+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GET INFORMED SESSION (GIS)

Greetings Fellow Canadian Dreamers,

I pray that all your dreams come true as soon as possible. I will be providing a do it yourself (DIY) tool here called get informed session (GIS) to help you prepare for your study permit application, in the event that you can't be bothered to DIY, then DM me.

Now there are basically two different types of visas. They are Immigrant visas and Non-immigrant Visas. Study permits fall under the latter. Just to give you a little perspective, the current Canadian Study Permit (CSP) approval rates for people applying from Nigeria as at May 2018 was less than 15%. Today, I believe it may have come down to 10% or less. What does that mean, in simple terms, if 1000 people apply for CSP from Nigeria, only 100 will get approved. So it is a serious matter, in the past it was about 50-60% approval rate. Those who understand economics might remember the law of diminishing returns. Its either Nigerians have filled the quotas allocated to us, or in many cases, those that were approved got there and could not really afford the tuition as they alluded to in their applications, some just got the approvals, did not go to school and went on to do other things that violated the rules governing their permits etc. All these data gets back to the embassy through the different schools, the embassy is taking note and adjusting their policies to counter the incidence of fraudulent/frivolous applications. So you must be able to clearly show that you are serious or the embassy will reject your application.

In order to get your Canadian Study Permit (CSP) approved, you must satisfy the VO of 3 major things which are as follows

1. Clear Purpose of Visit.

2. Proof of funds to support item (1).

3. Clear/Demonstrable intention to return to one's own country are the end of item 1.

If you understand these 3 basic concepts and prepare your CSP in accordance to them, your chances of getting your study permit approved are much more higher than just a blind faith application.

In the coming days I will talk about each of these 3 components separately, and hopefully help you with some insight I have learnt over the years that has helped me to be successful with numerous applications.

Have a nice weekend, I wish you all the best.

Omofar

Last edited:

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

When writing SOP after a refusal, do I start writing why I chose Canada, the school and the course..... or just explain only the points from the refusal reasons
Yhello again.

The VO does not really have time for stories, he/she has many applications to go through. Your best bet is to address the issues raised in the refusal letter, and provide perhaps new evidence in addition to the previous ones submitted to refute the claims made against you. You response should not be more than a page or two at most.

All the best.

Omofar

Bricekemayou

May 8, 2019
It means they are still reviewing your application and are yet to make a decision. Once they do, they will get back in touch with you.

Let's know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar
Can i go ahead and pay the fees while waiting a reply!?

Bingie

May 1, 2019
Hello Omofar..please must one’s sponsor state the specific amount he/ she is sponsoring you with in the sponsorship letter?

FNO

Dec 28, 2018
I pray for approval of my application. I think you are referring to the person that i commented on his/her post.
I still pray for favour to guide mine.

Thanks.

Prayer is good. However prayer without proper preparation is Useless..If prayer without preparation was useful, we will not all be here trying to go to another man's country, prayer would have solved all our problems, but God will not do what we are supposed to do for ourselves for us. So here are my suggestions in addition to prayers

1. Read and understand the reason for the refusal of your application.

2. Appropriately address the issues raised, if you can't do this by yourself get in touch with a proper agent who knows what they are doing.

3. Prepare you documentation properly and submit.

4. Then you can start praying for favour.

All the best.

Omofar

Graceny

May 18, 2019
Hi Omofar, I have heard alot about your good works on other forums. Please I need your guidance. I am about to apply for study permit.

I am 39yrs old, With two masters degree in law from Nigerian universities. I have a registered cake/ event management company since 2013. I gained admission to a college in Ontario for event management ( 1 yr PGC). I have 7m in my account also planning to stay at my cousin's place not far from the college she has written to that effect. I have a landedproperty which I have evaluated planning to include it and to also state that my husband and children (oldest 9yrs) are not accompanying. Any insight on how to convince the VO to grant me the permit?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Omofar, I have heard alot about your good works on other forums. Please I need your guidance. I am about to apply for study permit.

I am 39yrs old, With two masters degree in law from Nigerian universities. I have a registered cake/ event management company since 2013. I gained admission to a college in Ontario for event management ( 1 yr PGC). I have 7m in my account also planning to stay at my cousin's place not far from the college she has written to that effect. I have a landedproperty which I have evaluated planning to include it and to also state that my husband and children (oldest 9yrs) are not accompanying. Any insight on how to convince the VO to grant me the permit?
Greetings!

Thank you for visiting this thread and your kind compliments. Your profile looks good on paper, your age can be tricky, but if I will need a bit more background to your situation. Kindly DM me.

All the best.

Omofar

Graceny

May 18, 2019
Greetings!

Thank you for visiting this thread and your kind compliments. Your profile looks good on paper, your age can be tricky, but if I will need a bit more background to your situation. Kindly DM me.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you I will now

Bingie

May 1, 2019
.Hello Omofar..Good evening.please must one’s sponsor state the specific amount he/ she is sponsoring you with in the sponsorship letter?.could please clarify this for me.thank you

OnuwaXta

May 19, 2019
GET INFORMED SESSION (GIS)

Greetings Fellow Canadian Dreamers,

I pray that all your dreams come true as soon as possible. I will be providing a do it yourself (DIY) tool here called get informed session (GIS) to help you prepare for your study permit application, in the event that you can't be bothered to DIY, then DM me.

