+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Applications from Turkey Here

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
My university was listed on 20 October . I received AIP but I have not yet received passport request. Waiting desperately. I applied Student Visa at the beginning of June.
Applied at May with Bio at 5th of August. AIP and GCMS says passed on everything aside from info sharing with system error

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
As far as I know, you can continue your study if your school offers a remote option. There is nothing to do with IRCC. It's your responsibility to manage the time outside of Canada for pgwp purposes. I think that's fine.

Yes, even though schools notified that their plan is approved, they are not listed. It's the way IRCC controls the student flow to the country. The next update on November 17 and your DLI will be on the list on that date. :confused:

My school's plan still pending approval. I believe I see my school in the list on December 1 update. :rolleyes:
Thanks for your kind answer!

I am actually a bit worried about pgwp eligibility and DLI issue.
For instance, my school has decided to offer my program fully remote for winter 21 term. Due to that, I have decided to handle some personal issues (marriage, etc.) until march so that means I will land in Canada in march. In one email my college says "if you fail to arrive in Canada on January, your pgwp may be effected" . However, on Ircc website it states that up to 50% of the program can be completed outside and pgwp won't be affected.

So, is there anyone here who for any reason wants to complete the winter 21 term from Turkey or another country and their school is DLI approved?
If so, could you please share with me your information regarding the pgwp issue?

Thanks folks!

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Thanks for your kind answer!

I am actually a bit worried about pgwp eligibility and DLI issue.
For instance, my school has decided to offer my program fully remote for winter 21 term. Due to that, I have decided to handle some personal issues (marriage, etc.) until march so that means I will land in Canada in march. In one email my college says "if you fail to arrive in Canada on January, your pgwp may be effected" . However, on Ircc website it states that up to 50% of the program can be completed outside and pgwp won't be affected.

So, is there anyone here who for any reason wants to complete the winter 21 term from Turkey or another country and their school is DLI approved?
If so, could you please share with me your information regarding the pgwp issue?

Thanks folks!
What is your program length? You can complete up to 50% of your program online. IRCC already stated they will count the time outside of Canada for pgwp until April 30, 2021. Also, you may ask your school that they are claiming your pgwp will be effected on what grounds.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#pgwp-eligibility

It's another option to ask IRCC via twitter @CitImmCanada, they are answering each questions.

Similar question:

Last edited:

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
What is your program length? You can complete up to 50% of your program online. IRCC already stated they will count the time outside of Canada for pgwp until April 30, 2021. Also, you may ask your school that they are claiming your pgwp will be effected on what grounds.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#pgwp-eligibility

It's another option to ask IRCC via twitter @CitImmCanada, they are answering each questions.

Similar question:
Thanks for the response!

My college simply states that they are now in DLI so I believe they are protecting themselves in case the pgwp changes.
They say "start making your plans to come to canada if you have the study visa".

I will also twit the IRCC to make sure and feel relaxed.

Thanks again!

Reactions: azzamkc

eeersoy

Nov 6, 2020
Hi! My situation is the same. My study starts in January, but i’m planning to enter Canada in February. For January, My plan is to study online from Turkey. In the latest email from my college, they say:
“Seneca’s approval to welcome international students does not impact any other temporary government policy changes that are still in effect. For example: international students can continue to study online from their home countries, with the time counting toward the Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP), until April 30, 2021. Please visit the Government of Canada website for PGWP eligibility details.“

So, i didn’t have any hesitation until i saw your post here.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the response!

My college simply states that they are now in DLI so I believe they are protecting themselves in case the pgwp changes.
They say "start making your plans to come to canada if you have the study visa".

I will also twit the IRCC to make sure and feel relaxed.

Thanks again!

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi! My situation is the same. My study starts in January, but i’m planning to enter Canada in February. For January, My plan is to study online from Turkey. In the latest email from my college, they say:
“Seneca’s approval to welcome international students does not impact any other temporary government policy changes that are still in effect. For example: international students can continue to study online from their home countries, with the time counting toward the Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP), until April 30, 2021. Please visit the Government of Canada website for PGWP eligibility details.“

So, i didn’t have any hesitation until i saw your post here.:rolleyes:
I think your college gives a much understandable response than mine mate.

Joe140

Oct 28, 2020
Hi, good news. My friend and I received OPR's today. Our applications were submitted in Lebanon and processed in Ankara. We applied in early May and early June. So, seems like things are catching up in Ankara...

Reactions: aycorek

Leb123

Oct 27, 2020
Hi, good news. My friend and I received OPR's today. Our applications were submitted in Lebanon and processed in Ankara. We applied in early May and early June. So, seems like things are catching up in Ankara...
Hi Joe,
I am from lebanon too, still waiting for OPR. Applied early April.
When was your school added to the DLI list?

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019

Similar question:
Anyone else has heard anything from their colleges, guys?

gghattas

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
if I have valid visitor visa , what is the process to receive my study permit
applied in April , AIP received in August . no other response ,