+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for a study permit to canada on the 27th of November 2019 and got a response on the 29th of January stating that my bank statement wasn't genuine so i had go to my bank to request that they send my bank statement directly to the embassy and after that, i got a mail yesterday requesting i go for a medical examination. please does that mean i have a good chance of getting my visa approved?
Yes..

Congratulations in Advance, as long as you don't fail the medical exam.

Cheers

Omofar

Reactions: Toyosi08 and Bukks

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hello admin,

i'm done with my B.Sc and want to go for my masters in canada pls can you help me with a link/site where i can check for the cheapest universities in canada and their programs/fees.

Thanks.
Google “low tuition universities for masters in Canada for international students”
You will find loads of links from the results

All the best

Reactions: Omofar

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Applied for a study permit to canada on the 27th of November 2019 and got a response on the 29th of January stating that my bank statement wasn't genuine so i had go to my bank to request that they send my bank statement directly to the embassy and after that, i got a mail yesterday requesting i go for a medical examination. please does that mean i have a good chance of getting my visa approved?
Possibly.
There’s a high chance of getting a Yes.

Kindly come back here to share the good news.
All the best

Reactions: Toyosi08 and Omofar

Qurious

Feb 14, 2020
Omofar,
I am worried about my Waec result. I have have been given admission to fraser international college to study computer science .After first year, I will transfer to simon fraser university upon meeting the gpa requirement.
Waec result:

Math A1
English B3
Physics A1
Chemistry A1
Biology B2
Furthermathematics A1
Civic A1
Fishery B2
Computer studies D7!!!!
Do you think a d7 in computer studies will hurt my chances of getting a Visa. I have a logical explanation about my grade. Should I include it in my sop?

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Omofar,
I am worried about my Waec result. I have have been given admission to fraser international college to study computer science .After first year, I will transfer to simon fraser university upon meeting the gpa requirement.
Waec result:

Math A1
English B3
Physics A1
Chemistry A1
Biology B2
Furthermathematics A1
Civic A1
Fishery B2
Computer studies D7!!!!
Do you think a d7 in computer studies will hurt my chances of getting a Visa. I have a logical explanation about my grade. Should I include it in my sop?
I gues it is because your going for computer science that is why they are giving u conditional admission, if had gone for another course you will not be in that seat since your waec is very good

Qurious

Feb 14, 2020
My agent actually applied directly to fraser international college. I wasn't given a conditional admission. If I had applied by myself, I would have gotten admission directly to the university. I still want to know if that d7 is going to hurt my visa chances. So, I can try to explain it in my sop.Remember, I intend to study computer science
Thank you for your response

Reactions: Nedhero

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hello,
Greetings,
Omofar you are doing a really great job here helping people.
Please I need to speak with you personally
I would like you to handle my application personally
Please can I have your contact or email.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omofar,
Waec result:

Math A1
English B3
Physics A1
Chemistry A1
Biology B2
Furthermathematics A1
Civic A1
Fishery B2
Computer studies D7!!!!
You people like complicating things for your self.. The embassy has nothing to do with your qualifications, as long you have admission that is all that the embassy needs to see... Please read through the entire thread, I have ever talked about your qualifications being a requirement for visa approval... You need to show the visa officer 3 major things, your admission to a DLI, your ability to pay for your tuition and your intention to return.

Cheers

Omofar

Reactions: MrOhizzy

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My agent actually applied directly to fraser international college. I wasn't given a conditional admission. If I had applied by myself, I would have gotten admission directly to the university. I still want to know if that d7 is going to hurt my visa chances. So, I can try to explain it in my sop.Remember, I intend to study computer science
Thank you for your response
WAEC result alone even if it's all A1 cannot get you into any undergraduate program in SFU... The standard in Canada is extremely high, unless you did Cambridge A'Levels or IB you cannot get into any university in BC with just WAEC, the standard is too high compared to our yeye WAEC.... Your agent must have known this and applied to the College for you.

Cheers

Omofar

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
WAEC result alone even if it's all A1 cannot get you into any undergraduate program in SFU... The standard in Canada is extremely high, unless you did Cambridge A'Levels or IB you cannot get into any university in BC with just WAEC, the standard is too high compared to our yeye WAEC.... Your agent must have known this and applied to the College for you.

Cheers

Omofar
Sure Mr omofar you are damn right that's why it's always good to like follow your agent along on everything...even if he tells you he wants to apply to a school you have not heard of ur responsibility is to go back and make avid reserch on the school....which am sure if you did Mr quirous you would have found 1 or 2 things about it....and you don't really need it for visa....but you have to include it in your application to show them you graduated high school with those grades.

BoluOla

Mar 4, 2017
Hi @Omofar,

Thank you for starting this thread. I got admission into Sheridan College to study Human Resources PGD, I have a Bachelor's in Microbiology but I am presently working in the HR field remotely for a Canadian company. I have CAD$30,000. How do my prospects look especially with proving number 3 in the requirements to the VO?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019
Good day @Omofar
Can I use a family friend(my dad business partner) as a sponsor, since he will provide a letter of sponsorship, or how much fund is required to use a USA PR/citizen Bank statement