Mathematics and NCE in Mathematics/Computer Science. Also, I have worked in bank and resigned.

I have two LOA, 1. Seneca college(to study Computer Programmer) and 2. Toronto school of management (To study Data analytics).

I was refused three times based on the following reasons:

1. Purpose of visit is vague and poorly documented, I have requested for deferral to September 2019. (appears in the second and third rejections).

2. Finance. (I used a sponsor for the my first and second application, while the third application I used my term deposit in the tune of N9,4m. However, I had paid tuition deposit of CAD 7,150 to the college in Toronto. If I add my tuition fees balance CAD 7,450 plus upkeep and other expenses it should amount to like CAD29,000. yet my application was rejected)

3. Travel History (I had travel to some part of west Africa I guess the VO is not satisfied with that. I recently traveled to Dubai spent some few days and came back home. I hope this will assist. )

In preparation for the fourth application I have a sponsor with over 70m who he is willing to give me some evidence to support his source of income. Also, an offer letter that after my studies in Canada I will return home to work in his organisation.
I some documents like Police report and upfront medical report(from IOM).

I think I need a convincing SOP and LOE.

Please I will appreciate your advice and guidance. Hope you will not be offended if ask for your contact.
Hello Peteru,

Thanks for visiting this thread. I am sorry to hear about the refusal of your permit 3 times. By putting yourself in this situation, you have demonstrated a level of desperation to enter Canada that many VOs are usually not happy with. Nevertheless, its still worth a try. I will DM you shortly.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I got admission for a two yrs post degree diploma in BC. I want to know if paying outright two yrs tuition fee and keep 12k cad living expense and paying 1yr tuition fee and keep above 20k cad. Which will increase my visa approval chance
Hello Benjena,

I hope well. Thanks for visiting this thread. Ability to fund your studies is a very good attribute. I would suggest you pay for 1 year and keep the remaining it your account for the application. However, this is not the only decider whether or not you will get your study permit application approved. You need to meet other criteria.

Wish you all the best.

Omofar

Reactions: MrOhizzy

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hello Benjena,

I hope well. Thanks for visiting this thread. Ability to fund your studies is a very good attribute. I would suggest you pay for 1 year and keep the remaining it your account for the application. However, this is not the only decider whether or not you will get your study permit application approved. You need to meet other criteria.

Wish you all the best.

Omofar
Thank you brother. I am Nigerian based in Dubai with my wife and my son who was born here. My wife is the applicant and am the sponsor. I have work as site supervisor with yearly income of 6m. My wife have yearly income of 4.8m and she is the office in charged. Have bsc in business admin with gpa of 3.93. And she got admission for pgd in business admin 2yrs program. She have had 5yrs work experience in uae as sales representative and as office incharge. She also had 4yrs work experience in nigeria as customer service before we got maried and she joined me here

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Thank you brother. I am Nigerian based in Dubai with my wife and my son who was born here. My wife is the applicant and am the sponsor. I have work as site supervisor with yearly income of 6m. My wife have yearly income of 4.8m and she is the office in charged. Have bsc in business admin with gpa of 3.93. And she got admission for pgd in business admin 2yrs program. She have had 5yrs work experience in uae as sales representative and as office incharge. She also had 4yrs work experience in nigeria as customer service before we got maried and she joined me here. We also have an existing registered company in Nigeria and 4landed properties in Nigeria

Benjena

May 28, 2019
I forgot to add that her company is giving her reference letter to proof that she worked with them and to proof that she is allowed to return back to the company after studies.we have existing registered company in Nigeria that my husband and i are joint owners. We have 4 landed properties as well.

Peteru

Jun 11, 2018
Hello Peteru,

Thanks for visiting this thread. I am sorry to hear about the refusal of your permit 3 times. By putting yourself in this situation, you have demonstrated a level of desperation to enter Canada that many VOs are usually not happy with. Nevertheless, its still worth a try. I will DM you shortly.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you for the reply.

I will be expecting your DM please.