+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Angel1297

Jun 5, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Good day omofar am Angelica and am 23yrs old and I just finished my BA in mass communications and came out with gp 2.1 . Am interested in doing my masters degree in Canada and I need to study with scholarships how possible is that cos I don’t really have sponsors or minus the scholarship what is the cheapest school I can actually do my masters degree without paying much. Thanks

eberechi1994

Jun 5, 2019
I left sec school 2011 and am 25yrs old since then I have been into solar panel installation and maintenance but now I want to study in Canada, what is my chances of getting study permit

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings Everyone,

My sincere apologies for not responding to your queries yet, I have been quite busy. I promise to respond to all pending queries that were posted at the beginning of this week.

Kind regards.

Omofar

darktender

Jun 6, 2019
Good morning, i just finished my nysc and i want to go for my masters in canada, i have a sponsor. i just want to know the necessary requirement and if ielts is compulsory.

Last edited:

Bricekemayou

May 8, 2019
Hello I applied for study permit on March and this is the email the embassy sent me
Good day
Thanks for your correspondence,
Please be informed that we are experiencing a technical hitch. Your response will be sent in the coming days.
Hoping that the information above is satisfactory.
For how long should I still wait for an update?
What was your visa office please!?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls, I applied for a student permit. These are my details
I'm 21 with no travel history currently done with Nysc. Studied comp sci
Got accepted to a college in Canada for a database developer course
Fully paid my sch fees for a year
My uncle is the sponsor who is a lawyer
Now he only gave me his bank statement (which is a usd acct)and a letter of sponsorsip with his identification. I just want to know if I'm on the right track
Hello Romeo34,

Thanks for visiting this thread. Based on face value of your post, it appears you are on the right track. I wish you all the best.

Please lets know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello I applied for study permit on March and this is the email the embassy sent me
Good day
Thanks for your correspondence,
Please be informed that we are experiencing a technical hitch. Your response will be sent in the coming days.
Hoping that the information above is satisfactory.
For how long should I still wait for an update?
Hello Naidecasser,

Hope well, thanks for visiting this thread.

When you apply for anything with the Canadian embassy, you must have a lot of patience. Please wait, continuous contact with the embassy will not fast track your application, as a matter of fact it will send an indication of desperation and could adversely affect your application outcome.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Naidevasser

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Asking on behalf of my brother. His employer is sponsoring him for Masters degree program.Total tuition is about $36,000. He just got denied for the reasons below. He has about $7000 in his personal account and the sponsor has over $50,000 in the company account. Tuition was not paid but $500 was paid to accept admission that goes towards the tuition. He wants to reapply, what can he do so that he won't be refused again?

Also, as his sister, can I support his application with my Canadian accounts as backup? Will this cause any harm?

Thanks

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada
Hello 7fifty,

Thanks for visiting this thread, hope well.

I mentioned many times on this thread that showing bank statement is not sufficient. The relationship of your sponsor is also a very important thing to consider. The VO will be wondering why the company will be willing to invest so much on an employee, what does the business stand to gain, what is the justification for doing so. Furthermore, they claimed to want to sponsor the applicant without even paying for the tuition, all these will raise a red flag with the embassy. He has a serious matter with proof of funding, and I do not really think it is worth while applying for a Canadian study permit if the prospective applicant does not have a credible sponsor. Not just any body or any company can sponsor an applicant.

I will advise the person to calm down, apply for the gcms notes, and address all the issues raised by the VO.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar.

Reactions: MrOhizzy

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I’m Blessing from Nigeria. I just got admission into University of Windsor with $16,000 funding for my LLM. I graduated with 4.37/5 from Unilag. I’m to resume by fall 2019.
I have a brother who’s in US that is willing to pay the remaining part of the fees and my parents for the living expenses. My field is on corporate governance and I have been working at a law firm and pursing a professional course. The pay of the law firm is 40k monthly but I’m to resume another in July for 150k I’m 23 years old.

Just want to know the documents I need to submit and what I need to get the visa.

Please help.
Hello Blema,

I hope well, thanks for visiting this thread.

You have an excellent CV and profile. I would advise you defer the admission if you can, take the new job offer and plan to resume next. Having work experience will add a lot of merit to your account. With regards to your funding issues, I will advise your brother in the US make the payment so that you are not owing any money for tuition. Your parents should write a strong letter of support and show the proof of their income e.g bank statements, payslips, tax clearance etc. Once you put in your application properly, you should get your visa.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I left sec school 2011 and am 25yrs old since then I have been into solar panel installation and maintenance but now I want to study in Canada, what is my chances of getting study permit
Hello Ebebrechi1994,

Hope well. I am sorry to say you should not bother applying for a Canadian study permit, you will find it very difficult to give a compelling reason to show the many years gap in your academics.

All the best.

Omofar

Blema

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello Blema,

I hope well, thanks for visiting this thread.

You have an excellent CV and profile. I would advise you defer the admission if you can, take the new job offer and plan to resume next. Having work experience will add a lot of merit to your account. With regards to your funding issues, I will advise your brother in the US make the payment so that you are not owing any money for tuition. Your parents should write a strong letter of support and show the proof of their income e.g bank statements, payslips, tax clearance etc. Once you put in your application properly, you should get your visa.

All the best.

Omofar
I tried to defer but the school refused and advised me to apply for visa, that it’s only when I get rejected that I can defer. So my hands are literally tied. I don’t know what to do and I have limited time.

Naidevasser

May 7, 2019
Hello Naidecasser,

Hope well, thanks for visiting this thread.

When you apply for anything with the Canadian embassy, you must have a lot of patience. Please wait, continuous contact with the embassy will not fast track your application, as a matter of fact it will send an indication of desperation and could adversely affect your application outcome.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar
Thanks Omofar but this is frustrating, I applied for may intake so i had to defer to sept intake, since i applied i haven't heard from Nairobi embassy not even medical request and sept is near

Ayeni babajide

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Thanks Omofar but this is frustrating, I applied for may intake so i had to defer to sept intake, since i applied i haven't heard from Nairobi embassy not even medical request and sept is near
Same with me I applied in March had to defer my may admission to September still nothing out of 13 weeks