+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Tweetydaln

May 20, 2019
Hi everyone, pls I need your help. I am new on this platform. I applied for study permit 25th July 2018 with tourists visa application for my daughters for them to accompany me. Thier application is linked to mine. Since then nothing from Cic. Still on background check till date. It's almost 10 months. Gcms notes indicated that since my criminality stage was passed in august 2018, nothing else has been done.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, pls I need your help. I am new on this platform. I applied for study permit 25th July 2018 with tourists visa application for my daughters for them to accompany me. Thier application is linked to mine. Since then nothing from Cic. Still on background check till date. It's almost 10 months. Gcms notes indicated that since my criminality stage was passed in august 2018, nothing else has been done.
basic gcms notes do not contain the security information, that is available in cbsa notes

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
There is something am confuse of:

This is my second applications so what are the update should i be expecting because I did medical upfront so medical as be updated pass including biomentric on my first application so on this second applications will they still review the medical again or what are the things they will update me before final result?

May 14, 2019
There is something am confuse of:

This is my second applications so what are the update should i be expecting because I did medical upfront so medical as be updated pass including biomentric on my first application so on this second applications will they still review the medical again or what are the things they will update me before final result?
When did you take your first medical test? Did you upload the e-medical slip for this second application?

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
When did you take your first medical test? Did you upload the e-medical slip for this second application?

On my first application I sumitted it upfront and it was updated pass before i finally got refuse.... what I don't know about is in this second applications what are the things they will update me before final result.. or will they just review it and update me final result ...

May 14, 2019
On my first application I sumitted it upfront and it was updated pass before i finally got refuse.... what I don't know about is in this second applications what are the things they will update me before final result.. or will they just review it and update me final result ...
From my little knowledge, since it’s a new application, the VO handling your case would treat it as a new one and there would be need to review your whole application all over again, i.e your background check, review of eligibility and update your upfront medical again if it is till valid.

Did you submit your application through the online route or paper route? I take it you can access your application online, what is the present status?

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
From my little knowledge, since it’s a new application, the VO handling your case would treat it as a new one and there would be need to review your whole application all over again, i.e your background check, review of eligibility and update your upfront medical again if it is till valid.

Did you submit your application through the online route or paper route? I take it you can access your application online, what is the present status?

I guess so I applied online through agent . I ask the agent he said they have updated medical pass on the first application so they won't update that again. Is there anyone that have applied for the second time?

May 14, 2019
I guess so I applied online through agent . I ask the agent he said they have updated medical pass on the first application so they won't update that again. Is there anyone that have applied for the second time?
Do you have access to view your application online? If yes, check your medical test status. Also ask the agent whether your upfront medical slip was uploaded when you submitted. From past applicants that I know, they uploaded their valid e-medical slip for their reapplication.

In the absence of your upfront medical, If the embassy needs your medical test they will request for it. Keep an eye on your applications status and hope for the best.. It shall end in praise.

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Me as well I applied on the 27th of June 2018 and it's still on background check

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
No I just heard of it (gcms/cbsa notes) today from your post and other posts on this thread.
On what else I have done so far I have filled the webform a lot of times I have sent mails to them (the London office because my online application is being processed there) I have also sent mails to the office in Nigeria Canada and Accra. They respond about 20% of the time and what they say is they are still processing the application I have even filled a webform to complain about their services.
I did upfront medicals and on the status of my application (I check using gckey) it States that I have passed the medicals but all other stages are still being processed. About a month and a half ago the medical part of the status changed to you do not need a medical exam.
Please brief me on how to get gcms and CBSA notes and what it is really about because the only things I know about it are what I read from the internet today
Thanks

Sochima

May 22, 2019
Please reply me
I want to apply for a student permit although I haven't been granted admission but have made several enquiry about Winnipeg University which is my ideal choice they also offer a post graduation work permit (pgwp) And their tuition fee is CAD14,000 annually
I graduated from a secondary school here in Nigeria and wants to further my studies in Canada
My travel and work experience
I have traveled to liberia and Mauritius
In Mauritius I worked for two years given me two years of work experience which was my main source of income cos I made upto 7million naira
Also am the one sponsoring my self with a little support of about CAD10,000 from my uncle. Am 23yrs of age
My question now is there a possibility that I would be accepted and granted a study permit although I finished secondary school 2yrs ago
I want to no b4 I apply for the University and pay the fees
My email benitex255@gmail.com incase you want us to chat privately thanks