+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit approved after 3 refusals

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
Hello guys,

I got my visa refusal two days ago and it is highly devastating since my profile was very strong.

I already have BSc in Biotechnology (cgpa 3.96), Ielts 8.0 and I have the final offer letter for Advanced diploma in biotechnology (fast track). Now I am thinking of reapplying and taking another chance since there are still 6 weeks left until my semester starts in January.

But I don't know what or how to write my SOP this time. Can anyone PLEASE help? PLEASEEEEEE. This is why I was refused:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I showed enough financial assets, travel history everything is OK. I am sure of all this because I applied for my brother and he go this approval but his was for BSc.

Everything I put was really strong and I think the main reason for refusal is my SOP. So can anyone please guide me a little??

Do I need to address these issues in one SOP when I reapply? PLEASE HELP.

Last edited:

Yelnats

Nov 22, 2019
Hey. It gives me some confidence after reading your story. Anyway, these were the reasons given for my refusal. Could you please help me?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your level of establishment, financial ability and I am not satisfied you are a genuine student and that you will depart Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

Thank you.
Hi I really don’t know if this is late but ... I was reading your post and was inspired, apparently, I recently got a refusal this with almost same reason as you
Subsection 216(1) based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. I am not sure you would leave at the end of your stay ..

how do I go about it ?

Tjacob

Oct 27, 2019
Hello guys,

I got my visa refusal two days ago and it is highly devastating since my profile was very strong.

I already have BSc in Biotechnology (cgpa 3.96), Ielts 8.0 and I have the final offer letter for Advanced diploma in biotechnology (fast track). Now I am thinking of reapplying and taking another chance since there are still 6 weeks left until my semester starts in January.

But I don't know what or how to write my SOP this time. Can anyone PLEASE help? PLEASEEEEEE. This is why I was refused:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I showed enough financial assets, travel history everything is OK. I am sure of all this because I applied for my brother and he go this approval but his was for BSc.

Everything I put was really strong and I think the main reason for refusal is my SOP. So can anyone please guide me a little??

Do I need to address these issues in one SOP when I reapply? PLEASE HELP.

I got rejection with the same exact comments.Are you an expat working in dubai?

Tjacob

Oct 27, 2019
No I am a student, I graduated from university here in the uae. Idk what to write in my sop now. What is your plan?
I am resident of kuwait working here.what i have seen, all expats working outside home country have recieved the same comments.i am planning to shift my admission to next may and apply for caips note.What about you?

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
I am thinking of fixing my sop, justifying the refusal reasons in detail and then reapplying again.

I just need some advice on how to write a strong sop after refusal.

arvindman

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Hello everyone,
As you can see in the title, I applied total 4 times for Canadian study permit from February 2019 to July 2019. They refused my study permit 3 times. Last 2 were refused with the same reason : purpose of visit.
My profile wasn't so strong. 12th: 46%
Bachelors : 50%
Current topup degree (Final year of another bachelor's degree) 63% (Didn't even receive my degree certificate of second degree when I applied, I received it after visa approval)
Ielts: 7.5 no less than 7
I ordered GCMS NOTES after my first refusal and tried to understand from the reasons given for refusal and tried to write a new statement of Purpose, but even after that, they rejected it twice.
With several rejections and studying my old statement of Purpose, I slowly started understanding what visa officer is actually looking for in your application. I wrote a statement of purpose of 5 pages (it's too much, isn't it) with every detailed information and within 2 weeks, I got visa approval. So I want to tell everyone who is thinking to give up after 1 or 2 rejections even after having a strong case, just don't. Don't give up. If your academic and ielts score are good, have sufficient funds, work on your statement of Purpose. Write what they want to read. Need some help? I will help you without charging anything unlike consultants since I would be more than happy if I can help you achieve your dreams.
Hi, congratulations for Visa (although I am very late).
Your case is very inspiring for many in queue .
My profile is extremely weak, may you advice-i really need a strong sop to get results.
Iam bachelor degree holder with only 55% . Having 12 years of gap post study makes the case further delicate.
Although since12 years continuously working. No break
Pls suggest how to prepare SOP?
My email address is arvindman@gmail.com

Jinku baskar

Apr 19, 2019
Hello everyone,
As you can see in the title, I applied total 4 times for Canadian study permit from February 2019 to July 2019. They refused my study permit 3 times. Last 2 were refused with the same reason : purpose of visit.
My profile wasn't so strong. 12th: 46%
Bachelors : 50%
Current topup degree (Final year of another bachelor's degree) 63% (Didn't even receive my degree certificate of second degree when I applied, I received it after visa approval)
Ielts: 7.5 no less than 7
I ordered GCMS NOTES after my first refusal and tried to understand from the reasons given for refusal and tried to write a new statement of Purpose, but even after that, they rejected it twice.
With several rejections and studying my old statement of Purpose, I slowly started understanding what visa officer is actually looking for in your application. I wrote a statement of purpose of 5 pages (it's too much, isn't it) with every detailed information and within 2 weeks, I got visa approval. So I want to tell everyone who is thinking to give up after 1 or 2 rejections even after having a strong case, just don't. Don't give up. If your academic and ielts score are good, have sufficient funds, work on your statement of Purpose. Write what they want to read. Need some help? I will help you without charging anything unlike consultants since I would be more than happy if I can help you achieve your dreams.
Hello, will you please forward your sop for reference. This is my email ID: jinkubaskar@gmail.com