+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Applications from Turkey Here

natase

Oct 2, 2020
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
AINP
I will book one-way ticket. I don't think it would be a problem. What do you think?

By the way, do you plan to go to Canada while your course delivery is online?

I plan to go there by the end of my second semester around March/April. It is fully online learning due to covid.
I don't know if there is a problem with one way or not that's why I'm asking.

actually you can travel anytime, but I advise you travel soon and get your study permit from the point of entry. also studying online will be much better in Canada, since you won't have problem with time difference.

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Sorry, I don't know what LOI means. Is this the LOI?

Yes this is the Letter of Introduction (LOI). You will present this letter at the border, and then immigration officier will print study permit counterfoil to your passport.

I heard some rumors that Ankara office didn't send LOIs immediately but if you received this letter, it look false. Thank you for clarification. :)

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Yes this is the Letter of Introduction (LOI). You will present this letter at the border, and then immigration officier will print study permit counterfoil to your passport.

I heard some rumors that Ankara office didn't send LOIs immediately but if you received this letter, it look false. Thank you for clarification. :)
I don't know whether the process has changed but as far as I know that Visa Application Center will print my counterfoil on my passport and then immigration officer at the border will give me this paper(2 page/student and work permit). This was the process in 2017.

Reactions: ohbruh

karatekamil

Sep 7, 2020
I don't know whether the process has changed but as far as I know that Visa Application Center will print my counterfoil on my passport and then immigration officer at the border will give me this paper(2 page/student and work permit). This was the process in 2017.
Congratulations again !

Is your permit type " WP"? I think it means study permit with work permit. Mine is like that since mys study program is with CO_OP opportunity.
if it is WP type, they gave work permit paper then back in 2017, is that correct?

Thanks

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Congratulations again !

Is your permit type " WP"? I think it means study permit with work permit. Mine is like that since mys study program is with CO_OP opportunity.
if it is WP type, they gave work permit paper then back in 2017, is that correct?

Thanks
Thank you :)

Yes, my permit type is WP and my counterfoil category is SW-1 (student work permit) due to CO-OP program. They will give those paper at the border

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
is it possible to be rejected if you don't get OPR with your BVL ? i received BVL yesterday and nothing else.

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi everyone, I just got Opr.
Applied on September 2, for January intake, regular, no AIP
Gave bio on Sept 16
Eligibility started on September 18
One ghost update on October 6
BVL on December 1st
OPR on December 2nd
Uni was added to list on November 3.
Guys if I get my visa now and then defer my intake from winter to summer, is it going to be oki? I'm sending my passport for visa stamp tomorrow and want to defer to sumer. Is this much delay oki?

hdiana

Aug 4, 2020
Hi friends,

I'm from Indonesia, applied for my study permit in August until now the status still Submitted.
Until now I don't even have a chance to get my biometric due to the VAC in my country is remains closed until an uncertain time.

Is anyone knows how many steps of the decision-making process to get a study visa
Please correct if these steps are correct [in terms of application status in the CIC web]

1 Processing
2 Reviewing
3 Submitted
4 ?
5?