+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Sstar

Nov 14, 2019
Please help me, I was denied visa based on purpose of visit and family ties, how can I make my Sop stronger in reapplying

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Please help me, I was denied visa based on purpose of visit and family ties, how can I make my Sop stronger in reapplying
When your purpose is not clinically defined then family ties becomes a default. Post your full time line so that we can address it. What cause are u going for and on which level of education. What was ur previous qualification and work experience. How will the course benefit u tomorrow. If the above is well in line then it could be how u explained it in ur sop

Bmtt

Feb 28, 2020
advice needed,my company wants to sponsor me to Canada for one year diploma course in film directing which is related to my work in the company and I have submitted my documents to Newfoundland university yesterday,waiting for admission, and I’m 21
ps.i finished sec school 2012,then went into skills learning (photography and video editing ) now they want me to start directing musical videos ,please what are my chances to Canada or should I look elsewhere thanks

Bekee

Feb 24, 2020
It's not because they now like us, it is simply because of the Coronavirus.

Their major focus had been Asian applicants, but now that the region is being devastated by the virus, they need to look elsewhere to make up for the short fall... Where else will they look, which other country's applicants can meet the stringent study permit requirements without govt funding or scholarships? Only Nigerians!!!!!!

Them no get choice again. Lol

Dia fadaaa :p:p:p;)
Good to hear

ClusterV

Feb 29, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am happy to hear that rate of approvals is increasing for Nigerian applicants. Please note that Corona or No-Corona virus, you must ensure that your application still meets and possibly exceeds the minimum acceptable requirement for study permit approval.

So if you are unable to either of the following;

1. Demonstrate a clear purpose of visit

2. Demonstrate sufficient and compelling capacity to fund your studies

3. Demonstrate a clear intention to return to your home country

4. Demonstrate clear job prospects upon your return

Your application will be refused.

All the best in the new year.

Cheers

Omofar
Good evening Omofar,

Please do you have a sample statement of purpose you can share that demonstrates an intention to return to Nigeria?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening Omofar,

Please do you have a sample statement of purpose you can share that demonstrates an intention to return to Nigeria?
Please look through the thread, I have a post on how to write a simple, but effective SOP.

All the best.

Omofar

Tuch

Mar 11, 2019
Hello, am trying to apply fot a study permit for my to go study in canada but she has her HND in computer engineering already, dont know how to go about it

Tuch

Mar 11, 2019
Hello, i want to apply fot study permit for my wife, but she has done her HND program in computer engineering and she us 25yrs old, dont know how to go about it

@eminence

Mar 5, 2020
Admission letter say tuition fee for a year is about $18000 and that was what I paid. I am thinking maybe I should pay additional $22k and I will also apply for gcms notes. The money is from my aunt and husband and like I said in the letter of explanation I live since I was a toddler and they have been my sponsor.
This is really ridiculous that you got refused on these grounds. probably you SOP and supporting documents didn't justify your claims.
Did you attach photocopies of your previous visa foils in your passport to countries you claimed to have visited? Where you given a letter of sponsorship from you aunt?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, recently, applications of international students wishing to study in Canada are heavily denied especially for African countries. You can even read the report below:

https://www.universityworldnews.com/post.php?story=20190918083843313
Many are not applying with the proper qualifications or finances and are clearly only applying for immigration purposes. The other issue is there have been many who arrive and claim asylum. There are still people that are getting accepted especially if they are pursuing university education or other advanced degrees especially in tech.

damiix

Mar 5, 2020
I’m married and have a child, I will be 27 June. Got admission to Algonquin college for advanced diploma in computer engineering technology-computer science. After completing my BSc in computer science at a university in Cotonou 2017. Completed NYSC 2019. Paid the 1st semester tuition fee. And my father is the sponsor for the program in Canada. I’m about the applied to the Canada study permit. I intent to go alone. Leaving my family behind as part of intent to return. My question are

1. What are the chance of the visa
  2. What are the purpose and step I should take to get the visa.

Toyosi08

Nov 2, 2019
Applied for a study permit to canada on the 27th of November 2019 and got a response on the 29th of January stating that my bank statement wasn't genuine so i had go to my bank to request that they send my bank statement directly to the embassy and after that, i got a mail yesterday requesting i go for a medical examination. please does that mean i have a good chance of getting my visa approved?

Reactions: Sky00797

Laporshe

Feb 26, 2020
Hello admin,

i'm done with my B.Sc and want to go for my masters in canada pls can you help me with a link/site where i can check for the cheapest universities in canada and their programs/fees.

Thanks.