+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
GĆMS notes contain all the comments or descriptions of what is happening in your application, whereas CBSA notes are same as gćms notes but the only difference is that the security part is retracted in gcmš and you can see that in cbsa notes.
You can use the website mentioned below to get these notes.
Hello please I can't see the website mentioned below

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
GĆMS notes contain all the comments or descriptions of what is happening in your application, whereas CBSA notes are same as gćms notes but the only difference is that the security part is retracted in gcmš and you can see that in cbsa notes.
You can use the website mentioned below to get these notes.
Hello please I can't see the website mentioned below

Tweetydaln

May 20, 2019
You can check on Google or You can use this link: http://gcmsnow.com/standard-gcms-notes/. Once you fill your details and make your payment, they'll send you a consent form to sign and send back to them. It takes about 30 - 35 days from the day they acknowledge receipt of your consent form.
That is the burning question on my mind what made our application different as for my travel history I have been to Dubai twice and my mother (she applied for visitor's visa linked to my application) has been to Dubai thrice,London and germany and she is my sponsor with personal acct and her company acct I have also paid about 70% of the tuition for my first year. Lastly someone on this thread mentioned that the processing office in London takes time and the vos are usually harsh and that is were my application is being processed on the gcms notes I know someone in Canada he's a permanent resident but I still don't see the link everyone is talking of on this thread

Mariam&1

May 23, 2019
Hi, I just need to know wats wrong pls. I submitted my passport on the 9th of May n got to know from friends who already travelled that it takes 1or 2 weeks to get your passport back n today is 23 but haven’t heard anything from them yet and my school orientation was on 21th of May but I requested for extension of already. Pls when do you think I will get my passport back because they don’t work on public holidays n on Monday Is a public holiday in Canada. I also tried tracking it but it said record not found. Please what those this means? Thank you

Nzubechukwu

May 23, 2019
Hello
Good afternoon
My name is Nzube. I have BSc in Electrical Electronics Engineering here in Nigeria, I would like to do masters in Canada in a related field. I really would appreciate a guide on how to go about it.
Warm regards

Tweetydaln

May 20, 2019
I linked the application to my daughters too. Yes mine too is london. I'm just tired but still hoping sha. I'm praying I get answers before the end of the month. My school resumes 3rd of September, and with my daughters going with me a lot of preparation needs to be put in place. So I'm seriously praying o.
That is the burning question on my mind what made our application different as for my travel history I have been to Dubai twice and my mother (she applied for visitor's visa linked to my application) has been to Dubai thrice,London and germany and she is my sponsor with personal acct and her company acct I have also paid about 70% of the tuition for my first year. Lastly someone on this thread mentioned that the processing office in London takes time and the vos are usually harsh and that is were my application is being processed on the gcms notes I know someone in Canada he's a permanent resident but I still don't see the link everyone is talking of on this thread

Bricekemayou

May 8, 2019
Hi all pls i am confused!
I email the embassy for the second time bc my application has exceeded its processing and they replied me with this .

Good day,

In accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, every applicant must be subject of different verifications, namely: Health Security and Criminality. We must conduct background verifications or proceed with an in-depth verification of your application and no action is required on your part at this time.

We will communicate with you by email when we will review your file in order to request additional information.

Please mention your file number Xxxxxxxx and complete name in all correspondences with our office.

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

I don’t really get the sense. My friend applied after me and she got her visa like teo weeks back !
Can someone pls help!

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Hi all pls i am confused!
I email the embassy for the second time bc my application has exceeded its processing and they replied me with this .

Good day,

In accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, every applicant must be subject of different verifications, namely: Health Security and Criminality. We must conduct background verifications or proceed with an in-depth verification of your application and no action is required on your part at this time.

We will communicate with you by email when we will review your file in order to request additional information.

Please mention your file number Xxxxxxxx and complete name in all correspondences with our office.

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

I don’t really get the sense. My friend applied after me and she got her visa like teo weeks back !
Can someone pls help!

Your application is still on background check to comfirm if you have criminal case or not so that is where it been delay and after that your eligibility will start to review your documents before they made final decision...
Have you gotten any update do you do medical upfront?

Bricekemayou

May 8, 2019
Your application is still on background check to comfirm if you have criminal case or not so that is where it been delay and after that your eligibility will start to review your documents before they made final decision...
Have you gotten any update do you do medical upfront?
Thanks for the reply
Its almost 2 months since i applied. The processing time in my country is 6weeks .

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I linked the application to my daughters too. Yes mine too is london. I'm just tired but still hoping sha. I'm praying I get answers before the end of the month. My school resumes 3rd of September, and with my daughters going with me a lot of preparation needs to be put in place. So I'm seriously praying o.
Maybe they are using the fact that u applied with your daughters as basis for you not having an intention to return.
I've already missed my 3 admission start dates (last year September, this year January and this year may) tho I reapplied for admission and got a new one for this year September and next year January. I haven't sent this new admission documents to the vo because I think they might use it as further leverage to delay and relax in processing

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, pls I need your help. I am new on this platform. I applied for study permit 25th July 2018 with tourists visa application for my daughters for them to accompany me. Their application is linked to mine. Since then nothing from Cic. Still on background check till date. It's almost 10 months. Gcms notes indicated that since my criminality stage was passed in august 2018, nothing else has been done.
Hello Tweetydaln,

Thank you for visiting this thread. I am sorry to hear about your situation. I am not sure we can make any conclusions until we get a feedback from the embassy. I would suggest you be a bit more patient to hear from them.

All the best.

Omofar.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Sochima,

Hope well. Please check your email.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls I need assistance because I have been reject Visa, I need assistance before I reapply
Hello Babajamo1,

How are you, I hope well. Thanks for visiting this thread. I am sorry to hear about your visa refusal.

Now you need assistance, but the first we need to know is why your application was refused, you may be able to post the refusal letter here, and you may also want to apply for the gcms notes, which is a detailed account of why the visa officer refused your application. It is based on these that we may be able to offer advise that will help you address the refusal issues raised.

All the best.

Omofar

Linda Saaman

Jul 5, 2018
Hello Sochima,

Hope well. Please check your email.

All the best.

Omofar
Hey,A friend applied 1may.Got a misrepresentation letter for omitting a refusal to the US on 10 May and asked to reply before 7days or he would be refuse a visa which was replyed on the 15th May and receive a biometric letter 20th May instead of medicals but up till now there’s no response yet..Can you help.Do you think there’s something wrong.