Now there are basically two different types of visas. They are Immigrant visas and Non-immigrant Visas. Study permits fall under the latter. Just to give you a little perspective, the current Canadian Study Permit (CSP) approval rates for people applying from Nigeria as at May 2018 was less than 15%. Today, I believe it may have come down to 10% or less. What does that mean, in simple terms, if 1000 people apply for CSP from Nigeria, only 100 will get approved. So it is a serious matter, in the past it was about 50-60% approval rate. Those who understand economics might remember the law of diminishing returns. Its either Nigerians have filled the quotas allocated to us, or in many cases, those that were approved got there and could not really afford the tuition as they alluded to in their applications, some just got the approvals, did not go to school and went on to do other things that violated the rules governing their permits etc. All these data gets back to the embassy through the different schools, the embassy is taking note and adjusting their policies to counter the incidence of fraudulent/frivolous applications. So you must be able to clearly show that you are serious or the embassy will reject your application.

In order to get your Canadian Study Permit (CSP) approved, you must satisfy the VO of 3 major things which are as follows

1. Clear Purpose of Visit.

2. Proof of funds to support item (1).

3. Clear/Demonstrable intention to return to one's own country are the end of item 1.

If you understand these 3 basic concepts and prepare your CSP in accordance to them, your chances of getting your study permit approved are much more higher than just a blind faith application.

In the coming days I will talk about each of these 3 components separately, and hopefully help you with some insight I have learnt over the years that has helped me to be successful with numerous applications.

Have a nice weekend, I wish you all the best.

Omofar
Good morning Omofar,
Thanks for all your support and swift responds... Am new here and I intend studying in Canada come 2020, well am 32 , single also an HND holder . I have years of work experience but presently am in a fashion school. My question is , what are the chances of getting study permit and how do I go about it .

PS : No travel experience and I was once denied US visa in 2018. Do I stand a chance ??? Or is there any way you can assist ? .

Thanks as I await your response

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Hello Omofar..Good evening.please must one’s sponsor state the specific amount he/ she is sponsoring you with in the sponsorship letter?.could please clarify this for me.thank you
Hello Bingie,

I hope well.

What gives a sponsorship letter value, credence, or what makes it compelling? The answer in INTENT...

The sponsorship letter has no value if there is no clear intent to actually sponsor an applicant. You can write anything you want in a letter, if it does not demonstrate enough INTENT to convince the VO, then its a waste of ink, paper and time.

Does your sponsor truly have the INTENTion to support you or is he/she just writing meaningless words on a piece of paper?

If he/she is willing to support your studies, what has he/she done to demonstrate this other than writing words on a piece of paper?

Ponder on this..

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: MrOhizzy

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning Omofar,
Thanks for all your support and swift responds... Am new here and I intend studying in Canada come 2020, well am 32 , single also an HND holder . I have years of work experience but presently am in a fashion school. My question is , what are the chances of getting study permit and how do I go about it .

PS : No travel experience and I was once denied US visa in 2018. Do I stand a chance ??? Or is there any way you can assist ? .

Thanks as I await your response
Dear OnuwaXta,

I hope well. Thank you for visiting this thread.

I hope well. In economics there is what is called demand and effective demand. Demand is simply just desire to do something, Effective Demand is the desire to do something and the availability of required resources to translate those desires into reality.

Based on evaluation of your post, you seem to be expressing demand. You did not mention any steps you have taken to pursue these dreams of your yours. Whether you have obtained admission, what program, if your current program of interest matches what you did for your HND etc.
Your age is a bit tricky, lack of travel experience and US visa denial are not good attributes. You might need to critical assess your current situation to see whether this is the right plan for you. I will have to look more deeply into your circumstances, before I can give a final position on what your chances may be on getting an approval. I am sorry I do not have better news for you at this time.

All the best.

Omofar

OnuwaXta

May 19, 2019
Dear OnuwaXta,

I hope well. In economics there is what is called demand and effective demand. Demand is simply just desire to do something, Effective Demand is the desire to do something and the availability of required resources to translate those desires into reality.

Based on evaluation of your post, you seem to be expressing demand. You did not mention any steps you have taken to pursue these dreams of your yours. Whether you have obtained admission, what program, if your current program of interest matches what you did for your HND etc.
Your age is a bit tricky, lack of travel experience and US visa denial are not good attributes. You might need to critical assess your current situation to see whether this is the right plan for you. I will have to look more deeply into your circumstances, before I can give a final position on what your chances may be on getting an approval. I am sorry I do not have better news for you at this time.

All the best.

Omofar
Thanks for the reply .
I have Upper credit in Business administration and intend to do a 2 years Diploma program in business administration. I haven’t apply yet for currently waiting for
Dear OnuwaXta,

All the best.

Omofar
Thanks for the reply .
I have Upper credit in Business administration and intend to do a 2 years Diploma program in Business Administrations (Human Resources Management) in College of North Atlantic (CNA) for 2020 January Intake .
Am yet to apply because I need more information before applying so as to get it right ..

Thanks