+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To the glory of God, another success story, yet another success story. two just today. Wohoooo.. so happy for these people. They all contacted me here.

1st Online Submission : September 10th 2019
Correspondent Letter : October 10th 2019
Refusal Letter : October 10th 2019

2nd Online Submission : January 7th 2020

Original Passport Request Letter : February 19th 2020
Visa Stamped : Awaiting

Resumption Date : September 2020

Something is happening with IRCC, maybe the new immigration minister, I don't know, and I frankly don't care...

All the best!

Omofar

Reactions: Sky00797

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Omofar you have not responded to my threads. Boss I need ur help
Perhaps I may have analysed your info and feel you may not qualify... Send me a DM and let me know the situation, I will advise if I can be involved with your application.

Cheers

Omofar

thatniceboy

Aug 29, 2019
Hello guys i got my study permit application approved today i applied on Jan 30 and my approval letter today .......it was a paper application it came out so fast .
I am a 17 year old ...i applied to the university of regina and here are my documents
-letter of acceptance from school
-Letter of sponsorship from dad with a bank statement of 12M .
-Perious travel stamps from U.k and U.S
-NASA space camp certificates
-Certificates ,medals and awards from school
-Police character report
-medical test report
-reference letter from workplace of dad(No payslip involved)
-Group photo from nasa space camp
-property documents from dad
-My statement of purpose letter 4 pages long .......even tho i was tld a page is enough

AND HERE I AM TODAY 16 days later i got my visa approved -GOD BE THE GLORY

Reactions: MrOhizzy and Omofar

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hello guys i got my study permit application approved today i applied on Jan 30 and my approval letter today .......it was a paper application it came out so fast .
I am a 17 year old ...i applied to the university of regina and here are my documents
-letter of acceptance from school
-Letter of sponsorship from dad with a bank statement of 12M .
-Perious travel stamps from U.k and U.S
-NASA space camp certificates
-Certificates ,medals and awards from school
-Police character report
-medical test report
-reference letter from workplace of dad(No payslip involved)
-Group photo from nasa space camp
-property documents from dad
-My statement of purpose letter 4 pages long .......even tho i was tld a page is enough

AND HERE I AM TODAY 16 days later i got my visa approved -GOD BE THE GLORY
Congratulations on your approval.
lol at your emphasis about the NASA photo etc.

I think your application was more realistic regarding your age and intention to study. Also your sponsor checked out because you can’t obviously sponsor yourself at 17 or have property ties.

Congratulations again and I hope you make your time in Canada worthwhile

Reactions: Omofar

thatniceboy

Aug 29, 2019
my

I think your application was more realistic regarding your age and intention to study. Also your sponsor checked out because you can’t obviously sponsor yourself at 17 or have property ties.

my question now is i m the only one going nd my school is resuming by may 1 for spring nd i would be 18 by may 10 ....Do i need a accompany or custodian

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my

my question now is i m the only one going nd my school is resuming by may 1 for spring nd i would be 18 by may 10 ....Do i need a accompany or custodian
If you needed custodian, the embassy would not have approved your TRV. The adult age in Saskatchewan is probably 18, so by the time you get there you would not require a custodian.

Cheers

Omofar

Kammi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Beside the general reason of Canada reducing our approval rate, the other reason why we dont see Nigerians post approval like other nationality in other group is because once a typical Nigerian receive appproval he will not come here to update us, he will start avoiding even his close friends and some relatives for stupid reasons. you will not see him again.But once a Nigerian get refusal he will post it in alll group that he is a member. I was at the lagos airport today and saw good number of Nigerians who are going for January intake, then i began to wonder who approved their visas.
Post your application final decision for others to learn from u or get encouraged.

Our sister that applied from dubai pls do update us as we are praying for u.
Exactly most Nigerians his information a lot.

MrOhizzy

Feb 10, 2020
Hello Omafor,

Stated below are my current situation:

1) B.Sc Computer Science graduate 2014
2) Conditional offer from Douglas College 2yrs Computing & Information Systems(PBD) and advised paying for 1st semester CAD7529.27 for LOA
3) Brother in the USA willing to pay the CAD7529.27 but can't act as a sponsor due to insufficient funds.
4) Want to use My Uncle who already acted as my sponsor when I traveled to INDIA for a 1year Professional course in Computer Networking (CISCO precisely) 2015-2016
5) Currently working for a Money Remittance company from 2017 till date as Client Service Associate

Questions:
1) Can my Brother pay for my 1st semester directly or have him send the funds to my Nigerian account and I make the payment?
2) Can my Uncle still act as my sponsor or I have him send the funds to my Account?
3) Is it advisable if I have two uncles act as my sponsor " one from Dad and one from Mum"?

I'll appreciate all the advice I can get on how to provide a killer application profile since my parents aren't boxed up enough to sponsor me.

Regards.

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hello Omafor,

2) Conditional offer from Douglas College 2yrs Computing & Information Systems(PBD) and advised paying for 1st semester CAD7529.27 for LOA
3) Brother in the USA willing to pay the CAD7529.27 but can't act as a sponsor due to insufficient funds.
4) Want to use My Uncle who already acted as my sponsor when I traveled to INDIA for a 1year Professional course in Computer Networking (CISCO precisely) 2015-2016
5) Currently working for a Money Remittance company from 2017 till date as Client Service Associate

Questions:
1) Can my Brother pay for my 1st semester directly or have him send the funds to my Nigerian account and I make the payment?
2) Can my Uncle still act as my sponsor or I have him send the funds to my Account?
3) Is it advisable if I have two uncles act as my sponsor " one from Dad and one from Mum"?

I'll appreciate all the advice I can get on how to provide a killer application profile since my parents aren't boxed up enough to sponsor me.

Regards.
Hi,

Do you mind reading up previous threads?
You would get the specific answer to this question .

Also I think people should figure out their sponsors before even starting a uni application. You can’t go to a war without checking if you’ve got enough bullets for your guns.

Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omafor,

Questions:

Regards.
Hi,

Thanks for visiting this thread. Few things very quickly,

1. Don't bother applying if you cannot afford it. Funding is very crucial.

2. If you cannot personally afford to fund your studies, then you must present a credible sponsor, the people you have listed so far do not appear credible in my mind.

3. Funding is not the only thing to consider, your previous travel history, family ties to Nigeria, employment prospects etc.

Based on your post and at surface level, it does not look like you can get approved, you need to read through the thread as suggested by @Sky00797 , so you can assess your self personally.

All the best.

Omofar

Rosiee

Aug 7, 2019
Please how can I write a strong sop proving that I'll return after study, have enough finance and purpose of study...I'm in a medical course but intend to study nursing

Benjena

May 28, 2019
@thatniceboy @Omofar congratulations for your recent approvals. Not only in this group, in other groups alot of Nigerians are gradually getting approvals left and right. It seems something deferent is happening at cic